Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK 79 - Vanderbilt 73 FINAL
Wow, I hadn't been this excited during a UK basketball game in quite a while. Even though I was watching it on TV, you could feel the energy reverberating through Rupp Arena as the game got tight at the end.

I feel that Patterson should've gotten player of the game, even though he didn't do a lot in the second half. The other guys tried to get the ball to him, but it always seemed like there were at least two, if not three Vandy players collapsing all over him. Still, strong game.

I was glad to see Crawford and Bradley step up and hit some clutch shots late in the game. That's exactly what seniors should do. Jasper also looked really good shooting the ball today, which can only help us in future games.

Now it's time to get healthy and go get a win in Starkville on Tuesday!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just got home and seen the game on Sportscenter...whew...what a game, wish I could've watched it. I didn't even know UK played today...lol
Well Jasper has a sprained MCL and is day to day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
AMAZING GAME ALL AROUND! I was in Rupp and it was an atmosphere that almost rivaled that of the Florida game from last year. Everything was clicking perfectly today. Patterson had a monster game, Crawford played within his ability, Coury had the game of his life, Stevenson developed right before my eyes, Harris was extremely useful, Jasper was shooting good, heck even Bradley was doing everything neccecary for us to win today. This might have been the game that the players finally bought into CBG's system and played their roles instead of doing their own thing. CBG made good coaching decisions and showed a fantastic coaching mentality, teaching the players every chance he could get. A perfect pick-me-up for a lack-luster season. I don't know how significant this win may be for the season but in the long run, it looks like a very bright future for the cats.
What a great game... I hope this is a turning point for the Cats!!!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Because Bradley made a lot of big plays down the stretch
Thats Because Bradley took more forced shots than anyone else. He missed more than he hit. He wanted to be the Hero. Patterson was Doubled the whole game, but he didnt score the last 12 mins of the game.
I was noticing that every player will pass it down low and look for Patterson except for Crawford. I was wondering if they were some Jealousy there.
Thanks Stevenson for having the ball on the top of the key and turning it over about 5 times. Thanks buddy.
Best part of the game is that when Uk lost the lead they didn't fall apart like they did against Louisville. The Cats are becoming a team and Patterson gets better every game.
RavenBoy Wrote:Thats Because Bradley took more forced shots than anyone else. He missed more than he hit. He wanted to be the Hero. Patterson was Doubled the whole game, but he didnt score the last 12 mins of the game.
I was noticing that every player will pass it down low and look for Patterson except for Crawford. I was wondering if they were some Jealousy there.

I can remember at least 2 times off the top of my head Joe got the ball down low to Patrick.. Joe didn't have a bad game.. this team still needs some more offensive weapons.. Joe also played some great D on Vandy's #32...
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Because Bradley made a lot of big plays down the stretch
Are you kidding???? Bradley tried his best to give the game away. Uk has a 10 point lead and then the idiot tries to take over the game and just about lost it. Billy G should handcuff Bradley at the end of games.

Bradley was a better player when he was a freshman than he is now.
rosebud Wrote:Are you kidding???? Bradley tried his best to give the game away. Uk has a 10 point lead and then the idiot tries to take over the game and just about lost it. Billy G should handcuff Bradley at the end of games.

Bradley was a better player when he was a freshman than he is now.

Bradley got all of his points in the second half alone, so that's hardly saying that he about lost it for us. Without those 20 points in the second half, we would have lost by 13.

I don't like Bradley that much either, but IMO, he gets too much of a bad rap sometimes.

If anything, it was Patterson who didn't play well at the end of the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's awful hard to score when you don't get ball because Bradley's pounding all the air out of it and then throwing up a shot with 2-3 players on you. If he would have been driving and then passing to an open man, that would have been great.

UK will go as far as Bradley's stupidity takes them.
rosebud Wrote:It's awful hard to score when you don't get ball because Bradley's pounding all the air out of it and then throwing up a shot with 2-3 players on you. If he would have been driving and then passing to an open man, that would have been great.

UK will go as far as Bradley's stupidity takes them.

Patterson wasn't open. He was getting triple and quadruple teamed. I remember seeing as soon as Patterson got the ball in the second half, he had 3-4 guys around him and it's awful hard to make a basket with that many bodies in front of you.

That left us with the option of shooting around the perimeter. Luckily we had some players other than Patterson step up and make some shots. Yes, a lot of players had stupid turnovers in this game (Patterson included), but we pulled it out by playing as a team and not just relying on our stud from Huntington.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Go Cats!!! Nice Win!
ComfortEagle Wrote:That left us with the option of shooting around the perimeter. Luckily we had some players other than Patterson step up and make some shots. Yes, a lot of players had stupid turnovers in this game (Patterson included), but we pulled it out by playing as a team and not just relying on our stud from Huntington.

I really thought those two three's Jasper hit in the first half were key. Last year teams would always double down off him because he couldn't hit that shot, and this year other teams are still daring him to hit a wide-open three. If he can knock those down on a consistent basis, it will be a lot harder to double and triple-team Patterson.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]