Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2019 AP All-State Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here it is:

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Beau Allen, Lexington Catholic

Running Backs: Jeriah Hightower, Madisonville-North Hopkins; Braedon Sloan, Wayne County

Wide Receivers: Reese Smith, Boyle County; Michael Mayer, Covington Catholic; Kade Neely, Mayfield

Offensive Linemen: Owen LeMaster, Johnson Central; Walker Parks, Frederick Douglass; William Long II, Breathitt County; Jager Burton, Frederick Douglass; John Young, Louisville Christian Academy

Kicker: Jackson Smith, Boyle County

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

Defensive Linemen: Demetri Scott, Louisville DeSales; Octavious Oxendine, North Hardin; Tyler Roberson, Louisville Trinity; Wilson Kelly, Boyle County

Linebackers: Jax Rogers, Mayfield; Michael Mayer, Covington Catholic; Brycen Huddleston, Highlands; Cody Goatley, Graves County; Tristan Cox, Pulaski County

Defensive Backs: Daisjaun Mercer, Hopkinsville; Eli Blakey, Louisville DuPont Manual; Jordan Lovett, North Hardin; Devin Neal, Frederick Douglass

Punter: Grayson Cook, Belfry

SECOND TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterbacks: Drew Hartz, Owensboro Catholic; Kaiya Sheron, Somerset

Running Backs: Charles Collins, Breathitt County; Kylan Galbreath, Mayfield

Wide Receivers: Kade Grundy, Somerset; Izayah Cummings, Louisville Male; Franklin Hayes, McCracken County; Reece Jesse, Hopkinsville; Jake Sloan, Pulaski County; DeAirious Smith, Lexington Christian

Offensive Linemen: Ethan Wolford, Belfry; Chris Malala, Louisville Male; Dane Jackson, Madison Southern; Blake Moody, Madisonville-North Hopkins; Parker Bates, Apollo.

Kicker: Jeffrey Sexton, Louisville St. Xavier.

SECOND TEAM DEFENSE

Defensive Linemen: Darion Dearinger, Anderson County; Ben Simmons, Somerset; Brady Holleran, Franklin County; Romarion Warner, Frederick Douglass; Sebastian Lawrence, Murray

Linebackers: Cade Bleidt, Trigg County; Joe Kuerzi, Louisville Male; Austin Gough, Owensboro; Charlie Ely, Louisville Trinity; Jack Dingle, Louisville Trinity

Defensive Backs: Josh Minkins, Louisville Ballard; Tony Parrott, Mayfield; Travis Brauer, Walton-Verona; Daterian Brigance, South Laurel

___

Mr. Football: Michael Mayer, Covington Catholic

Coaches of the Year: Joe Morris, Mayfield; Chris Wolfe, Louisville Male

___

HONORABLE MENTION

Brandon Slaughter, Breathitt County, DB; Caleb Rose, West Carter, DB; Emery Woods, Bracken County, DB; Jayce Hacker, North Laurel, DB; Kaleal Davis, Newport, DB; Kaleb Flanery, Fleming County, DB; Spencer Gilbert, Lynn Camp, DB; Tyler Stice, Mason County, DB; Aiden Moore, Louisville Central, DL; Caden Hogg, Breathitt County, DL; Cidney Mills, Louisville Fern Creek, DL; Colton Bargo, Whitley County, DL; Ethan Wine, Corbin, DL; Luke Clark, South Oldham, DL; Vuk Sajlovic, Simon Kenton, DL; William Long, II, Breathitt County, DL; Zach Saylor, Whitley County, DL; Lane Weddle, Breathitt County, K; Ben Hollis, Whitley County, LB; Chris Howard, Williamsburg, LB; Dawson Fore, Corbin, LB; Dylan Osgood, Mason County, LB; Grayson Cook, Belfry, LB; Hale Bohler, Louisville St. Xavier, LB; Jase Bruner, Somerset, LB; Justice Thompson, Louisville Ballard, LB; Kobe Skortz, Owensboro, LB; Austin Taylor, Scott County, OL; Blake Gossett, Louisville Male, OL; Jon Nalley, Daviess County, OL; Kyron Humphrey, Fleming County, OL; Lucas Jones, Covington Catholic, OL; Micah Lee, Louisville Fern Creek, OL; Noah Miracle, Williamsburg, OL; Noah Orr, Corbin, OL; Phil Cox, Louisville Ballard, OL; Caleb Jacob, Covington Catholic, QB; Dalton Ponder, Williamsburg, QB; Elijah Wheat, McCracken County, QB; Jayden Stinson, Mayfield, QB; Luke Duby, Lexington Tates Creek, QB; Austin Barnes, Southwestern, RB; Azariah Israel, George Rogers Clark, RB; Clint McKee, Graves County, RB; Harold Hogg, Apollo, RB; Hunter Bradley, McCracken County, RB; Isaac Dixon, Belfry, RB; JaWaun Northington, Louisville DuPont Manual, RB; Jayden Farmer, Louisville Ballard, RB; Jayden Freeman, Paducah Tilghman, RB; Jordan Ramey, South Laurel, RB; Lavell Wright, North Hardin, RB; Quincy Perrin, Scott, RB; Alonzo Daniel, Mayfield, WR; Caleb Rose, Williamsburg, WR; Gavon Thomas, Williamsburg, WR; George Gavin, Central Hardin, WR; Jordan Watkins, Louisville Butler, WR; Miles Thomas, Lexington Tates Creek, WR; Race Richards, Graves County, WR.; Jamie Reed, South Oldham.

