Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: East Ridge
If he is interested, Winston Lee would be a great choice for East Ridge.
I was told today that Robert Marcum is interested in this job.
(03-19-2024, 10:22 AM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote: I was told today that Robert Marcum is interested in this job.

Who is Robert Marcum???
(03-19-2024, 10:54 AM)WarHawk12 Wrote:
(03-19-2024, 10:22 AM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote: I was told today that Robert Marcum is interested in this job.

Who is Robert Marcum???

Former Clay County head coach.
Why would he want to go from Clay County from East Ridge
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Tyler McCoy will be the next coach at East Ridge.
I was told not doing interviews until the first of April today.
Trevor Noble
Ethan Cummings
Tyler McCoy
These will be their focus I believe. Tyler with his ties to that school and the current players, Ethan and Trevor trying to find a place to call home and start their head coaching careers.
Couldn't see too much interest in someone leaving somewhere as a head coach to take this job.
(03-21-2024, 01:07 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote: Trevor Noble
Ethan Cummings
Tyler McCoy
These will be their focus I believe. Tyler with his ties to that school and the current players, Ethan and Trevor trying to find a place to call home and start their head coaching careers.
Couldn't see too much interest in someone leaving somewhere as a head coach to take this job.

Honest question with the "transfers" happening and I say it that way cause you never know if stuff on here is true or not is this job hopeless going forward?
(03-22-2024, 09:51 AM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote:
Ethan Cummings
Tyler McCoy

Honest question with the "transfers" happening and I say it that way cause you never know if stuff on here is true or not is this job hopeless going forward?

I think you have to bring someone in with the mindset, they have 4-5 years before you start to evaluate them. You have 3 seniors next year in Wallace, Damron and Ramsey. Combined 478 of their 1822 points from last year. You have kids like Gavin, Talon, Kaden and Peyton who will be solid players with the schedule that ER is used to playing. But someone will have to keep the feeder programs feeding into East Ridge. Millard has a solid program that seems to be ran the correct way. It's a matter of keeping their kids before they can ever consider competing again. I wouldn't expect any big names looking into this job.
Ethan Cummings
Tyler McCoy

I think it is unless a group of kids start school together and it just works out that they are best friends through their senior year.  No one is transferring to East Ridge because there is just no draw to want to be there for the things that surround the school.  The school is in the middle of no where on a road that isn't fun to drive.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-22-2024, 01:33 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
Ethan Cummings
Tyler McCoy

I think it is unless a group of kids start school together and it just works out that they are best friends through their senior year.  No one is transferring to East Ridge because there is just no draw to want to be there for the things that surround the school.  The school is in the middle of no where on a road that isn't fun to drive.

Besides 2012, has ER ever got a transfer? The ones that year came from Canada.
(03-22-2024, 01:45 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote:
Ethan Cummings
Tyler McCoy

Does Cameron Justice count since he left to Knott County?
#BBFL
(03-22-2024, 01:58 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
Ethan Cummings
Tyler McCoy

Does Cameron Justice count since he left to Knott County?
I don't think so. He played at Feds Creek and played up in high school. But never actually went to school there. He doesn't end up there if his dad wasn't the coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WarHawk12's post:
  • Spud6
WarHawk you seem like a pretty knowledgeable dude about that area, did you have kids or have kids playing in that region or just a sports fan?
(03-22-2024, 02:15 PM)GotYouInMyScope Wrote: WarHawk you seem like a pretty knowledgeable dude about that area, did you have kids or have kids playing in that region or just a sports fan?

Was raised around that area. Just like to keep up with 15th region hoops.
Ethan Cummings
Tyler McCoy

Technically Eli Sykes was a transfer since he left ER for Valley and went back to ER a year later with no move.
The year ER won the region they had a transfer from Trimble County I think it was. Paul Deese.
(03-22-2024, 11:29 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: The year ER won the region they had a transfer from Trimble County I think it was. Paul Deese.

You are correct. I was referring to something in the last 10 years. That was 20 years ago.
Actually you said “ever”, but ok lol
(03-17-2024, 11:38 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 07:26 PM)RTruth Wrote: Look for them to get a really young guy or a newer guy to head coaching.

Ethan Cummings from Jenkins would be a great fit.

(03-17-2024, 08:10 PM)P. Fanning Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 03:07 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote: Kevin Spurlock is the front runner.

I thought he was content living in Texas while teaching and being an assistant coach there.
Don’t know the guy. Just know he submitted his resume.
Think he’s the middle school coach but possibly an assistant to high school. If I’m thinking of the right guy, he’s very young.
(03-25-2024, 06:32 AM)FanoftheBasketball Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 11:38 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 07:26 PM)RTruth Wrote: Look for them to get a really young guy or a newer guy to head coaching.

Ethan Cummings from Jenkins would be a great fit.

(03-17-2024, 08:10 PM)P. Fanning Wrote:
(03-17-2024, 03:07 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote: Kevin Spurlock is the front runner.

I thought he was content living in Texas while teaching and being an assistant coach there.
Don’t know the guy. Just know he submitted his resume.
Think he’s the middle school coach but possibly an assistant to high school. If I’m thinking of the right guy, he’s very young.

Was told the board already shut down the Spurlock idea.
Can't see a veteran coach taking this job. In my opinion with the recent departure, this is McCoy's job if he wants it.
You would think they would move quicker with this hire considering they could lose their #1 player.
#1 player already enrolled at Pikeville is what I was told
Talk about them dragging this process out. Summer ball is about to start up and schools don't have coaches in place.
Losing Keene is rough for them. Good middle school feeders hopefully they hire someone that can get the program on the way up.
It's being said that East Ridge will be hiring a coach this evening and most folks are believing that it will be Adam Farmer
#BBFL
Confirmed with the school that Farmer will indeed be the head man next year. Good luck to him and the Warriors!