Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games That Should Be Played
Big Five-0- Wrote:Boyle Co. and Huntington Wv. Both fan bases travel well, and have a lot of pride. Good tradition between both schools

@ Morehead State or Georgetown College would be great!
Granny Bear Wrote:vitriol - "cruel and bitter criticism"
"sarcastic critique not meant to better the situation"

And I didn't even need to look it up!!!
Confusednicker:

Thanks, let me use it in a sentence to make sure I got it down.
My vitriolic ex wife was an excellent housekeeper, after the divorce she kept the house.
:Sad04:
Hmmmmm...sounds cruel and bitter to me!!!

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Big Chief Wrote:I agree with Williamsburg/Oneida and Whitley County/Campbell County, but most years Oak Ridge or Anderson versus Whitley would be a mismatch.

The idea is to play a tough schedule of teams less than an hour away.:trolldad2:
baller1989 Wrote:I think Whitley vs. Williamsburg and Williamsburg vs. Corbin should be played annually also. Would be good gates and play good teams and wouldn't have to travel. Yeah, Williamsburg would be an underdog w/ both, but every couple of years it would be good games. I also agree about playing in Tn too. I've heard where Tn starts earlier that it creates scheduling conflicts somewhat?

5 A schools really shouldn't be playing against 1 A schools.
Boyle County and South Warren
Agreed that it doesn't make sense for W-Burg and Whitley to play each other. Not sure that does either school any good in the big picture. As a WHS alum, I like where the schedule has headed in the past few years. Love Somerset and Leslie being on the schedule. Like the test of playing a really good program like Paintsville. Just wish that could offload the annual NKy game against a Ludlow or Newport for games versus good East Tennessee small school programs like Oneida, Coalfield, or Greenback.
pjdoug Wrote:5 A schools really shouldn't be playing against 1 A schools.

Like Whitley vs Hazard
Belfry and Bluefield (wv)
I don’t think there is a bluefield WV is there?
Real Badman Wrote:I don’t think there is a bluefield WV is there?

Yes they have been a power for ages, and just went 14-0 and won another state championship in 2A.
Bluefield had an Appalachian League baseball team that was an Orioles affiliate for 50-plus years. It looks like it's real close to the Virginia line.
Real Badman Wrote:I don’t think there is a bluefield WV is there?
Yes, they are a contender most years for a state championship. I'm not sure how many championships they have ,but I believe it's over 10. The drive is about 2 and a half hours
HCS Wrote:Bluefield had an Appalachian League baseball team that was an Orioles affiliate for 50-plus years. It looks like it's real close to the Virginia line.
You're right it is. Similar to Belfry and West Virginia
pjdoug Wrote:5 A schools really shouldn't be playing against 1 A schools.
I understand your response, but don't agree. If you say a 5A shouldn't play a 1A, then you could also say a 3A shouldn't play a 1A either., but we are talking about Whitley and you compare talent vs. talent or numbers as a whole, there isn't a big disparity btwn the 2. You will get games played btwn these schools from yr to yr that one would think they shouldn't play but you could say that about some Williamsburg teams in past that would really put up some numbers against Whitley also. Typically, a 5A shouldn't play a 1A EVER, but compare these 2 schools season after season and tell me why these 2 shouldn't play?
dodger Wrote:Agreed that it doesn't make sense for W-Burg and Whitley to play each other. Not sure that does either school any good in the big picture. As a WHS alum, I like where the schedule has headed in the past few years. Love Somerset and Leslie being on the schedule. Like the test of playing a really good program like Paintsville. Just wish that could offload the annual NKy game against a Ludlow or Newport for games versus good East Tennessee small school programs like Oneida, Coalfield, or Greenback.
You are correct Dodger, MAYBE??? It would hurt Whitley more than it would Williamsburg from the fan base side or from mere bragging rights as a whole..... But it would help their gate. And, I think Williamsburg has major respect in High School Football and it wouldn't be a game where one would think big brother is picking on little brother? 1A should never be in games against 5A's but honestly, Williamsburg is NOT your typical 1A and Whitley isn't your typical 5A either. And I'm not beating up Whitley or building up Williamsburg as I don't have a dog in the fight btwn either, but let's be honest and say these 2 would compete with each from year to year. I think too, the Corbin game is a must but I feel it would more lopsided
diceman Wrote:Like Whitley vs Hazard

like any 1 A school. I said 5 A schools "really shouldn't" play 1 A schools. it "should" be a complete mismatch and pointless to play. I didn't say it is. I said should and shouldn't.
baller1989 Wrote:I understand your response, but don't agree. If you say a 5A shouldn't play a 1A, then you could also say a 3A shouldn't play a 1A either., but we are talking about Whitley and you compare talent vs. talent or numbers as a whole, there isn't a big disparity btwn the 2. You will get games played btwn these schools from yr to yr that one would think they shouldn't play but you could say that about some Williamsburg teams in past that would really put up some numbers against Whitley also. Typically, a 5A shouldn't play a 1A EVER, but compare these 2 schools season after season and tell me why these 2 shouldn't play?

5 A vs 1 A says they shouldn't play. if things were as they "should" be a 1 A "shouldn't" be able to compete with a 5 A. We know that's not the case now, but it wouldn't really do them any good to play.
jetpilot Wrote:Yes they have been a power for ages, and just went 14-0 and won another state championship in 2A.

Fairpoint.

I was confused with the university, which is on the VA side.
Rockcastle Co vs Bell Co
Rockcastle Co Vs Madison Southern
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wayne County vs Southwestern
Belfry vs Bluefield would be great

Bluefield WV and Grahm VA share a football stadium in the Bluefield park that is on the state line making Grahm one of the few teams in the nation to play home games out of state. The shared baseball stadium sets in Virginia in the park.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitchell_Stadium
Somerset and Wayne County are likely less than 30 minutes from each other, but they don't schedule each other? What's that all about?
Boyle Co vs a Louisville team...first game of the year.😉
Bowling Green vs Trinity
It's official, to kick off the season:

Boyle Co vs Louisville Ballard

@ Mercer Co (Bowl)