Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lawrence Co.2024
It sure is! Those three guys provided a lot on both sides of the ball last year and will be missed, that’s without question. While they will lack some experience, they return a ton of talent on both sides.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lcgrad2002's post:
  • Gridiron_Raid
KJ with the breakout
Hope to have enough depth to keep the linemen from going both ways.
(08-04-2024, 10:45 AM)AADKINS Wrote: Hope to have enough depth to keep the linemen from going both ways.

hearing from a couple different t contacts in LC that there is depth at some skill positions….but much thinner on the lines.
Who are your contacts in LC?

One thing is for sure, they have a lot of skill players and the returning lineman should be solid. It should be a strong season for the Bulldogs!
(08-04-2024, 07:16 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(08-04-2024, 10:45 AM)AADKINS Wrote: Hope to have enough depth to keep the linemen from going both ways.

hearing from a couple different t contacts in LC that there is depth at some skill positions….but much thinner on the lines.
I think that's an accurate assessment.  There will be some new faces on the O line and it might take a game or 2 for them to gel.  But the first group ought to be Ok, with a chance to be good.  The problem is that our 2 best D linemen are also O line starters, which hasn't been the case the last couple years.  LC has very few juniors and seniors (and even fewer contributors from those 2 classes), which is a problem.  But the sophomore class has good numbers and several kids who can really play, and there are some freshmen with some talent who can provide some depth.  Honestly, our personnel fits very well with the new offense installed last year, and fits very well with their defensive philosophy.  I think they'll be better athletically than every team on the schedule.  The question will be whether they're physically mature enough to go toe to toe with a grinder like Belfry.
I'm just hoping they are mature enough to control the game in the 1st half!! The 1st half offense last year was mediocre. But with adjustments at the half they come out with some good wins.
I hear you say mediocre but their starting qb was out due to illness, a new offense, new players and schemes, position changes and taking all of that into consideration they did very well. They just needed to be more consistent on offense.
(08-06-2024, 04:21 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: I hear you say mediocre but their starting qb was out due to illness, a new offense, new players and schemes, position changes and taking all of that into consideration they did very well. They just needed to be more consistent on offense.
Just saying. The 1st halves were mediocre. He was playing at the rock and the 1st half was one of the worst we had all year. Then they established the passing game and it all changed. Cant wait to see what the future holds