Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JBS-National Attention
Don't say people dislikes JBS cause of jealousy and their a private school. People don't dislike JBS, they dislike the Stepps.
Arbys Man Wrote:Well in the 90's there were no Stepps playing for them besides Jims son Travis. Jim did not push him and make him practice everyday, he let him have a life. Also Jim and Joe didnt talk about him 24/7. I know this cause I went to school with him.

OK. :confused:

I'm sorry but I doubt your accusations have anything to do with the success the Stepps enjoyed while coaching ALC and leading them to the NAIA Tournament on numerous occassions.
Congratulations, June Buchanan! It's nice to finally see something get national attention from our area, and it not be something negative. I thought the article was well-written, and some of the quotes by Allen, I thought, were very professional. Good Luck against the Dragons of Warren Central on Thursday. Maybe you'll win the whole thing. Maybe you'll win a few games. Or maybe you won't win any. However, this is an opportunity very few high school basketball players in this great state get to experience. Make the most of it guys. You've earned it!
What childish behaivor the people of the 14th on showing just because JBS beat Hazard! I did not hear any stories like this when Hazard beat JBS last year to get to the sweet 16 nor this year when Hazard went to the ALL A!
i like the mountains and i like small schools. im really hopin for a jbs v elliot match up in the 2nd round
Another Asssist Wrote:What childish behaivor the people of the 14th on showing just because JBS beat Hazard! I did not hear any stories like this when Hazard beat JBS last year to get to the sweet 16 nor this year when Hazard went to the ALL A!

I think all the attention is due to the fact that JBS is such a small school and also because this is the first time they have ever been to state. It's history in the making. These boys have parents and friends and fans who are proud of them just like I am proud of my Bulldogs and everything they have accomplished this season.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I think all the attention is due to the fact that JBS is such a small school and also because this is the first time they have ever been to state. It's history in the making. These boys have parents and friends and fans who are proud of them just like I am proud of my Bulldogs and everything they have accomplished this season.
you are a good man...I wish there more like you in this world..I wish I could rejoice with you on this, but there is to much water under the bridge with me and these people..Don't you ever change....Wink
I hope they get beat bad.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Congratulations, June Buchanan! It's nice to finally see something get national attention from our area, and it not be something negative. I thought the article was well-written, and some of the quotes by Allen, I thought, were very professional. Good Luck against the Dragons of Warren Central on Thursday. Maybe you'll win the whole thing. Maybe you'll win a few games. Or maybe you won't win any. However, this is an opportunity very few high school basketball players in this great state get to experience. Make the most of it guys. You've earned it!

I agee, very professional but very exposing. Listen, his statment about "when your winning, people assume you are doing something wrong" is totaly false. I have been associated with sports my whole life, in and out of KY, have been involved with winning programs, very rarely have I ran into such an attitude. I doubt that JBS has violated any recruiting rules. Mr. Allen seems to be a very intelligent and capable headmaster, he probably is a great employee and does exactly what his president tells him. The wrong doing more likely has to do with academics, this is what he knows best. Lets wait and see...
Arbys Man Wrote:Don't say people dislikes JBS cause of jealousy and their a private school. People don't dislike JBS, they dislike the Stepps.

You sure are a jealous little man! I bet you tell them everytime you se them.
nobody Wrote:you are a good man...I wish there more like you in this world..I wish I could rejoice with you on this, but there is to much water under the bridge with me and these people..Don't you ever change....Wink

I'm not rejoicing. LOL If my Dawgs had won and were going to Rupp then I would be REJOICING!!! I would have given anything to see the Bulldogs go back to Rupp but it just wasn't meant to be this year and there's not a darn thing I can do about it. The Bulldogs had a great season and I'm just proud and thankful that I was able to be there to support them in their many accomplishments. There comes a time when you have to do the right thing. And now the right thing to do is to support the team that is going to represent the 14th region. But I can't help but wonder if, when Hazard went to the state tournament for the first time in 1925, 82 years ago, if we got all this attention?? Wink
these boys have done somethin that has never been done at jbs ill give them that but national press........come on guys do you really think that is clark wasnt on the team then they would be gettin all this national attention, no way.........but i would like to give my congrats to you guys, i played in two state tourneys and i was the best expirence of my live, good luck
Anyone have a place where we can read the article?
I think JBS should get national attention for them winning the 14th region since they definitely deserved it. NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! True Story I also think Steppe was way over rated he didnt impress me at all.
very good post
Mr. Baseball Wrote:Did you know in 1956 the cities of Hazard and Wayland held victory celebrations for Carr Creek winning the state title? Here we are 51 years later and the vocal minority is ripping teen age kids for winning. It's sad to think eastern Kentucky hardly ever gets positive press from the "outside world" and then when we get positive stories written about our teams or the area...some mountain people try to destroy the positive. Go JBS and do your best.

thank the good Lord above for the person who posted this.
I'm extremely happy to know that people like you think this is great for these boys and the area. They deserve recognition for what they accomplished.
I seen the picture in the courier-journal....Where is Brent Hall in this picture.....Guess they forgot about him...Ohh wait his last name is Hall....That's why....
What, no Brent. Brent is a good person that deserves better.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Congratulations, June Buchanan! It's nice to finally see something get national attention from our area, and it not be something negative. I thought the article was well-written, and some of the quotes by Allen, I thought, were very professional. Good Luck against the Dragons of Warren Central on Thursday. Maybe you'll win the whole thing. Maybe you'll win a few games. Or maybe you won't win any. However, this is an opportunity very few high school basketball players in this great state get to experience. Make the most of it guys. You've earned it!
Awwww, so sad. I guess their dreams were crushed last night. So much for trying to win it all....
Godspeed Wrote:Awwww, so sad. I guess their dreams were crushed last night. So much for trying to win it all....
Dude! I was just saying...basically anything could happen. No, they didn't win, but what a turnaround from everyone's homecoming game a few years ago, to 14th Region Champs. I wasn't saying they were going to win the whole thing, I was just saying, no matter what happens, for the kids to soak it all in, because who knows when this opportunity will come up again.
KCCFAN_97 Wrote:I seen the picture in the courier-journal....Where is Brent Hall in this picture.....Guess they forgot about him...Ohh wait his last name is Hall....That's why....

I think the picture was of the 6 players who had been at JBS since Kindergarten. Hall enrolled as a Freshmen after attending Beaver Elementary.
jbs doesnt deserve the recognition