Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County (6-1) @ Belfry (2-5)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let’s get this thread started. The Bulldogs come off a 42-6 running clock victory over Pike Central last night. The Bulldogs haven’t beat Belfry in 18 years, is this the year the streak stops? What’s your thoughts?
This will turn out to be a good game. Im going to pick the bulldogs in this 1 in a very close game.
Should be a dandy.
I think Lawrence wins this one, I truly do. I think their defense is fast and good enough to contain Dixon and their offense creates problems. It should be a dandy of game!
Lawrence isn’t any different than they have been in the past. Except for the fact that they take care of the ball better this year. They’ve never had the problem of running the football on teams. Just a problem with fumbling and turning it over. If they take care of the ball I think they beat Belfrey
Don't count out the real Big Red. Belfry 28-14.
Belfry 28
Lawrence County 14
Hello!!!

Belfry 42
Lawrence County 20
I think there is a whole lot of difference in this Lawrence county team than teams in the past. They can run the ball but they can throw it and catch it as well. They have athletes that can go get it and speed. To me, it’s the culture! The culture is completely different and these kids are different than they have had in the past.
LC-113 
Belfry- 4
Lawrence County has a real shot in this one as long as they don't lose to the name on the front of the jersey before they even kickoff the game.

When was the last time LC beat Belfry?
(10-10-2021, 01:28 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Lawrence isn’t any different than they have been in the past. Except for the fact that they take care of the ball better this year. They’ve never had the problem of running the football on teams. Just a problem with fumbling and turning it over. If they take care of the ball I think they beat Belfrey
Lawrence County is a completely different team than in the past. The difference is Blue Fletcher and Alex Strickland. These 2 kids are winners who refuse to lose and know how to lead. In the past Lawrence County didn’t have any leaders to hold their teammates accountable but with Blue and Alex they do this year. Which makes a huge difference. Ask any kid on the LC team and they’ll tell you they make sure everyone is ready to go.
Belfry 36 LC 21
(10-10-2021, 01:28 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: [ -> ]Lawrence isn’t any different than they have been in the past. Except for the fact that they take care of the ball better this year. They’ve never had the problem of running the football on teams. Just a problem with fumbling and turning it over. If they take care of the ball I think they beat Belfrey

Bulldogs by eleventy billion
Haha nice bit of sarcasm there, that’s appreciated! Good luck to both teams as they prepare for this week. I do notice the accountability from the leaders on this team and the entire culture of the program has changed. The last time Lawrence beat Belfry was in in 2002 and they won 30-6. It’s been a long time!
I'd like to say Belfry, but reality says Lawrence in a close one.

Lawrence Co. - 34
Belfry           -  28
Here is main point. If both teams played same schedules what would record be. Lawrence could not do any better with Belfrys schedule and Belfry would have same record as Lawrence if they played their schedule. It will come down to who has prepared better for this game. I believe Belfrys schedule has prepared them better IMO. I do not see blow out but I do see the Pirates coming out as winners in this one.
(10-10-2021, 04:03 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote: [ -> ]
Lawrence County is a completely different team than in the past. The difference is Blue Fletcher and Alex Strickland. These 2 kids are winners who refuse to lose and know how to lead. In the past Lawrence County didn’t have any leaders to hold their teammates accountable but with Blue and Alex they do this year. Which makes a huge difference. Ask any kid on the LC team and they’ll tell you they make sure everyone is ready to go.
It is not about two players who by the way are seniors; its about the coaching techniques and a TEAM not just two players, all the kids play as a unit! They all hold each other accountable?! Thats always been a big issue in years past….making it about one or two kids instead of a unit and united TEAM! Thats the difference in this LC team! From the O line getting their blocks, to several great running backs and receivers,  to a great quarterback, to a HELL of a Defense with several kids playing both sides of the ball. So please dont take away from every player on that team who are giving it a 100%, not just Fletcher and Strickland who play well, but there are many….Hall, Ferguson, Gillipsie, Whitt, Longstrength, Ball, Collinsworth and many others. This is a great team and the coaches are clicking as well.
(10-10-2021, 09:09 PM)TripleD Wrote: [ -> ]
It is not about two players who by the way are seniors; its about the coaching techniques and a TEAM not just two players, all the kids play as a unit! They all hold each other accountable?! Thats always been a big issue in years past….making it about one or two kids instead of a unit and united TEAM! Thats the difference in this LC team! From the O line getting their blocks, to several great running backs and receivers,  to a great quarterback, to a HELL of a Defense with several kids playing both sides of the ball. So please dont take away from every player on that team who are giving it a 100%, not just Fletcher and Strickland who play well, but there are many….Hall, Ferguson, Gillipsie, Whitt, Longstrength, Ball, Collinsworth and many others. This is a great team and the coaches are clicking as well.
No one said it was about 2 players. What was said is that those 2 players finally give Lawrence County some leaders to hold players accountable. If you don’t believe that those 2 hold the other players accountable just ask the other players. 

