Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top outfielders in the 15th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who do you think?
Humphrey-Paintsville
Laney-LC
Alex Hammonds -- AC
Corey Humphrey -- Paintsville
Bobby Huges -- P'Burg
Brad Laney -- LC
Luke Huffman from pikeville, but he is injured isn't he?
I think Laney from Lawrence is the best. I think right behind him is Shane Pack who is in left field. I would like to see what this outfield could have been if Humphrey wouldn't have left because he is right next in line.
Who else besides Humphrey does Paintsville have in the outfield?
[quote=RedSeal]I think Laney from Lawrence is the best. I think right behind him is Shane Pack who is in left field. I would like to see what this outfield could have been if Humphrey wouldn't have left because he is right next in line.
Who else besides Humphrey does Paintsville have in the outfield?[/quote]
I would hope it is Jake Cyrus and Patrick Butcher. Besides Grimm maybe playing there some, I dont know anyone else that would.
Prater and Hammonds- AC
Hughes-Pburg
SV's Tyler Johnson is a good centerfielder - good speed and glove, GREAT arm. He just needs to learn that you don't ALWAYS have to throw if from CF to home plate w/o a cut-off! :-) Brock Kinney is a pretty good left fielder, too. Doesn't have the arm that Johnson does, but he hits the cut-off every time. He's having to play 1st a lot, though, so this could hurt the Cats' OF.
RedSeal Wrote:I think Laney from Lawrence is the best. I think right behind him is Shane Pack who is in left field. I would like to see what this outfield could have been if Humphrey wouldn't have left because he is right next in line.
Who else besides Humphrey does Paintsville have in the outfield?
Man they must be really good then. Hump has a great arm and tremendous speed. He was timed the other day at 6.71 and 6.75 in the 60. That is quick! What are their times?
The Guru Wrote:Man they must be really good then. Hump has a great arm and tremendous speed. He was timed the other day at 6.71 and 6.75 in the 60. That is quick! What are their times?

Yea considering the fact that Laney about 195lbs, and Pack 210lbs, and both with 60 times under 7.0.
Both have about 20 pounds on Humphery mybe more than that... Laney actually as be timed faster than him while Humphery was at LC several times, in 1st to 3rd & while stealing 2nd & 60... And Im pretty sure Laney had more steals than Humphery at the end of regular season last yr.

Last I know of Laney's 60 he ran 6.79 at UK camp as a JR., pre-season conditoning Laney was staying in under 6.9
Pack just a soph runs it at his best 6.9- to 7 flat

So u tell me Guru whos better??? Big Grin
These numbers some of you are quoting are better than a lot of major leaguers. Sounds a lot like all of these 4.4 running backs we have here in the mountains........LOL
Triple Crown Wrote:Yea considering the fact that Laney about 195lbs, and Pack 210lbs, and both with 60 times under 7.0.
Both have about 20 pounds on Humphery mybe more than that... Laney actually as be timed faster than him while Humphery was at LC several times, in 1st to 3rd & while stealing 2nd & 60... And Im pretty sure Laney had more steals than Humphery at the end of regular season last yr.

Last I know of Laney's 60 he ran 6.79 at UK camp as a JR., pre-season conditoning Laney was staying in under 6.9

Humphrey! Laney and Pack are fast, okay, but you need to add in other factors that are involved when you say, "Best outfielders in the 15th Region." Batting average, OBP, SO, PO, how bout their arm? In doing this I can tell you that Humphrey's bat is better than Laney and Pack, so is his OBP. He hit 2nd, as far as I know, last year and his strikeouts were really down, and Laney was probably up there in the strikeouts. I don't have anyway of knowing the put-outs, and I would say their arms are about even. I would have to give the edge to Humphrey.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:These numbers some of you are quoting are better than a lot of major leaguers. Sounds a lot like all of these 4.4 running backs we have here in the mountains........LOL

Well, I can vouch for Guru. Wink
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, I can vouch for Guru. Wink
Wasn't saying that anybody was wrong. Those are just incredible numbers from so many players coming from such a small area is all. I was just amazed at the sheer number of kids being said to be able to run those times. Dont know if anyone realizes how few and far between legit sub 7's really are out there. I have been to a bunch of showcases where there would be anywhere from to 2-3 kids to nobody sub 7, with a couple hundred kids from all over the place in attendence.
Triple Crown Wrote:Yea considering the fact that Laney about 195lbs, and Pack 210lbs, and both with 60 times under 7.0.

