Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top outfielders in the 15th?
RedSeal Wrote:I respect your opinion also. Humphrey did have a better batting average than Laney but Laney had more home runs and RBI's.... But Laney has a Letter of Intent to show off so Pikeville thinks he is able to contribute at the college level.
Look, to be honest with you, I never got to see LC much last year. I knew that Jeff, Roberts, and Hayes had pretty good years and that Shep proved he could pitch varsity as an 8th grader. But to be perfectly honest, I never even heard of these other guys and never really thought much about em. Not saying that they won't have great years, cause I wish LC the best against anyone but Paintsville.
The Guru Wrote:Red....Hump has grown since his freshman year. And what are you talking about, that colleges dont offer on what a kid can do at the moment but what their potential is? Are you sure you want to continue an argument on this? I don't want you to get embarrassed.

Dont want me to get embarrassed? What makes you think that you know so much more than I do?You are just another person from Paintsville who thinks they are better than everybody else. This is an open discussion which means everybody is entitled to their own opinion but of course somebody doesnt say something your way and you want to smart off like that. Yeah the kid has to be able to play but it cant be a case where the kid has already reached his full potential, and in Humphreys case, I think he has. I do not see Humphrey getting any bigger or any faster or any better because he HAS REACHED HIS FULL POTENTIAL. I think that Laney on the other hand has more tools to work with and HAS NOT YET REACHED HIS FULL POTENTIAL. Therfore Laney has a college scholarship and Humphrey doesnt. It is called class, why dont you try it once in a while.
RedSeal Wrote:That is a fact... I have spoken with his parents and he did hit 89 a few times... They were extremely happy about how UK treated him as well they should...haha

Dont have the first clue as to what he hit at a UK camp, but I can tell you for sure what he hit in the regional tournament. He hit 84 twice in the 1st inning, and never topped 83 after that and was down in the high 70's by the 4th inning. 89 is an incredible jump, would you not agree?

I did however see him get hammered and his team mercied in a game at the Ashland 4th of July Tournament over the summer. He certainly wasn't throwing 89 there. More like 79. The way that he was being hit, I can guess that for one particular day anyways, that Metcalf Co. thought it was coming in at 69.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Dont have the first clue as to what he hit at a UK camp, but I can tell you for sure what he hit in the regional tournament. He hit 84 twice in the 1st inning, and never topped 83 after that and was down in the high 70's by the 4th inning. 89 is an incredible jump, would you not agree?

I did however see him get hammered and his team mercied in a game at the Ashland 4th of July Tournament over the summer. He certainly wasn't throwing 89 there. More like 79. The way that he was being hit, I can guess that for one particular day anyways, that Metcalf Co. thought it was coming in at 69.

Since this isn't a pitching thread, let me just throw this out to you and end it. Reagrdless what he threw in the regional tournament last year, in December 2007 at UK, he was clocked consistently throwing 87-89. Rather than argue about it on here, give Tim Adkins from Marshall a call, or the assistant coach from Alice Lloyd, both of whom were standing behind the plate watching and clocking him. Or, get his score sheets from the showcase. Whatever works, but this is getting absurd.
RedSeal Wrote:Dont want me to get embarrassed? What makes you think that you know so much more than I do?You are just another person from Paintsville who thinks they are better than everybody else. This is an open discussion which means everybody is entitled to their own opinion but of course somebody doesnt say something your way and you want to smart off like that. Yeah the kid has to be able to play but it cant be a case where the kid has already reached his full potential, and in Humphreys case, I think he has. I do not see Humphrey getting any bigger or any faster or any better because he HAS REACHED HIS FULL POTENTIAL. I think that Laney on the other hand has more tools to work with and HAS NOT YET REACHED HIS FULL POTENTIAL. Therfore Laney has a college scholarship and Humphrey doesnt. It is called class, why dont you try it once in a while.

Rolleyes You have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to Hump and college baseball. And I'm not speaking of times and averages or schollys. If you knew as much as you say you do. You would know exactly what I'm speaking about.
As far as your little thing about Paintsville. Rolleyes Please, That is getting so D*mn old.
RedSeal Wrote:Dont want me to get embarrassed? What makes you think that you know so much more than I do?You are just another person from Paintsville who thinks they are better than everybody else. This is an open discussion which means everybody is entitled to their own opinion but of course somebody doesnt say something your way and you want to smart off like that. Yeah the kid has to be able to play but it cant be a case where the kid has already reached his full potential, and in Humphreys case, I think he has. I do not see Humphrey getting any bigger or any faster or any better because he HAS REACHED HIS FULL POTENTIAL. I think that Laney on the other hand has more tools to work with and HAS NOT YET REACHED HIS FULL POTENTIAL. Therfore Laney has a college scholarship and Humphrey doesnt. It is called class, why dont you try it once in a while.

What you said was that colleges don't look at what a kid already does, that they look for potential. I have been told by both college and pro scouts that what they look for are 2 things, Arm strength and speed. Those are God given gifts and everything else can be taught. Is Laney faster than Hump? No, they are almost dead even. Is Laney's Arm strength better? I dunno. you sure don't cause you still think Hump is 5'7" and 140 pounds soaken wet. Well.....guess what....YOU ARE WRONG!!! Plain and simple, you have got on here and said smack about stuff that you don't know. If that doesn't embarrass you, then fine, it would most people to find out that what they say is as dumb as a rock! Have I said anything bad about Laney? No. I have said that in reallity, these two are probably very close in their positions. Hump has not reached his full potential either. I don't think I am better than anyone. It is an opinion forum, but you don't state it as that, you state it as fact. So if you can't even come close to knowing Hump's size, how could you possibly know his potential?
Big Dawg Wrote:Since this isn't a pitching thread, let me just throw this out to you and end it. Reagrdless what he threw in the regional tournament last year, in December 2007 at UK, he was clocked consistently throwing 87-89. Rather than argue about it on here, give Tim Adkins from Marshall a call, or the assistant coach from Alice Lloyd, both of whom were standing behind the plate watching and clocking him. Or, get his score sheets from the showcase. Whatever works, but this is getting absurd.

Why in the heck are you so dang touchy about it to begin with?:confused:
The Guru Wrote:What you said was that colleges don't look at what a kid already does, that they look for potential. I have been told by both college and pro scouts that what they look for are 2 things, Arm strength and speed. Those are God given gifts and everything else can be taught. Is Laney faster than Hump? No, they are almost dead even. Is Laney's Arm strength better? I dunno. you sure don't cause you still think Hump is 5'7" and 140 pounds soaken wet. Well.....guess what....YOU ARE WRONG!!! Plain and simple, you have got on here and said smack about stuff that you don't know. If that doesn't embarrass you, then fine, it would most people to find out that what they say is as dumb as a rock! Have I said anything bad about Laney? No. I have said that in reallity, these two are probably very close in their positions. Hump has not reached his full potential either. I don't think I am better than anyone. It is an opinion forum, but you don't state it as that, you state it as fact. So if you can't even come close to knowing Hump's size, how could you possibly know his potential?

I think they are as even as you can get, except for at the plate. At the plate Humphrey would get an edge. He hit very good last year, and he will be one of their more consistent hitters this season. Well were about 48 hours from starting to be able to finding out all these comparisons, the season is finally starting, it felt like an eternity. Good luck to both of them this season.