Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 46 Middlesboro 6
Well then I will be contacting the state because it's public record who gets paid to coach and they are down as paid coaches Bowling may get it and donate it back because he's already wealthy enough. I've made several trips to the state already. I won't stop until these kids get a fair shake. Massengill has no idea how many life's he crushed becoming the coach. My son deserved better.
I would contact whoever I felt like I needed to contact if I were you. All I am saying is making a blanket statement like all of the assistants aren't good coaches is not only unfair to those guys but not true. You have 2 former players who care enough about Middlesboro to give their time to help these kids. I don't know what assistants make but I guarantee it's not enough to make a difference in their bank accounts. When I played at Middlesboro I don't think we had any former players come help out. And the staff we had wasn't that good either. If you want to blame someone that's fine trust me I throw my share of blame as well. Just make sure it's headed in the right direction. I don't think throwing it at 2 former players who care enough to donate their time and have never called a play or set a rule by the way is the right thing to do. Not to mention I haven't heard anything but positive things about them from the players.
I have not gone anywhere sweethearts! Never has a team with 31 kids had the amount of season ending injuries that Middlesboro has had. Ill forever support my Jacket kids until there is no more breath in me. Some of you may wanna learn a thing called loyalty. Everyone wants to throw stones when the postion comes open i expect to hear a record number of people has appyled for the job! ITs easy to be a saturday moning lawnchair Qb, such is life in a coaches world i guess. Assistant coaches arent coaching for the money they coach because they love thier school, love the game or love the kids.And all the above. We have some of the finest men you will ever meet that are assistant coaches. We have coaches that have forgot more football then some of us will ever know.As far as kids getting treated fairly nothing more then a pile of bullshit there. Every kid has been given the same chance as every other! JACKETPRIDE!!!
I thought for sure they'd run the table when Martin resigned.
Trashtalker Wrote:I have not gone anywhere sweethearts! Never has a team with 31 kids had the amount of season ending injuries that Middlesboro has had. Ill forever support my Jacket kids until there is no more breath in me. Some of you may wanna learn a thing called loyalty. Everyone wants to throw stones when the postion comes open i expect to hear a record number of people has appyled for the job! ITs easy to be a saturday moning lawnchair Qb, such is life in a coaches world i guess. Assistant coaches arent coaching for the money they coach because they love thier school, love the game or love the kids.And all the above. We have some of the finest men you will ever meet that are assistant coaches. We have coaches that have forgot more football then some of us will ever know.As far as kids getting treated fairly nothing more then a pile of bullshit there. Every kid has been given the same chance as every other! JACKETPRIDE!!!

I agree with you on several points , but I don't think any of the nay sayers do not support the kids. That doesn't mean you have to support the decisions of the adults in charge. Just look at the UK football threads. Does that mean all have no loyalty to the program? For me it means I hate to see our program suffer for adult decisions and coaching...period. So the standard answer doesn't apply. Trashtalker is it time for a change in coaching?

Redwolf, if you read the statement it will take years to recover.
Yea trashtalker is it time for a coaching change? I bet he doesn't have it in him to answer this question honestly....
Answer? Is it?
If I know Middlesboro like I think I know Middlesboro, a new head coach will likely be an unstated precondition for the selection and employment of a new superintendent.
Bennybones Wrote:To my knowledge there are no former players that are paid assistants on staff. Jesse Allen is the only former player on staff that is employed by the school. Regardless as I said before these assistants are at the bottom of the blame chain. It's difficult to hire quality coaches especially to get them to come to middlesboro. So again I say we're probably lucky to have them even if all they did was carry water.

They're not teachers, but they are still paid to coach therefore making them paid employees of the school.
I, like most others, do believe it is time for a change. But rationally thinking, who does Middlesboro get? What makes Middlesboro a desirable job to anyone that didn't grow up here? The community is dying, its drug infested, and a coach with a pretty good resume has won 10 games in 4 years. Nobody that could, or will do any better will want this job, that much was evident in the Bell County coaching search.