Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perry Central VS Breathitt County 9/09
The Bobcats have drastically improved for sure, but I’m still not entirely sold on them yet. Hazard could not have played any worse. Starting center gets ejected and really limited what they could do from there on. Negative 60 yards on bad snaps alone which led to a Breathitt touchdown in the first half, and the Bulldogs still had a chance to win. If the cats leave commodore field with a win they are for real!
(09-08-2022, 11:33 AM)bobcatpride1 Wrote: The Bobcats have drastically improved for sure, but I’m still not entirely sold on them yet. Hazard could not have played any worse. Starting center gets ejected and really limited what they could do from there on. Negative 60 yards on bad snaps alone which led to a Breathitt touchdown in the first half, and the Bulldogs still had a chance to win. If the cats leave commodore field with a win they are for real!
You nailed it.  And almost sounds like you defined Perry central as well lol, they are improved, but not completely sold on them yet.  If they can beat Breathitt , they have a legit shot at a 8-2 regular season.  But this Breathitt game is scary, should be a great game and I think High scoring.
(09-08-2022, 11:33 AM)bobcatpride1 Wrote: The Bobcats have drastically improved for sure, but I’m still not entirely sold on them yet. Hazard could not have played any worse. Starting center gets ejected and really limited what they could do from there on. Negative 60 yards on bad snaps alone which led to a Breathitt touchdown in the first half, and the Bulldogs still had a chance to win. If the cats leave commodore field with a win they are for real!
Hazard didn't play well and they did have issues snapping the ball, but it wasn't like the Bobcats played "lights out"! Breathitt gave up a scoop and score on their first series, missed multiple assignments on defense, when the ball was ran outside of the tackles, multiple interceptions by their QB, and they gave up a kickoff return for a touchdown with under two minutes to go. I agree with not knowing exactly what the Bobcats are at this point, but their defense is much improved, and they are much more physical than years past. One of the advantages Perry Central has had over Breathitt during the past several years, is their overall physicality and especially with running the ball. I think Breathitt can match their physicality this year, and I think this could be the difference in the game, especially if Griffie doesn't play. Regardless, it's going to be a hard fought game, between two evenly matched teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • Wolfeman
(09-08-2022, 12:22 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
Hazard didn't play well and they did have issues snapping the ball, but it wasn't like the Bobcats played "lights out"! Breathitt gave up a scoop and score on their first series, missed multiple assignments on defense, when the ball was ran outside of the tackles, multiple interceptions by their QB, and they gave up a kickoff return for a touchdown with under two minutes to go. I agree with not knowing exactly what the Bobcats are at this point, but their defense is much improved, and they are much more physical than years past. One of the advantages Perry Central has had over Breathitt during the past several years, is their overall physicality and especially with running the ball. I think Breathitt can match their physicality this year, and I think this could be the difference in the game, especially if Griffie doesn't play. Regardless, it's going to be a hard fought game, between two evenly matched teams.
I, in no way, was taking anything away from the Bobcats. They earned a hard fought victory over a quality team no matter the circumstances. Just from my seat it looked liked Hazard couldn’t even run their typical offense once the center got ejected. Breathitt has made huge strides and starting to look like the glory days again so to speak with their defensive play.
Glory Day teams at Breathitt could compete against todays Boyle County, Beechwood, and others. This years team isn’t on that level. Those teams would beat Hazard by as many as they wanted. Powell wouldn’t even played them. But Breathitt is getting better.
The Predator will be hunting for some trophies tomorrow night.
WYMT2 game of the week!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-09-2022, 11:41 AM)64SUR Wrote: WYMT2 game of the week!!
Is there a channel on dish network or is this just like a local channel?
(09-08-2022, 04:05 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Glory Day teams at Breathitt could compete against todays Boyle County, Beechwood, and others.  This years team isn’t on that level.  Those teams would beat Hazard by as many as they wanted.  Powell wouldn’t even played them.  But Breathitt is getting better.
I totally agree with this. But they are closer than they have been in the last 10 years. The good teams Breathitt has had during the Moore regime was due in large part to a tea having one tremendous stud think Ginny Collins. This year's team doesn't have that 1 stud but are a much deeper, more complete and more rounded team than those teams.

Still got a way to go to recapture those glory days teams but they are headed in the right direction.
BHS by as much as they want!!
(09-08-2022, 07:15 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: The Predator will be hunting for some trophies tomorrow night.
I agree that the Predator will be ready to go. He played well last game him putting in the work getting in the centers heads and yes plural. Hazard went through 3. I still beleive he should be used more on offense. I by no means am getting into that again! But man that D of Breathitts impressed me. I think it will be a test for the Predator tonight on D. But I've never seen him back down yet. I beleive with his strength and footwork. He will be hard to handle. I think that about Hudson also. He's strong just has to be more physical. But Hoskins Combs and Tincher won't back down. I am impressed with Slone. Hated to see him go! But he is a heck of a quayer back. They will have to keep him covered. Because he can pass the ball. Again a Perry County team. Not big on the Perry County teams as stated. So going with Breathitt as long as all their D plays hard and holds Perry. So win for Breathitt.