Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 AP All-State Team
Westside Wrote:Here it is:

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Beau Allen, Lexington Catholic

Running Backs: Jeriah Hightower, Madisonville-North Hopkins; Braedon Sloan, Wayne County

Wide Receivers: Reese Smith, Boyle County; Michael Mayer, Covington Catholic; Kade Neely, Mayfield

Offensive Linemen: Owen LeMaster, Johnson Central; Walker Parks, Frederick Douglass; William Long II, Breathitt County; Jager Burton, Frederick Douglass; John Young, Louisville Christian Academy

Kicker: Jackson Smith, Boyle County

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

Defensive Linemen: Demetri Scott, Louisville DeSales; Octavious Oxendine, North Hardin; Tyler Roberson, Louisville Trinity; Wilson Kelly, Boyle County

Linebackers: Jax Rogers, Mayfield; Michael Mayer, Covington Catholic; Brycen Huddleston, Highlands; Cody Goatley, Graves County; Tristan Cox, Pulaski County

Defensive Backs: Daisjaun Mercer, Hopkinsville; Eli Blakey, Louisville DuPont Manual; Jordan Lovett, North Hardin; Devin Neal, Frederick Douglass

Punter: Grayson Cook, Belfry

SECOND TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterbacks: Drew Hartz, Owensboro Catholic; Kaiya Sheron, Somerset

Running Backs: Charles Collins, Breathitt County; Kylan Galbreath, Mayfield

Wide Receivers: Kade Grundy, Somerset; Izayah Cummings, Louisville Male; Franklin Hayes, McCracken County; Reece Jesse, Hopkinsville; Jake Sloan, Pulaski County; DeAirious Smith, Lexington Christian

Offensive Linemen: Ethan Wolford, Belfry; Chris Malala, Louisville Male; Dane Jackson, Madison Southern; Blake Moody, Madisonville-North Hopkins; Parker Bates, Apollo.

Kicker: Jeffrey Sexton, Louisville St. Xavier.

SECOND TEAM DEFENSE

Defensive Linemen: Darion Dearinger, Anderson County; Ben Simmons, Somerset; Brady Holleran, Franklin County; Romarion Warner, Frederick Douglass; Sebastian Lawrence, Murray

Linebackers: Cade Bleidt, Trigg County; Joe Kuerzi, Louisville Male; Austin Gough, Owensboro; Charlie Ely, Louisville Trinity; Jack Dingle, Louisville Trinity

Defensive Backs: Josh Minkins, Louisville Ballard; Tony Parrott, Mayfield; Travis Brauer, Walton-Verona; Daterian Brigance, South Laurel

___

Mr. Football: Michael Mayer, Covington Catholic

Coaches of the Year: Joe Morris, Mayfield; Chris Wolfe, Louisville Male

___

HONORABLE MENTION

Brandon Slaughter, Breathitt County, DB; Caleb Rose, West Carter, DB; Emery Woods, Bracken County, DB; Jayce Hacker, North Laurel, DB; Kaleal Davis, Newport, DB; Kaleb Flanery, Fleming County, DB; Spencer Gilbert, Lynn Camp, DB; Tyler Stice, Mason County, DB; Aiden Moore, Louisville Central, DL; Caden Hogg, Breathitt County, DL; Cidney Mills, Louisville Fern Creek, DL; Colton Bargo, Whitley County, DL; Ethan Wine, Corbin, DL; Luke Clark, South Oldham, DL; Vuk Sajlovic, Simon Kenton, DL; William Long, II, Breathitt County, DL; Zach Saylor, Whitley County, DL; Lane Weddle, Breathitt County, K; Ben Hollis, Whitley County, LB; Chris Howard, Williamsburg, LB; Dawson Fore, Corbin, LB; Dylan Osgood, Mason County, LB; Grayson Cook, Belfry, LB; Hale Bohler, Louisville St. Xavier, LB; Jase Bruner, Somerset, LB; Justice Thompson, Louisville Ballard, LB; Kobe Skortz, Owensboro, LB; Austin Taylor, Scott County, OL; Blake Gossett, Louisville Male, OL; Jon Nalley, Daviess County, OL; Kyron Humphrey, Fleming County, OL; Lucas Jones, Covington Catholic, OL; Micah Lee, Louisville Fern Creek, OL; Noah Miracle, Williamsburg, OL; Noah Orr, Corbin, OL; Phil Cox, Louisville Ballard, OL; Caleb Jacob, Covington Catholic, QB; Dalton Ponder, Williamsburg, QB; Elijah Wheat, McCracken County, QB; Jayden Stinson, Mayfield, QB; Luke Duby, Lexington Tates Creek, QB; Austin Barnes, Southwestern, RB; Azariah Israel, George Rogers Clark, RB; Clint McKee, Graves County, RB; Harold Hogg, Apollo, RB; Hunter Bradley, McCracken County, RB; Isaac Dixon, Belfry, RB; JaWaun Northington, Louisville DuPont Manual, RB; Jayden Farmer, Louisville Ballard, RB; Jayden Freeman, Paducah Tilghman, RB; Jordan Ramey, South Laurel, RB; Lavell Wright, North Hardin, RB; Quincy Perrin, Scott, RB; Alonzo Daniel, Mayfield, WR; Caleb Rose, Williamsburg, WR; Gavon Thomas, Williamsburg, WR; George Gavin, Central Hardin, WR; Jordan Watkins, Louisville Butler, WR; Miles Thomas, Lexington Tates Creek, WR; Race Richards, Graves County, WR.; Jamie Reed, South Oldham.