Coaches: Jerry Herron, Williamsburg; Darell Keith, Todd County Central; Kyle Moore, Breathitt County.

https://apnews.com/88f57cae8b1966a3da779...9OvEhNSzTo
Looks good. I thought the Somerset coach should've got something. He lost his stud running back and still won state. I thought Haywood could be as well, and most definitely the Johnson Central coach. But it's hard to choose with these things. I just don't know why you go with Mayfield, who, lost...
smoke1015 Wrote:Looks good. I thought the Somerset coach should've got something. He lost his stud running back and still won state. I thought Haywood could be as well, and most definitely the Johnson Central coach. But it's hard to choose with these things. I just don't know why you go with Mayfield, who, lost...

I agree. That surprised me as well.
Are you all kidding? First of all congrats to the kids that made it. But what kind of list has NO Pikeville....NO Paintsville....NO Bell....NO Ashland....NO Reed Lanter....ONE from JC!!!....I mean how in the world do they allow this?...No offense to Breathitt and Williamsburg, but????....5-6 players each ? You’ve got to be kidding me....This HOGWASH needs investigate!!
Congrats to all the kids that made it but this is a prime example of why so many Kentucky kids fail to make it to the next level, nepotism and daddy ball keeps some of the most talented kids out of the spotlight so others can progress...Every year a D1 kid is left off all these list while some of the ones that make it don’t even make an naia roster tis the story of Kentucky high school football...Btw any Bell Co fan that reads this forum will tell you I’m no Dudley Hilton fan at all but how he doesn’t get mentioned is hilarious in a 3 year time frame he took Bell Co from losing in the first round of the playoffs to Commonwealth Stadium, I don’t like him at all but the old man can coach he deserved to be acknowledged somehow...
bucslover68 Wrote:Are you all kidding? First of all congrats to the kids that made it. But what kind of list has NO Pikeville....NO Paintsville....NO Bell....NO Ashland....NO Reed Lanter....ONE from JC!!!....I mean how in the world do they allow this?...No offense to Breathitt and Williamsburg, but????....5-6 players each ? You’ve got to be kidding me....This HOGWASH needs investigate!!

There's a reason there's 5-6 from Breathitt Co. on here. Read between the lines and you'll figure it out.
All you have to do is go look at the AP voters and then you will see why the AP teams are the way they are. Some of the AP voters are great and do their best and some basically sell their votes.
london couldn't even get a hm .. lol neither could lanter .. makes sense ..
Congrats to those who made it.

BUT...............WOW
The voters from Laurel, Knox, and Whitley Counties managed to get 15 kids on the list. I’m not saying they weren’t deserving, but when you have zero players from Paintsville, Pikeville, Bell County, and one from Johnson Central it just doesn’t make sense.
Looks like we finally have something that can unite all of BGP!
Thanks AP!Confusednicker:
:dontthink
jetpilot Wrote:Looks like we finally have something that can unite all of BGP!
Thanks AP!

:dontthink
If this is the actual AP Team and not some early April Fool's joke the majority of the voting members need removed from the process and replaced with trained monkeys. Several of the players listed are absolutely deserving of this honor but the overall list makes such a mockery of the process that it disrespects those legitimate players.
I'm as big a breathitt fan as u can b but some of those kids do not deserve to be listed. Don't want to single anyone out but I'm sure you guys know the main one I'm speaking of
wolfcat Wrote:I'm as big a breathitt fan as u can b but some of those kids do not deserve to be listed. Don't want to single anyone out but I'm sure you guys know the main one I'm speaking of

I think it's safe to say most know
#55PirateFan Wrote:I think it's safe to say most know

It's plain as day. He does the same thing on this site with his multiple User Names posing as fans from all different bases.
I think the BGR list was 10x better than this.
jetpilot Wrote:Looks like we finally have something that can unite all of BGP!
Thanks AP!Confusednicker:

No, there’s some that think this list was just fine and dandy. Lol. We know who they are.
I don’t see a lot wrong with it. I didn’t agree with this sites poll completely and I don’t agree with the AP but I don’t e any huge errors. I know the one guys son is there but he is a top player and deserving of somewhere on this list. The only player I believe is better didn’t even make it so I’m not sure what the complaint is. I’m starting to see there are a lot of daddy’s on this site not happy with where Junior is ranked. News flash, maybe your son isn’t as good as you think.
BoyleCo Wrote:I don’t see a lot wrong with it. I didn’t agree with this sites poll completely and I don’t agree with the AP but I don’t e any huge errors. I know the one guys son is there but he is a top player and deserving of somewhere on this list. The only player I believe is better didn’t even make it so I’m not sure what the complaint is. I’m starting to see there are a lot of daddy’s on this site not happy with where Junior is ranked. News flash, maybe your son isn’t as good as you think.