Look.....you think LC's OF is better, I don't. You think Hump is behind Laney and Pack, I don't. Truth is....they are probably a lot closer than either of us will admit.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Wasn't saying that anybody was wrong. Those are just incredible numbers from so many players coming from such a small area is all. I was just amazed at the sheer number of kids being said to be able to run those times. Dont know if anyone realizes how few and far between legit sub 7's really are out there. I have been to a bunch of showcases where there would be anywhere from to 2-3 kids to nobody sub 7, with a couple hundred kids from all over the place in attendence.
The times I quoted were timed by hand, not electronically. So I don't know just how accurate they are. I do know that last year, Hump and butcher were electronically timed sub 7 at UK.
The Guru Wrote:The times I quoted were timed by hand, not electronically. So I don't know just how accurate they are. I do know that last year, Hump and butcher were electronically timed sub 7 at UK.

I could believe that
The Guru Wrote:The times I quoted were timed by hand, not electronically. So I don't know just how accurate they are. I do know that last year, Hump and butcher were electronically timed sub 7 at UK.
To be honest , I have never been to a showcase where anything was electronically timed. I cant honestly say either how acurate hand timing is over laser timing either. I have been to just about every showcase in about a 250 mile radius and they were all hand timed. I have seen laser timing at places like the HIT Center, however. Again not disputing anything, obviously I wasn't there. Come to think of it at UK , was only there for pitching showcase, not position players.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:To be honest , I have never been to a showcase where anything was electronically timed. I cant honestly say either how acurate hand timing is over laser timing either. I have been to just about every showcase in about a 250 mile radius and they were all hand timed. I have seen laser timing at places like the HIT Center, however. Again not disputing anything, obviously I wasn't there. Come to think of it at UK , was only there for pitching showcase, not position players.
It wasn't a showcase it was a camp.
The Guru Wrote:It wasn't a showcase it was a camp.

That was the same pitching camp at UK that someone told me the Shepherd kid hit 89 at. I have not seen him throw this year. I don't know if anyone has, but I wonder if he is throwing that hard already? Sorry I know this isn't the pitching thread.
OMG Wrote:That was the same pitching camp at UK that someone told me the Shepherd kid hit 89 at. I have not seen him throw this year. I don't know if anyone has, but I wonder if he is throwing that hard already? Sorry I know this isn't the pitching thread.
It was a different camp. It was a team camp.
OMG Wrote:Humphrey! Laney and Pack are fast, okay, but you need to add in other factors that are involved when you say, "Best outfielders in the 15th Region." Batting average, OBP, SO, PO, how bout their arm? In doing this I can tell you that Humphrey's bat is better than Laney and Pack, so is his OBP. He hit 2nd, as far as I know, last year and his strikeouts were really down, and Laney was probably up there in the strikeouts. I don't have anyway of knowing the put-outs, and I would say their arms are about even. I would have to give the edge to Humphrey.

I am going to have to disagree on this one. Humphrey, Laney, and Pack are all exceptional athletes. They all are fast, can hit, good arms, and have good gloves. But you have to consider that Humphrey is about 5' 7" 140 lbs soaken wet while Laney is 6' 1" 200 and Pack is 6' 2" 215....I just have to give the edge to Lawrence's outfielders over Hump.... I think that is why Laney has already signed a scholarship to a college and Humphrey hasnt, because he has more potential. Colleges usually dont offer a kid on what they can do at the moment but on how much potential they have and how coachable they are. I wish best of luck to all of them. If Humphrey would have stayed at Lawrence then we wouldnt be having this argument, we could just say "Lawrence's outfield, end of story" haha
Nevertheless, They are all above average outfielders and we will have to see who is truly the best when the season starts...
OMG Wrote:That was the same pitching camp at UK that someone told me the Shepherd kid hit 89 at. I have not seen him throw this year. I don't know if anyone has, but I wonder if he is throwing that hard already? Sorry I know this isn't the pitching thread.