Coaches: Jerry Herron, Williamsburg; Darell Keith, Todd County Central; Kyle Moore, Breathitt County.

https://apnews.com/88f57cae8b1966a3da779...9OvEhNSzTo

I checked and West Carter doesn’t have a Caleb Rose…
WestCarterComet Wrote:I checked and West Carter doesn’t have a Caleb Rose…

He played for Williamsburg.
I say this knowing that these things are never perfect: If this is the best these people can do, then it is time to stop putting together an AP All-State team. It’s embarrassing and the people with votes clearly do not take their responsibility seriously.
I’d go out on a limb and say some of the voters never watched a Pikeville, Paintsville, Belfry or Johnson Central game. They just probably pick with who others castes their votes for and go with it. It’s not doing their due diligence to the kids.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Patriot1 Wrote:He played for Williamsburg.

So he was honorable mention as a WR and DB?
Spud6 Wrote:I’d go out on a limb and say some of the voters never watched a Pikeville, Paintsville, Belfry or Johnson Central game. They just probably pick with who others castes their votes for and go with it. It’s not doing their due diligence to the kids.

I'd agree with you Spud if I didnt know better. The AP voter that everyone is referring to got his business started by covering kids from Belfry, Pikeville, and Johnson Central. And a few other Eastern Kentucky teams. And that was before his move to the east. So they knew. I just can't for the life if me figure out "the why". Maybe they really do think the kids not selected really aren't good enough. I just dont know. But trust me my friend, they all knew what was here.
Hopefully a Somerset fan will correct me here and I really did just not pay much attention, but I don't think that will be the case. Ben Simmons, great player, huge for us at OG this year, has already committed to continue his football career at Morehead State. Not taking anything away from him at all.

Anyways, he got 2nd Team DT. I honestly can't recall him playing a single defensive snap, and the numbers reported to the KHSAA this year show him with zero defensive stats.
WestCarterComet Wrote:So he was honorable mention as a WR and DB?

He was so good he played for West Carter and Williamsburg.
Spud6 Wrote:I’d go out on a limb and say some of the voters never watched a Pikeville, Paintsville, Belfry or Johnson Central game. They just probably pick with who others castes their votes for and go with it. It’s not doing their due diligence to the kids.

Good buddy, that’s not a limb you’re going out on. It’s such a strong good guess, it’s a freaking tree trunk. Lazy, Hal-hearted and ham-handed attempt at justifying the money spent getting the right to cast a vote. The number of Breathitt teammates on there tells you plainly exactly who’s footing the reimbursement tab for daddy. Gotta pay off that disbarment fine somehow.
RoShamBo Wrote:Hopefully a Somerset fan will correct me here and I really did just not pay much attention, but I don't think that will be the case. Ben Simmons, great player, huge for us at OG this year, has already committed to continue his football career at Morehead State. Not taking anything away from him at all.

Anyways, he got 2nd Team DT. I honestly can't recall him playing a single defensive snap, and the numbers reported to the KHSAA this year show him with zero defensive stats.

Just further proves everyone’s point coming from a literal Somerset fan. Kids work too hard for these lists to be made without any time and consideration put worth. And they may have put forth effort but this list says otherwise. This has be said many times by some posters on here. But Jackson Hensley who was committed to Harvard all season long didn’t make the list on a 15-0 team that won their games convincingly with him being the best player on the field no matter who they played or what he was doing from returning punts or catching passes. It’s a downright shame not to have him on there. He’s first team athlete or wideout no matter how you look at it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
PHSForever Wrote:He was so good he played for West Carter and Williamsburg.

Wow! They've screwed this up so bad that they have the same player making their team at two different positions for two different teams. Unbelievable!
WestCarterComet Wrote:So he was honorable mention as a WR and DB?

