Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Games That Should Be Played
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What are some teams you would like to see play? What are some matchups that used to be played but are no longer being played for whatever reason or some matchup that were never played but you feel should be played?
Johnson Central vs Paintsville
Paris vs Bourbon County

Perry Central vs Hazard

Both of these rivalry games used to be played but that is no longer the case.
Raceland vs ironton
Belfry vs Mingo Central

Why is this game not being played? Someone posted a link to a newspaper article where Mingo Central's coach is wanting to play Belfry. Does Coach Haywood and company want no part of the Miners?
Cov Cath Trinity.
Boyle Co vs Scott Co
Westside Wrote:Paris vs Bourbon County

Westside Wrote:Johnson Central vs Paintsville

Both of these are good in theory when the small school is good-- but even Paintsville at its best doesn't hang with a down JC.

Paris right now might beat BC. But decent BC's whip Paris.
I always thought it would be good for Hazard and Paintsville to play Belfry.I use to think maybe Pikeville would play Johnson Central one of these days,but I guess there schedule is already tough enough.Even if they couldn't match up with the bigger schools I think it would help come playoff time.But I keep forgetting there could be more injuries.
I think Belfry and Johnson Central should play Louisville Trinity and maybe even join the GCL in Cincinnati.
belfry vs south oldham
I'd like to see Prestonsburg and Paintsville play.
No reason these games shouldn't be played. 20 miles apart and get to play against your old teammates.

Prestonsburg vs Pikeville
Prestonsburg vs Paintsville
Prestonsburg vs Johnson Central
Westside Wrote:Paris vs Bourbon County

Perry Central vs Hazard

Both of these rivalry games used to be played but that is no longer the case.

Hazard vs PCC may be rival in a lot of sports. I played football at both schools, I can tell you that PCC care more about that game then Hazard did.
Bowling Green vs Franklin-Simpson

They played for about 80 years until the current Franklin Principal became the football coach.
Love to see that match up. Two very good programs
Westside Wrote:I'd like to see Prestonsburg and Paintsville play.
I would really like to have seen Prestonsburg and Paintsville play over the last few years. Both teams have had some big up years and down years. Sadly I don’t think it will happen anytime soon.
UpYours Wrote:No reason these games shouldn't be played. 20 miles apart and get to play against your old teammates.

Believe me, JC tried to make this one happen. Not to go into great detail but when money doesn't speak or an odd number of years in the contract with the extra year going to a school it is apparent that school does not want to play.
THOMCAT Wrote:Believe me, JC tried to make this one happen. Not to go into great detail but when money doesn't speak or an odd number of years in the contract with the extra year going to a school it is apparent that school does not want to play.

Why did the schools quit playing? Is Paintsville afraid of Johnson Central? Why don't they p!ay?
Westside Wrote:Why did the schools quit playing? Is Paintsville afraid of Johnson Central? Why don't they p!ay?

The last 5 years they played JC won by an average of about 50 points. I’d say that had a lot to do with it.
I’m not sure why JC would even want to play.
Bell County vs Knox Central
UpYours Wrote:No reason these games shouldn't be played. 20 miles apart and get to play against your old teammates.

Not to start anything, but if kids are leaving at that rate maybe it's time to try something different. I seems that the problem is probably with prestonsburg.
Bengals vs. Trinity
Somerset vs. Pulaski
Somerset vs. Southwestern

Southwestern vs. a high school in Hawaii (Away only)
Somerset v. Corbin
Wayne County vs Corbin
Westside Wrote:Belfry vs Mingo Central

Why is this game not being played? Someone posted a link to a newspaper article where Mingo Central's coach is wanting to play Belfry. Does Coach Haywood and company want no part of the Miners?

No class the coaches have no class they would have there players starting fights Fields is a product of kinder so no change there. And it’s easy to say you want a game with somebody when you know it’s not going to happen
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:No class the coaches have no class they would have there players starting fights Fields is a product of kinder so no change there. And it’s easy to say you want a game with somebody when you know it’s not going to happen

That is sad. I heard things about their other coach. I didn't know this one was the same.
Paintsville vs Johnson Central
Belfry vs Mingo Central
Floyd Central vs Hazard
Perry Central vs Hazard
Madison Southern vs. Rockcastle Co.
Pages: 1 2 3