Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Classic 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How exciting will 2009 Tourny be?
I dont know who is in it yet but there will be some good teams in the Mountains next year. Hazard, Knott, Letcher, and Shelby Valley are just a few.
I hope they invite Letcher Central to play in it next year.
Well didnt JBS win it this year?

uk96

RavenBoy Wrote:Well didnt JBS win it this year?
Yes JBS won for the second consecutive year this year but with the program in question I am sure that the Wymt crew has an alternative school in place...
uk96 Wrote:Yes JBS won for the second consecutive year this year but with the program in question I am sure that the Wymt crew has an alternative school in place...
I wonder if they will do that since ALC is a big supporter of WYMT or was!
RavenBoy Wrote:Well didnt JBS win it this year?
Yes, JBS won it and the boys that transferred to KCC, one was the MVP and was injured in that game, the other recieved the 110% award. The injury just about finished the season for him.
uk96 Wrote:Yes JBS won for the second consecutive year this year but with the program in question I am sure that the Wymt crew has an alternative school in place...
If JBS fields a team this year, then they will be invited. The winning team gets a automatic bid into it the following year. JBS may decline the offer though, but it will be offered.
Im about positive that the defending champion gets an auto bid the next season. Hope Knox Central gets another invite. JBS beat them out this year.
Well if Clint is on JBS team they will play.
RavenBoy Wrote:Well if Clint is on JBS team they will play.

I'm guessing JBS's schedule will be a lot weaker this coming year.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I'm guessing JBS's schedule will be a lot weaker this coming year.
Hello Riverside.
I'm pretty sure the Tigers of Clay County will be back next year.
Defending champion does not get an automatic bid. This was changed a couple of years ago
Windsprint Wrote:Defending champion does not get an automatic bid. This was changed a couple of years ago
If that is the case JBS will never be back again in school history.

uk96

Benchwarmer Wrote:I'm guessing JBS's schedule will be a lot weaker this coming year.
I dont think people understand but there is only a small chance that JBS will ever have a basketball team again. There is a chance that the school might be closed after this year....
I dont know, its all according to Clint Stepp, if he stays they will play in the WYMT.
this would be awsome if it worked out like this

14th hazard, kcc, letcher, and perry
15th pikeville, shelby valley
13th corbin, knox central
that would be one awsome tournament
Norm Stewert Wrote:this would be awsome if it worked out like this

That would be good, 2 bad SV and Paintsville wasent in it last year.
Norm Stewert Wrote:this would be awsome if it worked out like this

Pikeville will not be in it next year.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Pikeville will not be in it next year.
Did they lose alot of players?
RavenBoy Wrote:Hello Riverside.

lol...and the david schoolBig Grin
RavenBoy Wrote:Did they lose alot of players?

No, but going into the season they are not top 3 in a lot of peoples eyes but IMO they are the sold #2 in the 15th
NEXT Wrote:No, but going into the season they are not top 3 in a lot of peoples eyes but IMO they are the sold #2 in the 15th
They was already invited but declined.
Should be a talent filled WYMT if the officials that make the invites invite the good teams and want to see some good basketball.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:They was already invited but declined.

Why?

Another tourney?
ACCORDING TO MY SOURCE AT WYMT, FROM THE APPLICATIONS THEY HAVE RECIEVED BACK:
14TH WILL BE: JBS (if available), Perry, Hazard, Letcher, Knott(is the alternate if JBS can't field a team)
15TH WILL BE: SHELBY VALLEY, PRESTONSBURG
13TH WILL BE: KNOX, CLAY
mountain hoops guru Wrote:ACCORDING TO MY SOURCE AT WYMT, FROM THE APPLICATIONS THEY HAVE RECIEVED BACK:
14TH WILL BE: JBS (if available), Perry, Hazard, Letcher, Knott(is the alternate if JBS can't field a team)
15TH WILL BE: SHELBY VALLEY, PRESTONSBURG
13TH WILL BE: KNOX, CLAY
Looks like a good one, Hopefully JBS will stay home.
Prestonsburg ?
Why would they invite JBS anyway..Yeah I know they have won it 2 years in a row but if there lucky enough to fill a team they will not be any threat to win it..Put someone in there with the chance of actually winning it not someone who can barely fill a team..
I think that Letcher Central would do good if invited.
Pages: 1 2