Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 56 Leslie 46
Where do you place them in the region outlaw?
top 5 in my opinion are 1-KCC 2-PCC 3 -Hazard 4 Leslie 5 LCC 6 Powell
Owsley could be as high as 4th by tournament time
Streetoutlaw Wrote:You obviously don't know much about the game or haven't seen Owsley play. They are dangerous for anyone to play. And remember their the youngest team in region. So they will grow immensely over the next two months. They played Knott on their floor to a one point deficient at the half. Then got in foul trouble with 2/3 starters fouling out and 3 more with 4 fouls. You know I would try to get my facts straight before I started to type. Just a reminder you are talking about kids. Might want to keep that in mind also.
That maybe true, but pcc will get a lot better too, they r also very young an they have only one senior on the team. My bulldogs will be good but I wouldn't want to play pcc tournament time. There's also a few people that lcc will be a hard out in kcc district! I think this season will be one of the best years for girls basketball in the 14th , it's a coin toss on who will win it!!!
I agree with easternky except I would flop KCC and PCC. I really believe Perry is the team to beat simply because of the amount of points they will put up and the team unity. Just my opinion
Big Hammer Wrote:Where do you place them in the region outlaw?

Right now I think they are in the 5 to 7 range. With breathitt and Powell and Leslie. I think by February they have a shot make some noise.
Streetoutlaw Wrote:Right now I think they are in the 5 to 7 range. With breathitt and Powell and Leslie. I think by February they have a shot make some noise.

All 3 of those teams are better.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:All 3 of those teams are better.

Not sure Powell can score enough to beat Owsley. They are averaging 42/43 a game. Saw them play this summer and they struggled to score. Gibson has shown she can get that on a given night.

Breathitt needs Brewer I think to beat Owsley. Last I heard she was still rehabilitating.

Leslie I agree is better team right now. But it is close.
Big Hammer Wrote:Have not seen Owlsley play this year. I have seen the Gibson girl play in past years and she is a load down low. Just going by what I hear and what I've read they are a young team that will improve by tournament time. Are they one of the top 5 in the region? Not in my opinion

If you have not seen them play how can you say that
Read my post I'm going by what I've heard and read. The season has just started I've not seen Hazard or KCC play either this year but I pick on what info I have.
I've heard on hear that knott is the best team in the mountains but I don't think so
hillbilly cat Wrote:That maybe true, but pcc will get a lot better too, they r also very young an they have only one senior on the team. My bulldogs will be good but I wouldn't want to play pcc tournament time. There's also a few people that lcc will be a hard out in kcc district! I think this season will be one of the best years for girls basketball in the 14th , it's a coin toss on who will win it!!!

I agree this will be a great year to watch 14th region girls basketball! LCC is a sleeper and will be a tough out in the region. Right now though PCC and KCC have to be the favorites with LCC, hazard,Leslie proving they belong in the mix with every game they play and will be right there by seasons end. Also teams like Breathitt, Owsley,and powell will only get better as the season goes on and though they may not be able to win it, they can sure knock someone off.
Possible tournament field:
KCC/LCC
PCC/HHS
BHS/Wolfe
PC/Owsley
* Would make for a great tourney with some first round match-ups that would look like championship games!