Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 2018
Same story different year. Every year our bunch is worried about the o line. We will be fine. Heck, look at 2014 when I don’t think we had a lineman over 200 lbs. What happened? 14-1 and state champs. Relax, big line, good coaching and they won’t need to hold their blocks longer than 2 seconds.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:That leaves DeSales, who took considerable losses to graduation. Shouldn't be much of a threat as last season. However, 2-A looks to be pretty strong, at least in the upper five. I'm placing my bet on Mayfield though.

DeSales always loses a big class. That's what happens when you dress 95 plus kids. We lost a lot on the offensive line, however it's the next man up philosophy. If we get that anchored up, they have the potential to be really good. We return a lot of our skill guys from last year. Not worried about the defense at all. DeSales always put's out a stout D.
Not sure how many question marks will be answered week one with St X. That game is at DeSales.

For the rest of what i see as contenders, Mayfield will be Mayfield. They will be playing in the city of Louisville somewhere in Nov.

CAL will be interesting. I saw 2 different CAL teams last year. One without Carr, and one with Carr. Two totally different teams. If Wright has to line up at QB, then he has to do too much. Carr was a real talent back there. Losing him to Ballard is a big loss. They will have to find someone who can get the ball to Wright and let him do his thing.

The only other real contender I see would be Danville. I know they lost a lot, but tradition brings out the best in kids.
ColtPride Wrote:DeSales always loses a big class. That's what happens when you dress 95 plus kids. We lost a lot on the offensive line, however it's the next man up philosophy. If we get that anchored up, they have the potential to be really good. We return a lot of our skill guys from last year. Not worried about the defense at all. DeSales always put's out a stout D.
Not sure how many question marks will be answered week one with St X. That game is at DeSales.

For the rest of what i see as contenders, Mayfield will be Mayfield. They will be playing in the city of Louisville somewhere in Nov.

CAL will be interesting. I saw 2 different CAL teams last year. One without Carr, and one with Carr. Two totally different teams. If Wright has to line up at QB, then he has to do too much. Carr was a real talent back there. Losing him to Ballard is a big loss. They will have to find someone who can get the ball to Wright and let him do his thing.

The only other real contender I see would be Danville. I know they lost a lot, but tradition brings out the best in kids.
Mayfield will probably play Glasgow in November. Mayfield could only meet DeSales or CAL at Kroger field this season.
Snakesnot Wrote:Mayfield will probably play Glasgow in November. Mayfield could only meet DeSales or CAL at Kroger field this season.

Then book your hotel room now in Lexington. Glasgow has no shot.
Mayfield will be in Lexington this season, mark it down.
FoSho Wrote:Mayfield will be in Lexington this season, mark it down.

I think you’re right mayfield will be back Lexington. :popcorn:
FoSho Wrote:Mayfield will be in Lexington this season, mark it down.

Glasgow is gonna see a show the likes of which they have never seen if the Cards have to go there. It will be a running clock loss for the Scottie’s.
mysonis55 Wrote:Glasgow is gonna see a show the likes of which they have never seen if the Cards have to go there. It will be a running clock loss for the Scottie’s.

Makes sense since Danville did that to them this past year I believe.
ColtPride Wrote:Then book your hotel room now in Lexington. Glasgow has no shot.

You got that right. I don't know why some keep pumping Glasgow up.
Hatz Wrote:Makes sense since Danville did that to them this past year I believe.
:biglmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:Glasgow is gonna see a show the likes of which they have never seen if the Cards have to go there. It will be a running clock loss for the Scottie’s.

Glasgow doesn't have a chance.
When CAL and Desales move up to 3A next year, who does that leave in 2a district 4? Will they add some teams from other districts?
That will be an interesting question. I’m not sure if they will stick Beechwood in that district. I think they are moving up.
mysonis55 Wrote:That will be an interesting question. I’m not sure if they will stick Beechwood in that district. I think they are moving up.

Beechwood has already been slotted into the district with Newport, Lloyd, and Holy Cross.
It is District 6 I believe.
Beechwood has been assigned to the E side. The only way MF would see them would be in Lex next year should both be that fortunate
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Beechwood has been assigned to the E side. The only way MF would see them would be in Lex next year should both be that fortunate

Unless the state decides to seed the final 4. Did they ever decide on what they were gonna do with that?
I just checked the KHSAA website and it looks like they're moving Danville, LCA, Somerset and Washington Co to District 4.. Washington Co is the only team that was in D4 the past 4 years. They moved Shawnee into D5 with Gallatin Co, WVerona, Carroll Co and Owen Co and Middlesboro, who was previous in with the Danville district has moved into the Leslie Co district with Breathitt, Knott and Morgan also there..
Mayfield is my pick to click this year in 2A.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Unless the state decides to seed the final 4. Did they ever decide on what they were gonna do with that?

Good point and I would guess very possible