That is a fact... I have spoken with his parents and he did hit 89 a few times... They were extremely happy about how UK treated him as well they should...haha
RedSeal Wrote:I am going to have to disagree on this one. Humphrey, Laney, and Pack are all exceptional athletes. They all are fast, can hit, good arms, and have good gloves. But you have to consider that Humphrey is about 5' 7" 140 lbs soaken wet while Laney is 6' 1" 200 and Pack is 6' 2" 215....I just have to give the edge to Lawrence's outfielders over Hump.... I think that is why Laney has already signed a scholarship to a college and Humphrey hasnt, because he has more potential. Colleges usually dont offer a kid on what they can do at the moment but on how much potential they have and how coachable they are. I wish best of luck to all of them. If Humphrey would have stayed at Lawrence then we wouldnt be having this argument, we could just say "Lawrence's outfield, end of story" haha
Nevertheless, They are all above average outfielders and we will have to see who is truly the best when the season starts...

Well actually the outfield position is one position where size has no baring on anything. Humphrey is the better hitter, but i've been hearing good things on the other two as well, but if were basing on last years stats then Humphrey is a better hitter, and I really think Humphrey had more steals last year. But I'm okay with disagreeing with you and I respect your opinion. But Humphrey is still better, haha just kidding.
RedSeal Wrote:That is a fact... I have spoken with his parents and he did hit 89 a few times... They were extremely happy about how UK treated him as well they should...haha

really? I would not have guessed he was throwing that hard at all.
The Guru Wrote:It was a different camp. It was a team camp.

Gotcha!
OMG Wrote:really? I would not have guessed he was throwing that hard at all.

He has been working extremely hard in the off season and made a lot of strides. He will be something to watch this year and the following 3 years..haha
It is hard to belive this kid is only 15 years old
OMG Wrote:Well actually the outfield position is one position where size has no baring on anything. Humphrey is the better hitter, but i've been hearing good things on the other two as well, but if were basing on last years stats then Humphrey is a better hitter, and I really think Humphrey had more steals last year. But I'm okay with disagreeing with you and I respect your opinion. But Humphrey is still better, haha just kidding.

I respect your opinion also. Humphrey did have a better batting average than Laney but Laney had more home runs and RBI's.... But Laney has a Letter of Intent to show off so Pikeville thinks he is able to contribute at the college level.
Laney was timed at a UK camp, so his time is pretty accurate I would rather take that time than a time taken at a practice....Last yr both of them were timed by Sparq during Spring Break last season..

And there is no way Humphery's bat is better, Laney has been at the top of Region since a soph. in HR & RBI's... Oh yeah Humphery's batting avg. might be better, mybe... Well Paintsville's whole teams batting avg. was prolly better due to the strength of schedule... I would LOVE to see Paintsville's batting avg. if they played the type of schedule Lawrence County played...

Oh yeah and if you were wondering Chandler Shepherd has been hitting 85-87
consistantly... And that was 2 weeks ago, he starts Monday vs Huntington High
RedSeal Wrote:I am going to have to disagree on this one. Humphrey, Laney, and Pack are all exceptional athletes. They all are fast, can hit, good arms, and have good gloves. But you have to consider that Humphrey is about 5' 7" 140 lbs soaken wet while Laney is 6' 1" 200 and Pack is 6' 2" 215....I just have to give the edge to Lawrence's outfielders over Hump.... I think that is why Laney has already signed a scholarship to a college and Humphrey hasnt, because he has more potential. Colleges usually dont offer a kid on what they can do at the moment but on how much potential they have and how coachable they are. I wish best of luck to all of them. If Humphrey would have stayed at Lawrence then we wouldnt be having this argument, we could just say "Lawrence's outfield, end of story" haha
Red....Hump has grown since his freshman year. And what are you talking about, that colleges dont offer on what a kid can do at the moment but what their potential is? Are you sure you want to continue an argument on this? I don't want you to get embarrassed.
Pages: 1 2