Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job: East Ridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Coach Brody Justice has stepped down as the Warriors head coach.
I could see Kory Thacker taking this job if he is interested.
Coach Justice was 63-77 in his 5 season's at East Ridge.
Do the Warriors have a plan or will there be a search?
Rumor is there’s a guy who is a student at Alice Lloyd and plays basketball there this year that thinks he’ll be the next head coach at East Ridge.
Blaine Keathley and former player, Johnny Miller is names I’m hearing.
The same kory thacker that damaged ER basketball by talking the Sykes brothers and 4 more players to transfer to Shelby Valley from Millard because he thought that would get him an assistants job with Hicks? Three of said players started for SV this year;
Pretty sure Thacker went to Floyd county, then those players left and went to Valley. Didn’t Sykes return to East Ridge? He was on the team that got beat by JC in that crazy overtime finish.
Wrong he was the person who talked them in to going to SV before he went to floyd co. He was once their jr high coach.
Agree to disagree. But either way I’m not sure he’s the one for the job. They will make a safe hire that they will have full control over.
Agreed but I was there when it happened. Also agree they will chose someone the football coach can control.
(03-14-2024, 03:00 PM)redfordranger Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed but I was there when it happened. Also agree they will chose someone the football coach can control.
what does the football coach have to do with it?
(03-14-2024, 05:20 PM)Roncris8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2024, 03:00 PM)redfordranger Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed but I was there when it happened. Also agree they will chose someone the football coach can control.
what does the football coach have to do with it?

He's the shot caller now. Everything goes through him.
Keathley and Miller are names that im hearing, Kory would listen if they went after him. They said in a meeting they want to go young again
Don’t forget about the Farmer guy who helped this year. He coached their girls for years. Someone who’s already in the system.
Hearing more names around this job now. A lot of young coaches trying to get their opportunity.

Trevor Noble
Ethan Cummings
Brandon Ratliff

Wonder if their is any truth to it?
(03-15-2024, 10:59 AM)WarHawk12 Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing more names around this job now. A lot of young coaches trying to get their opportunity.

Trevor Noble
Ethan Cummings
Brandon Ratliff

Better make good choices.  Rumors going through the program that the decision on the new coach may decide if their is a mass departure.    Already told one big name is leaving the program regardless!!
(03-15-2024, 11:53 AM)Roncris8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2024, 10:59 AM)WarHawk12 Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing more names around this job now. A lot of young coaches trying to get their opportunity.

Trevor Noble
Ethan Cummings
Brandon Ratliff

Better make good choices.  Rumors going through the program that the decision on the new coach may decide if their is a mass departure.    Already told one big name is leaving the program regardless!!
They already lost their star player, the day before Justice stepped down.
(03-15-2024, 03:06 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2024, 11:53 AM)Roncris8 Wrote: [ -> ]

Trevor Noble
Ethan Cummings
Brandon Ratliff

They already lost their star player, the day before Justice stepped down.
If their star player it’ll be long season next year for the new coach regardless of who else leaves or stays.
Where is the Keene kid transferring to?
(03-16-2024, 02:32 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the Keene kid transferring to?

Pikeville
Kevin Spurlock is the front runner.
Look for them to get a really young guy or a newer guy to head coaching.
(03-17-2024, 03:07 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote: [ -> ]Kevin Spurlock is the front runner.

I thought he was content living in Texas while teaching and being an assistant coach there.
(03-17-2024, 07:26 PM)RTruth Wrote: [ -> ]Look for them to get a really young guy or a newer guy to head coaching.

Ethan Cummings from Jenkins would be a great fit.

(03-17-2024, 08:10 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2024, 03:07 PM)WarHawk12 Wrote: [ -> ]Kevin Spurlock is the front runner.

I thought he was content living in Texas while teaching and being an assistant coach there.
Don’t know the guy. Just know he submitted his resume.
WARHAWK12 u seem to have inside info on whats going on at ER
(03-18-2024, 12:06 AM)redfordranger Wrote: [ -> ]WARHAWK12 u seem to have inside info on whats going on at ER

Live around that area, people are talking. Doesn’t mean there is any truth to it.
You should have came to little league and diamond day today. Lots of talk there.
(03-18-2024, 12:23 AM)redfordranger Wrote: [ -> ]You should have came to little league and diamond day today. Lots of talk there.

I’m sure everyone has their opinion and the right person for the job. I do not see them hiring before May though.
Not a chance
Pages: 1 2