1) I don’t have a son playing any more, my son was NOT recognized last year and I never said a word and still won’t, although he did certainly more than hold his own against Williamsburg. And Raceland, and Beechwood.... but hey...

2) You can’t possibly, with a straight face, say for example that Jackson Hensley or Jalyn Allen or Seth Pugh or Clay Tinsley don’t deserve to be at least recognized (key word) when 5 players from a team that LOST to a team that got beat 43-0 in the championship are recognized, and not a single one from the championship or runner up team is listed. Or how about Boyle County who lost to Johnson Central, having more players listed than Johnson Central? Not even arguing Boyle’s players, but c’mon man. Get that weak “your son may not be as good as you think” hogwash tf out of here.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, be patient. I’m practicing counting to 100.
Who votes on this? Isn't it reporters from around the state?
#55PirateFan Wrote:I think it's safe to say most know

Long shot for me if I was guessing. I'm out of the loop and don't know everyone.
Westside Wrote:Who votes on this? Isn't it reporters from around the state?

It used to be a lot more. There were 20-plus daily papers in the state a few years back, but there are fewer now and some aren't part of the AP anymore. So, you have huge areas of the state that probably have no voters.
There were several kids left off the coaches poll also. Like I said, I have issues with both polls. As far as JC not having as many as Boyle, hear me out. Boyle had better players in several positions period. JC had the better overall team this year. I concede that. Their line overall was far superior. No individual defensive lineman was better than Kelley. That’s just one example. Just because a team is better doesn’t mean they don’t have better players at several positions. JC was talented in every spot. We had holes. That doesn’t matter unless you play a team with no holes. I am just saying all the kids on the coaches poll I agreed with except for a few. All the kids on the AP I agree with except for a few. Not sure why there is so much disenchantment with one over the other. Maybe there aren’t parents on here. Maybe just super fans of their team or region. I try to be objective. I like both polls.
One daddy is super happy where his son is ranked. I'm sure he feels good about achieving this for HIS KID but he stole spots from kids who actually deserved it.
PHSForever Wrote:1) I don’t have a son playing any more, my son was NOT recognized last year and I never said a word and still won’t, although he did certainly more than hold his own against Williamsburg. And Raceland, and Beechwood.... but hey...

2) You can’t possibly, with a straight face, say for example that Jackson Hensley or Jalyn Allen or Seth Pugh or Clay Tinsley don’t deserve to be at least recognized (key word) when 5 players from a team that LOST to a team that got beat 43-0 in the championship are recognized, and not a single one from the championship or runner up team is listed. Or how about Boyle County who lost to Johnson Central, having more players listed than Johnson Central? Not even arguing Boyle’s players, but c’mon man. Get that weak “your son may not be as good as you think” hogwash tf out of here.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, be patient. I’m practicing counting to 100.

agreed. It's definitely a flawed system. congrats to all the kids recognized. congrats to all the championship teams and runner up teams that had kids that should have received some recognition for their efforts, hard work and success on the field. regardless who the AP, Coaches Poll, BRG, etc, etc decides to recognize or not.....all of you are to be congratulated. for the Paintsville and Bell Co kids....you'll always have the memories and great stories of what you and your teammates accomplished. for Johnson Central, Pikeville and Belfry.....you guys have what most if not all of the "voters' in the aforementioned polls DON'T HAVE...….CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS. Once again, congratulations to everyone....
Can I have an AP Credential?

I think Spud6 deserves one if we are actually being somewhat serious.. he puts out a podcast and in that podcast alone I have learned he knows more about High School Football than half of the AP Voters. I know I would value his opinion on HS Football on the whole over the guy who got his son on both First Teams.
Yes, you just have to pay for it. And it is expensive.
Johnson Central Linebacker Hunter McCloud snubbed on yet another. Not sure what more a LB can do on a 4A State Champion team.
Here's a breakdown of how many players from the 6 State Champions that made the AP Team:

1A Pikeville - 0
2A Somerset - 4
3A Belfry - 3
4A Johnson Central - 1
5A Cov.Cath. - 3
6A Trinity - 3

*2A Breathitt Co. - 5
(Most of any team besides Mayfield and never made it to Lexington)

*1A Williamsburg - 5
(Tied with Breathitt Co. with second most players. 5 more players than the 1A State Champs had; WTF!)

How can anyone tell me, with a straight face, that Breathitt Co. and Williamsburg had more All State players than the six State Champions had? Unreal!
Pages: 1 2