Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perry Central VS Breathitt County 9/09
What are your predictions?  

Perry Cental - 35
Breathitt - 21

Slone will have the Chuck Mumme offense working well this Friday.    To much speed for Breathitt to contend with and game is at Perry.   Think Griffie will be back.
Heard Griffie may be out for season, but not from anyone significant, just public talk, so hope it’s not true, and I think if Perry throws the ball, they can win this game, and obviously they have to stop Breathitt run game, Perry Janet shown the ability to stop the run so far. I’m gonna say

Perry 28
Breathitt 22
Going with the Bobcats

Breathitt County 35
Perry Central 28
(09-03-2022, 09:26 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: What are your predictions?  

Perry Cental - 35
Breathitt - 21

Slone will have the Chuck Mumme offense working well this Friday.    To much speed for Breathitt to contend with and game is at Perry.   Think Griffie will be back.
Your 0-1 on your predictions. Looks like 0-2 in your future. Landon smith is probably the best wr in the 14th and Breathitt db kept him contained. 
im going Breathitt 38 PCC 27
Breathitt won’t push Perry’s Oline around like they did Hazards. Won’t be a 5’5 center to throw around this Friday. Perry’s team is well conditioned and disciplined. Plus home field advantage. I’m still glad you beat Hazard Mtn Monster but you won’t win at Perry this Friday.
(09-03-2022, 10:50 PM)Mountain Monster Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 09:26 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: What are your predictions?  

Perry Cental - 35
Breathitt - 21

Your 0-1 on your predictions. Looks like 0-2 in your future. Landon smith is probably the best wr in the 14th and Breathitt db kept him contained. 
im going Breathitt 38 PCC 27
They didn’t contain smith, hazard just refused to throw him the football..  slone will throw all over Breathitt if Fugate calls for the pass
(09-04-2022, 12:01 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Breathitt won’t push Perry’s Oline around like they did Hazards.  Won’t be a 5’5 center to throw around this Friday.  Perry’s team is well conditioned and disciplined.  Plus home field advantage.    I’m still glad you beat Hazard Mtn Monster but you won’t win at Perry this Friday.

Man, tell me more about Perry Central...Sounding like this game is going to be a good one.. Smile
Hazard has a really good offense and found it hard to score on Breathitt. Perry won’t fare any better. Sometimes it hurt a team coming off a big win, but I believe for this young Bobcat team, it’s going to build their confidence as they realize their potential.
Bobcats: 30
Perry: 14
Breathitt coming off big win could be in for a let down.
From what little bit I've seen Perry looked good. I know Dixon will have his boys ready to go.
Any update on Griffie injury?
Should be a good game

I'll go Breathitt 26-20
(09-04-2022, 01:33 AM)Wolfeman Wrote: Hazard has a really good offense and found it hard to score on Breathitt. Perry won’t fare any better. Sometimes it hurt a team coming off a big win, but I believe for this young Bobcat team, it’s going to build their confidence as they realize their potential.
Zero chance and I mean zero chance Breathitt holds Perry to 14 points lol.  That’s just laughable
Perry beat Breathitt at Breathitt last year, Perry and Breathitt lost some valuable players from that team , but I think Perry reloaded better then Breathitt and it’s at Perry. Should be a great game, one thing for certain, that place will be packed out!! #commodores
I haven’t been able to watch pcc this year so I don’t know how good they are, but this young bobcats team will knock your d!($ straight. They have improved defensively drastically. If byant can limit turnovers and the bobcats overall have a clean game I think this will be a close game either way
(09-04-2022, 12:10 PM)Ole-glory Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 01:33 AM)Wolfeman Wrote: Hazard has a really good offense and found it hard to score on Breathitt. Perry won’t fare any better. Sometimes it hurt a team coming off a big win, but I believe for this young Bobcat team, it’s going to build their confidence as they realize their potential.
Zero chance and I mean zero chance Breathitt holds Perry to 14 points lol.  That’s just laughable
That’s what they said last week about hazard. Best of luck to both teams. I got my bobcats 28-21
(09-04-2022, 03:55 PM)Bobcatfan34 Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 12:10 PM)Ole-glory Wrote:
That’s what they said last week about hazard. Best of luck to both teams. I got my bobcats 28-21
Said what last week? They wouldn’t hold hazard to 14?
I know there is 3 phases to a football game but the defense actually held them to 14.. a kickoff for a touchdown and a fumble scoop score. That’s what I’m saying about a good clean game and they can hang with pcc and maybe beat them
(09-04-2022, 04:49 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: I know there is 3 phases to a football game but the defense actually held them to 14.. a kickoff for a touchdown and a fumble scoop score. That’s what I’m saying about a good clean game and they can hang with pcc and maybe beat them
They can definitely beat pcc. Gonna be a good game, but I’d be willing to bet money they don’t hold pcc to 14. That’s all I’m saying lol
I 100 percent agree with u old glory
PCC with the win... don't let the Hazard game be fools gold... odd things happen on the riverbank.... might not be so lucky this game!
Breathitt could have folded right off the bat against Hazard when, early in the first half, the bulldog scored off a fumble. But, the young Bobcat team kept their composure. Their D only allowed 14 points and I think Hazard has a better offense than the Commodores.
If Breathitt can keep their poise and handle the hostile atmosphere, they’ll easily win. If they get choked up, they could very well come home with their first loss of the season.
Breathitt has great young talent that some of you ain’t got the memo on yet. Enough so that, just like in the Hazard game, they can afford to make some mistakes and still win.
Bobcats by 2 touchdowns!
I agree with Breathitt's young talent. They have some freshmen a d sophomores that will be studs by end of the year.
Kory Combs has all state written all over him at LB
Up front they have 2 huge freshmen in Sawyer Hall and Waylon Abner that are playing well.
Jason Tolson looked great at FB in the wishbone just to mention a few.
Even with the loss of Jaylen Turner from last year I think these young guys as well as some other young guys contributing early on have more than made up any loss from last year which was minimal outside Jaylen Turner.
They have improved each week and will continue to get better and better.

