Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lawrence County (6-1) @ Belfry (2-5)
(10-11-2021, 04:31 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: People act like Belfry has never lost to Lawrence. This game used to be super competitive and Lawrence won several of those in the early 2000’s. I guess I would feel the same if my team had won since 2002. Don’t blame them there.

if Michael West was playing in this game I'd pick The Dawgs Smile
(10-12-2021, 01:03 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 04:31 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: People act like Belfry has never lost to Lawrence. This game used to be super competitive and Lawrence won several of those in the early 2000’s. I guess I would feel the same if my team had won since 2002. Don’t blame them there.

PJ for the win lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • pjdoug
Ill take Belfry. Home field advantage is at least 7 pts. I think on a neutral field Belfry is still a TD better. So ill go

Belfry 35
Lawrence21
Best of luck to both teams! Hoping for a clean, hard-nosed, exciting football game.
(10-12-2021, 07:57 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 01:03 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

PJ for the win lol

I don't think your Pirates are out of the hunt yet. lol
I don’t have a dog in this fight but as far as the kids that are playing now are concerned they have never known Belfry to lose to LC because the last time LC beat Belfry was when the parents of some of the players were in high school.
Anyone know if this game will be live stream if so please leave link…………..Thanks
Only a substantially superior team, can beat Belfry at home…take that as you will.
I too am hoping someone can provide a stream link.  Doesn't matter to me if it is radio or Billy Bob on his iPhone 5 streaming to Facebook.  Anything you know of, please share.
WDHR 93.1 in Pikeville will be doing live audio for this game.

You can also keep up with the game on https://www.facebook.com/LawrenceCountyAthletics
[-] The following 1 user Likes lcgrad2002's post:
  • pjdoug
Belfry 28
Dawgs 20
WDHR.com or 93.1 WDHR
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • pjdoug
Can someone from Belfry tell me why live streaming isn’t allowed? I figure with a program like Belfry, that all their games would be live streamed.
is Dixon still playing quarterback?
From what I saw he isn’t.
He looked like Barry Sanders or Bo Jackson running the ball at Running back.
(10-14-2021, 08:31 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Can someone from Belfry tell me why live streaming isn’t allowed? I figure with a program like Belfry, that all their games would be live streamed.
Johnson central don’t allow it either, I think when you’re consistently in the hunt for a title you don’t wanna just let your film be given out so easily at-least make them work for it.
Game Day!
From a Lawrence County fan perspective, is this the best LC team to come into CAM stadium? I would say yes just by looking at their schedule but I haven't actually seen them play. I know the team back a few years ago with the Dalton brothers was really good but they just happened to have to face Belfry during their 4 peat run.
Ive seen LC on film and live online vs Russell. The only team in the last 15 years thats close would be 2009, if im not mistaken when they went undefeated into a game with Bell Co in the region. LC was a definite top 5 twam that year under Luke Sammons. This LC team is more polished. LC is always physical and always runs the ball well, but they take care of the football better this year than they may have ever done and their QB is really good running this offense. This is a year LC can beat Belfry. That being said, Belfry seems to have made some changes and have a little better footing than in the first 5 weeks of the season. Dixon alone is a handful, but this is not your Momma's Belfry team, they are younger and more inexperienced than they have wver been under Haywood. This should be a really good game. Im going with LC in the "upset" by a score.
Go Big Red…time to make a statement!
I think Belfry has improved and will win this game. I saw a few posters question why they arent streaming the game and unfortunately it comes down to cold hard cash. SOME school administrators feel like streaming the game will take money away from the gate so they just dont do it. I personally feel like the folks that show up for the games are gonna show up whether you stream it or not. I feel bad for the grandparents out there that cannot go to the games because of illness or the threat of covid. I really think schools should stream these games.
From a Lawrence County perspective, I would say this is one of the better teams we have had in quite some time. The team we had in 2015 with the Dalton brothers was special but so was Belfry that year. This is one of the more fundamentally sound teams we have had and balanced on the offensive side of the ball. We have skill players that can make plays on both sides so it should be a dandy!
Belfy vs Lawrence or Pikeville vs Phelps?
I’m heading north on 119 for what I believe will be a good game. Lawrence does have good team but still think Pirates pull out the win and another District Championship
(10-15-2021, 05:04 PM)Truewords Wrote: Belfy vs Lawrence or Pikeville vs Phelps?
I’m heading north on 119 for what I believe will be a good game. Lawrence does have good team but still think Pirates pull out the win and another District Championship
Stop at Pikeville for 1st quarter and head to Belfry for the second half is your best bet.