Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lawrence Co.2024
Expect good things from this years team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AADKINS's post:
  • Bull got out!
Refresh my memory a little but is this the team where the guy who use to do radio is the coach?
Whats their schedule look like?
(06-02-2024, 09:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Refresh my memory a little but is this the team where the guy who use to do radio is the coach?

Must be a different team you're thinking of.  Alan Short is HC.  Former LC player, never done radio.
(06-03-2024, 11:34 AM)Harry Dawg Wrote:
(06-02-2024, 09:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Refresh my memory a little but is this the team where the guy who use to do radio is the coach?

Must be a different team you're thinking of.  Alan Short is HC.  Former LC player, never done radio.

Ok, I think you are right. This is the team that gives Belfry all they want and is fix in to break over the hump..
(06-03-2024, 11:53 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 11:34 AM)Harry Dawg Wrote:

Ok, I think you are right. This is the team that gives Belfry all they want and is fix in to break over the hump..
Belfry is 19-1 against Lawrence County since 2011.
LC has a talented group of Frosh coming in sure. They should be solid this year.
Schedule will likely have all teams from last year with maybe Boyd Co. the only exception.
(06-03-2024, 08:31 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: LC has a talented group of Frosh coming in sure. They should be solid this year.
Seem to hear this every year. Wasn’t this years group supposed to be really good.  LC seems to have the athletes to compete. Their schedule doesn’t seem to do alot to help them prepare.
LC had a solid Frosh class last year. But this year has more big game experience and some really nice atheletes. Couple of speedsters, good size, good bruising combo back, quality QB play. Imo, it’s the best class from top to bottom to come through LC in awhile. There’s been classes with one or maybe 2 better individual kids but I think this class has the ability to finally get over the belfry hump a few times before they are gone.
(06-05-2024, 09:56 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: LC had a solid Frosh class last year. But this year has more big game experience and some really nice atheletes. Couple of speedsters, good size, good bruising combo back, quality QB play. Imo, it’s the best class from top to bottom to come through LC in awhile. There’s been classes with one or maybe 2 better individual kids but I think this class has the ability to finally get over the belfry hump a few times before they are gone.
From what I have seen from Belfry they are extremely big and strong. They have a group that has dedicated themselves to the weight room. And have done it right. Same with Pikeville. Looks like they will be head and shoulders ahead of eastern ky teams.  Be hard to match that kind of strength and speed with young kids. But sounds like lc might have a couple good years ahead of them when these kids mature.
This will be the last year for at least a couple of seasons( possibly more) of a Belfry/Lawrence matchup. Belfry moves to 2A in 2025. IMO….Lawrence should be pretty stout. Good sophomore class….with a mix of a few juniors and seniors sprinkled in. Be interesting to see how the HC manages the offense. Last year, LC was very up and down ….and appeared to struggle finding an offensive identity. Maybe that was youth….maybe that was lack of sideline experience. We’ll see. District should and will come down to LC and Belfry. Game will be at LC. Should be interesting.
Anyone have LC schedule ?
It’s the same schedule as last season, just the home and away games flip except for Shelby Valley, that game will still be home so six home games for the Bulldogs and the big one against Belfry.
Just wasn’t sure about the Boyd Co. game since we just came off an away and home 2 year series.
This year will be the 2nd year in the two year series.
The first two year series was 2021-22 and this one is 2023-24.
Can’t wait, hope to see the number of players up over last couple of years!
[-] The following 1 user Likes AADKINS's post:
  • Senters_93
I see my dawgs taking a leap of faith this year!! As long as the 2nd year offensive coach can have the boys clicking in the 1st and second quarter.
Last years first halves were horrible then we'd come out 3rd quarter and play lights out!! They really need to learn how to adjust to opponents play styles within a few plays..
Get a kicker behind the ball, because it's gonna help in the clutch!!

I'll be standing on the sideline rooting for my team!!!
Go Dawgs
A lot of what you’re saying was because of adjustments made at halftime which Lawrence has been very good at the past several years. Keep in mind, they had a new OC, change at quarterback, new qb was rusty and had never ran that offense. The offensive line was makeshift due to some injuries. There should be a better flow to the offense this year and line should be way improved as well.
(07-09-2024, 10:34 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: A lot of what you’re saying was because of adjustments made at halftime which Lawrence has been very good at the past several years. Keep in mind, they had a new OC, change at quarterback, new qb was rusty and had never ran that offense. The offensive line was makeshift due to some injuries. There should be a better flow to the offense this year and line should be way improved as well.
 The adjustments have always been good. Just like the rockcastle game. 1st half was the worst of the year. Then they brought it back to the last play of the game.. You also can't do anything without a kicker. Ya gotta make extra points. I expect to see alot of improvement this year!!!
By the way, who's gonna be the next breakout running back? They're gonna have a good line this year I believe, if there's no injuries. If ya got a good line, you'll make some big run plays
Cavin Williams
Any word on the start of summer practice? Numbers, size etc?
Good first practice last night.  

The good:  This will be the fastest and most athletic team they've put on the field in quite a while.  Plenty of depth at the skill positions and healthy competition for reps there.  Some of the sophomores that saw significant action last year as freshmen look like varsity football players this year.  Some freshmen who are probably a year away but could see action in spots and provide some depth.

The not so good:  Numbers, especially up front.  I think the starters on both lines will be fine.  But we'll probably have more guys than we'd like playing significant minutes both ways, and there's not much quality depth.

The wait and see:  Leadership and experience.  The junior and senior classes are small, and only a handful of contributors will be upperclassmen.  There's not an alpha dog in the senior class who's going to set the tone and keep everybody in line.
Thanks for the report, controlling the line of scrimmage wins ballgames.
They will be just fine. Our line will be the key this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
The offensive line will be fine I agree.
Who looks to be this years starting QB?
Luke Fetherolf
Crum- stud 1100 all purpose yards 13 tds
mcdavid- 9 tds
pollock- 21 tds

three most productive skills all graduate not even accounting for defensive production. When people in a thread are worried about a line, but yet the skills lose so much production, the idea of staying on the same course and not taking a step back is very hard. They may be very good come the fall, but losing a CORE of production is a lot harder to replace than one individual person.