Perry ran all over Breathitt last year but their defense is much improved especially with Hoskins at the nose. Perry will score they are too talented not to put up a few TDs but I do not see a repeat of last year.
last week I went with BCHS and I see no reason to stop this week. They appear to be pretty decent. Close game very close

lets say 27-24 ish.
(09-05-2022, 11:06 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I agree with Breathitt's young talent. They have some freshmen a d sophomores that will be studs by end of the year.
Kory Combs has all state written all over him at LB
Up front they have 2 huge freshmen in Sawyer Hall and Waylon Abner that are playing well.
Jason Tolson looked great at FB in the wishbone just to mention a few.
Even with the loss of Jaylen Turner from last year I think these young guys as well as some other young guys contributing early on have more than made up any loss from last year which was minimal outside Jaylen Turner.
They have improved each week and will continue to get better and better.

Perry ran all over Breathitt last year but their defense is much improved especially with Hoskins at the nose. Perry will score they are too talented not to put up a few TDs but I do not see a repeat of last year.
Perry will be trying to throw all over them this year.  Breathitt best be ready!
No doubt this will be a competitive game, but I think the difference maker will be the Bobcat defense. This unit actually fits the mode of a "vintage" Bobcat defense. Moving Hoskins to nose guard, was a very good move by the coaching staff. His size and quickness caught Hazard off guard and he made plays all night. Breathitt's linebackers flew to the ball and they were very physical. They played with a lot of energy and the rest of the unit fed off of their play. The secondary played solid, and having Sperry back in the fold really made a difference with his athleticism and physical play. This unit only gave up two touchdowns to a very talented Hazard offense. Hazard could not run between the tackles, and Breathitt made adjustments to contain the outside runs in the second half. If Bryant can manage the game, without turning the ball over, Breathitt should win this game. In a rivalry game, anything can happen, but I feel like Perry's defense has been suspect up until this point, and the team with the better defense will win this game. Breathitt wins in a close game, 28-21.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • wolfcat
Perry’s offensive line is bigger, stronger, faster than Hazards. A BIG difference. Although I do love Shorty Combs defense but Hazard was able to run around them all night when they weren’t fumbling snaps. Hoskins and Gibson will be a great matchup Friday. Gibson about 6’0-270/350 bench/500 squat won’t be pushed around by the bigger Hoskins. Perry will double down on him with the their close to 300 pound guards who are fast. Perry will control the clock and Fugate is really good with the screen pass. Perry by 2 TDS. Can’t wait till Friday. Should be WYMT game of the week.
Breathitt has looked more impressive so far this year.Perry gave up over 200 yards on the ground and struggled to beat a bad Floyd Central team. Breathitt bear a really good Hazard team in there last game. I'm going with the bobcats

Breathing co 35
Perry 20
Had to re-register with new name for some reason. (Slim one) Anyway, Perry beat Breathitt by one score last tear in one of those "who has the ball last".
I think Perry's ground game was better last year and Breathitt's defense is better this year. Should be a good game but both teams will put up some points.
Breathitt 42
Perry 34
Bobcats run all over pcc if Griffie don’t play. 40-26
(09-06-2022, 08:18 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Bobcats run all over pcc if Griffie don’t play. 40-26
That’s a possibility. But can Breathitt stop Perry?
I think Breathitt Co wins it.
(09-06-2022, 09:55 PM)Ole-glory Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 08:18 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Bobcats run all over pcc if Griffie don’t play. 40-26
That’s a possibility. But can Breathitt stop Perry?

Perry should score some points if they dont turn the ball over.