Lawrence County has a team full of great players. Their line has been great, Fergie is a man child, Dougie gives them that extra gear, Nick Collinsworth and Kayden Gillispie give them 2 receivers who can bring anyone as catch anything. Their defense has been unreal. Without all those guys this team isn’t where they are right now. But without Fletcher and Strickland being the leaders on and off the field that they are this team isn’t where they are either.
Blue and Alex are great players, but if you’re gonna give credit to someone then give it where it’s due. How about Dylan Ferguson?!! The kid is an absolute stud! Playing both offense and defense, all over the field. With the right coaching he could go D1.
Lawrence co. Running clock
Until Lawrence Co. beats someone with a pulse, they're still the same Lawrence Co.

Belfry 35
LC 14
(10-10-2021, 09:37 PM)LCgrad2 Wrote: [ -> ]
Blue and Alex are great players, but if you’re gonna give credit to someone then give it where it’s due. How about Dylan Ferguson?!! The kid is an absolute stud! Playing both offense and defense, all over the field. With the right coaching he could go D1.
You guys are 100% not understanding the post. No one ever said one kid was better than the other. All that was said was that Alex and Blue are the leaders that keep the other players focused and ready to play. No one said they were better or worse players. Go to the locker room one day, the players and coaches both will tell you the same thing. 

If you read my comments you’d see where I gave Fergie credit. But if your looking for the best football players on Lawrence County’s team it would be Alex, Fergie, and Dylan Whitt at the top with Blue, Cayden Ball, Kayden Gillispie, Trace Longstreth, Tyler Browen, Nick Collinsworth, and Dougie Hall right behind them. Point being Lawrence County is a team loaded with talent and this year they finally have leaders that others look up to and listen. 

As far as the Belfry game I think Lawrence County wins 35-21.
I don't think records matter in this one. I'll take the Pirates at Pond Creek as long as Dixon is healthy

Belfry 28
LC 21
Belfry 28-21
I'll be cheering for Lawrence County but they aren't getting out of Belfry with a win. There's pulling out all the stop and there's what will happen to Lawrence County this week.
belfry isnt gonna lose to lawrence county come on people
I am going with Belfry in this one but I look for this to be the best game in the area this weekend
People act like Belfry has never lost to Lawrence. This game used to be super competitive and Lawrence won several of those in the early 2000’s. I guess I would feel the same if my team had won since 2002. Don’t blame them there.
(10-10-2021, 08:09 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]Here is main point. If both teams played same schedules what would record be. Lawrence could not do any better with Belfrys  schedule and Belfry would have same record as Lawrence if they played their schedule. It will come down to who has prepared better for this game. I believe Belfrys schedule has prepared them better IMO. I do not see blow out but I do see the Pirates coming out as winners in this one.
FACTS

I think it'll be a good game, but Belfry is still good and proves it Friday night.

Pirates win, 28-14.
Pages: 1 2