Well he actually played both for Williamsburg and really acted look at least on the field like a really good young man. Played hard and with good sportsmanship at least the games against Pikeville which is the ones I saw him play in
RoShamBo Wrote:Hopefully a Somerset fan will correct me here and I really did just not pay much attention, but I don't think that will be the case. Ben Simmons, great player, huge for us at OG this year, has already committed to continue his football career at Morehead State. Not taking anything away from him at all.

Was told by a coach yesterday that inquired on this. It was a typo on position. He received it for OL not DL. Was also showed two others that had wrong typos. Ben Simmons was one of the best 2A lineman in 2A, and was very rewarding of this pick, and according to one of the assistant coaches it would make him the first OL at Somerset to ever be honored higher then honorable mention. With that being said if it was for DL it would of been a huge question mark, but that was resolved. Further more I get it that some kids didn't get picked that some on here think they should of, but why try to tear down the ones that did that also were deserving? At that the 4 Somerset players were all deserving of they're spots. Brunner should of been higher. All 4 D1 signed, and/or committed, multiple award winners.
foozeball80 Wrote:Was told by a coach yesterday that inquired on this. It was a typo on position. He received it for OL not DL. Was also showed two others that had wrong typos. Ben Simmons was one of the best 2A lineman in 2A, and was very rewarding of this pick, and according to one of the assistant coaches it would make him the first OL at Somerset to ever be honored higher then honorable mention. With that being said if it was for DL it would of been a huge question mark, but that was resolved. Further more I get it that some kids didn't get picked that some on here think they should of, but why try to tear down the ones that did that also were deserving? At that the 4 Somerset players were all deserving of they're spots. Brunner should of been higher. All 4 D1 signed, and/or committed, multiple award winners.

The issue isn't necessarily with who was picked, it was how they were picked. And I don't think I've seen anyone say that any of the Somerset players didn't deserve their spots.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Wow! They've screwed this up so bad that they have the same player making their team at two different positions for two different teams. Unbelievable!
They would screw up a one car funeral, bud.
RoShamBo Wrote:The issue isn't necessarily with who was picked, it was how they were picked. And I don't think I've seen anyone say that any of the Somerset players didn't deserve their spots.
I agree they weren't, but I for one was threw off by it as well, and just giving info I had on your question. It was just the way some post were put. A lot of great talent was missed, but so was there in other papers. If you can get this many on one ranking, and other papers, and so many not picked it shows how strong Kentucky football is. I don't know the man that's been talked about so I won't speak on someone I don't know, but congratulations to all that were picked, and the ones that weren't, and even though people have issues with him shouldn't reflect on his kid. I do agree with some of the post on some of voting, but it is what it is.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Wow! They've screwed this up so bad that they have the same player making their team at two different positions for two different teams. Unbelievable!

Caleb Rose of Williamsburg had 4 interceptions for 122 yards and 1 touchdown. Plus two fumble recoveries and 17 total tackles.

Gage Leadingham of West Carter had 6 interceptions for 146 yards and 3 touchdowns with 34 total tackles.

I got both of these stats from KHSAA so I’m assuming they are both correct. Not sure how Leadingham wasn’t honorable mention, especially behind a kid who he was much better than statistically. I believe Gage is a junior so maybe he won’t be screwed out of it next year...
smoke1015 Wrote:Looks good. I thought the Somerset coach should've got something. He lost his stud running back and still won state. I thought Haywood could be as well, and most definitely the Johnson Central coach. But it's hard to choose with these things. I just don't know why you go with Mayfield, who, lost...

Haywood has been Coach of the year 5 times. 2 of which where non Championship years. God forbid Joe Morris actually gets the respect he deserves, and gets coach of the year for the first time. He has only won 6 State titles, and 6x runner up, and made it to the Semifinals or farther 18 times in 21 seasons what has he done. If anything it looks long overdue to me.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Haywood has been Coach of the year 5 times. 2 of which where non Championship years. God forbid Joe Morris actually gets the respect he deserves, and gets coach of the year for the first time. He has only won 6 State titles, and 6x runner up, and made it to the Semifinals or farther 18 times in 21 seasons what has he done. If anything it looks long overdue to me.

I agree 100% that Morris should’ve been coach of the year. I just don’t think it should’ve been this year. It should’ve happened years ago in some of his championship seasons. IMO Matney was much more deserving this season.
I don't agree with the AP All-State Team, but I don't agree with any of the other two I have seen, either. Although I don't agree with the other two I have seen, this one is by far the worst. Breathitt had a good year, but it's hard to image any school in the state having five all-state players on a team, without winning a state championship. I don't understand how Johnson Central just had one player on this team and Pikeville having zero. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.