Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 57 Corbin 50
Lamont Sanford Wrote:I am a bit shocked at the way the game went, after all the preseason hype bestowed on the cards, I expected them to dominate no matter where this game is played. Don't give me that officiating crap either, the upper echelon Coaches in the 13th are getting exactly what they want in officials, never doubt that.

Don't give you that officiating crap? I assume you wasn't at the game, your a big Corbin fan, really that stupid, or an official.
Superfly Wrote:South just played awful tonight. If Ramey doesn't quit disappearing during the game sometimes he is not going to be one of the best players in the region this year. We watched him dominate A Taylor last year and Corbin. He needs the 110% every game and show how he is capable of playing every game. Also, the refereeing across the state has absolutely went to crap. The state or whoeve needs to pay better so some of these better refs can ref full time. Make it a full time job with classes during the day and evaluations after every game. Some of these refs are going to get people hurt and cause a fan or whole crowd to rush the court and beat their butts. Ridiculous

Coming from Clay counties finest. Lol.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Coming from Clay counties finest. Lol.

He ain’t lying tho..
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Was Ralph Woods the older ref? I’m not sure which year this would have been. It looks like South won by two over Corbin in the 07 regional title game. Before that, they were never really close. In 05 they never played as South was still in the 12th.

I did think the game was slipping out of control at a couple of points. Corbin was getting the hometown discount by the refs and It appeared that frustration could have resulted in some hard fouling

That was the game where South had 6 men on the floor on Corbin's last possession and Corbin down 2. Almost everyone in the gym knew it, well, except for the officials apparently. Wright got more friendly calls from the officials than any coach ever in the 13th, with the probable exception of Bobby Keith.:flush:
The Outsider Wrote:That was the game where South had 6 men on the floor on Corbin's last possession and Corbin down 2. Almost everyone in the gym knew it, well, except for the officials apparently. Wright got more friendly calls from the officials than any coach ever in the 13th, with the probable exception of Bobby Keith.:flush:

Eleven years later, lol. Corbin has made up for that and much more in the past decade. But, carry on.
Pussell Gut Wrote:Some of the SL kids played a little soft IMO

Madden and Clay Weaver were tough and would scrap. The younger kids did look soft and tentative.
The Outsider Wrote:That was the game where South had 6 men on the floor on Corbin's last possession and Corbin down 2. Almost everyone in the gym knew it, well, except for the officials apparently. Wright got more friendly calls from the officials than any coach ever in the 13th, with the probable exception of Bobby Keith.:flush:

No. not the game I'm talking about. This game you are referring to was actually a post season tourney game and South did have 6 guys on the floor. Fortunately Jordan Hammonds quickly saw the error and he was right beside the bench so he just set down. Pretty sure it was the region finals.

But of course we could mention the big break Corbin received in the semis of the same region tourney against Knox Central and the shot from the deep corner to tie the game and send it into OT. Which Corbin went on to win to face South in the finals. The game tying shot was well after the horn and just about every fan in attendance even acknowledged the fact.............We can go on and on and on over these calls and while South just came into the 13th region in 2006 and Wright probably benefited from some calls during those years, I think its pretty common knowledge that Keith and Clay ruled the region and the breaks for many many years
Leonards_loser Wrote:No. not the game I'm talking about. This game you are referring to was actually a post season tourney game and South did have 6 guys on the floor. Fortunately Jordan Hammonds quickly saw the error and he was right beside the bench so he just set down. Pretty sure it was the region finals.

It was the 07 final. South had kept a 10 point lead at times but Corbin stormed back. I wasn’t there, nor seen tape. I have heard the same story that Hammonds was on his way off but was on the court while the ball was in play.
Refs have been crooked for years. They was when I played. They would even tell u back then.
ky playmaker Wrote:Refs have been crooked for years. They was when I played. They would even tell u back then.

I didn’t live here when Bobby Keith was stomping the sidelines over in Clay Co. But man I’ve heard some stories about how he worked the refs
Any Corbin fans waving Confederate Flags during the game?
Gonna be competive region like always. I said this game be a barn burner and not many believed me. If corbin is allowed to play physical it’s to their advantage. If south don’t play well there are 6-7 teams that can beat them. Like every year
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Any Corbin fans waving Confederate Flags during the game?
What’s wrong with a confederate flag? I think it happened
Corbin shoots 7 FT's in the game and South Laurel shoots 21, yet all the haters claim that Corbin received all the calls. It just doesn't add up.:eyeroll:
Corbin isn’t very good this year bottom line. Officiating was not an issue, for anyone to say otherwise wasn’t at the game or doesn’t know basketball. 2nd comment asks who the refs were??? Please! I will be sure to ask the same when Corbin plays at South. Officials from Laurel are the best cooks around. Pretty fn sad when you blame refs when you win, get a life!.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Any Corbin fans waving Confederate Flags during the game?
Almost as many as South did.
campbellfield Wrote:Corbin isn’t very good this year bottom line. Officiating was not an issue, for anyone to say otherwise wasn’t at the game or doesn’t know basketball. 2nd comment asks who the refs were??? Please! I will be sure to ask the same when Corbin plays at South. Officials from Laurel are the best cooks around. Pretty fn sad when you blame refs when you win, get a life!.

Been watching basketball for over 40 years, pretty sure I know the rules. And, I was at the game. Officiating was bad. Maybe the trailing ref who kept tagging South for illegal screens could demonstrate what a legal screen looks like.
campbellfield Wrote:Almost as many as South did.

That’s pretty funny considering a visiting team (Doss) canceled a game at Corbin after the Instagram antics last season.