Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 56 Leslie 46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hazard looked ok but caudill and sturgill didn't have a field goal in the second half and they still won by 10 at leslie so that's a good win. leslie plays hard on defense and played a box and chaser on sturgill the whole game
Congrats Hazard!!!
Big win for Hazard tonight!
They did that last year an Pcc won over therebplaying the box an one on her! I hope for our sake that no one figures out that playing her staight up is better, if she's missing she still shoots an takes a lot of bad shots . If we can limit her bad half court shots we can will the region! Go blue an gold!!!
[Image: uUyc1Vc.png]

Shaba daba do, ole Coach Collie better figure it out fast losing to the bullpups on their home court by 10, wowza.

#eaglesdidntgetoffthegroundlastnight More mash taters please!!!
Hillbilly Cat, u of course wasn't at the game. She never took bad shots. Talking smack about bulldogs definitely shows ur no bulldog fan. Neither team shot well, the bulldogs just played good team ball.
Leslie lost a lot of good girls last year. Haxard only winning by 10 says a lot about both teams. My money is on Perry and Knott this year.
hitter Wrote:hazard looked ok but caudill and sturgill didn't have a field goal in the second half and they still won by 10 at leslie so that's a good win. leslie plays hard on defense and played a box and chaser on sturgill the whole game

Thought you were at the PCC game??
I thought Holland made the difference for Hazard. Rebounded well and hit shots. Leslie will be in mix by the end. Lost a great shooter and two really good defenders and rebounders.
And shooting 24% from the field didn't help Leslie either.
New 2 Wrote:Hillbilly Cat, u of course wasn't at the game. She never took bad shots. Talking smack about bulldogs definitely shows ur no bulldog fan. Neither team shot well, the bulldogs just played good team ball.

Well I want to win an ofcourse u must have not watched the girl play much she does take bad shots!! I've watched her play several games! If her shot section is better we will win this district, honesty is the way to go! Call it like it is!! When we as a team realize what we need to work on an fix those things, then only will we succeed! Go bulldogs!!
Hitter has learned a good trick he watched PCC at their gym and Hazard at Leslie at the same time over at Hyden
How many points did Sturgill end up with??
I said the same thing and I got ripped for it too...oh well... People don't like to hear the truth. That girl definitely has a talent but if she doesn't make better decisions and if she wants to play at the next level she better learn difference
Nice win
I didn't get to see the Leslie game, but anytime you beat that bunch its a good sign for things to come. I heard we had 4 girls in double digits. Very promising!!!!!
You people do realize how coaches send game film don't u. I actually attended the perry game and watched the hazard game on my phone. It's not really complicated.
After watching KCC and Owsley, everybody else is playing for runner-up. We want have a close game in the 14th. On an off night we'll beat any of them by 15 or more.
sports fan00 Wrote:After watching KCC and Owsley, everybody else is playing for runner-up. We want have a close game in the 14th. On an off night we'll beat any of them by 15 or more.

You realize Owsley is not that good right?
Dr.Basketball Wrote:You realize Owsley is not that good right?

You obviously don't know much about the game or haven't seen Owsley play. They are dangerous for anyone to play. And remember their the youngest team in region. So they will grow immensely over the next two months. They played Knott on their floor to a one point deficient at the half. Then got in foul trouble with 2/3 starters fouling out and 3 more with 4 fouls. You know I would try to get my facts straight before I started to type. Just a reminder you are talking about kids. Might want to keep that in mind also.
Streetoutlaw Wrote:You obviously don't know much about the game or haven't seen Owsley play. They are dangerous for anyone to play. And remember their the youngest team in region. So they will grow immensely over the next two months. They played Knott on their floor to a one point deficient at the half. Then got in foul trouble with 2/3 starters fouling out and 3 more with 4 fouls. You know I would try to get my facts straight before I started to type. Just a reminder you are talking about kids. Might want to keep that in mind also.

You want some facts? They beat Oneida Baptist 6, who has lost to Bell County 44-17 and Buckhorn 43-32. For Knott to allow them to be in the game at half tells me all I need to know. Gibson is a great player, but as you said they're young. Not sure what you mean when you say "you are talking about kids". I only stated the facts, that they aren't a good team right now.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:You want some facts? They beat Oneida Baptist 6, who has lost to Bell County 44-17 and Buckhorn 43-32. For Knott to allow them to be in the game at half tells me all I need to know. Gibson is a great player, but as you said they're young. Not sure what you mean when you say "you are talking about kids". I only stated the facts, that they aren't a good team right now.

Here are the facts Owsley led Oneida by double figures entire game. Up around 15/16. Oneida had a stretch where they banked in 3 shots two of which where 3s. So game score looked closer than game was. It was never in doubt.
In the Knott game Owsley got in foul trouble in second half which hurt them. Let's not forget Knott is best team in region and Owsley is youngest team in region.
What I meant was I wouldn't be calling any team made of kids no good. I might say Knott is better or will win for example.
Streetoutlaw Wrote:Here are the facts Owsley led Oneida by double figures entire game. Up around 15/16. Oneida had a stretch where they banked in 3 shots two of which where 3s. So game score looked closer than game was. It was never in doubt.
In the Knott game Owsley got in foul trouble in second half which hurt them. Let's not forget Knott is best team in region and Owsley is youngest team in region.
What I meant was I wouldn't be calling any team made of kids no good. I might say Knott is better or will win for example.

Oneida is at the bottom of their region. Not impressive at all. You act like it's clear that Knott is the best team. PCC is really good.
So you are one of these that believe we should spare everyone's feelings and give participation trophies to everyone. Kids need to learn to take criticism and instead of whining about it, get in the gym and get better. Go listen to the Louisville women's head coach presser.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Oneida is at the bottom of their region. Not impressive at all. You act like it's clear that Knott is the best team. PCC is really good.
So you are one of these that believe we should spare everyone's feelings and give participation trophies to everyone. Kids need to learn to take criticism and instead of whining about it, get in the gym and get better. Go listen to the Louisville women's head coach presser.

I am saying that right now until someone beats them Knott is number 1. I agree PCC and Hazard among others are very good. No I don't believe in participation trophies. Kids need criticism from coachs, parents, and those close to them. Not from a keyboard warrior.
Streetoutlaw Wrote:I am saying that right now until someone beats them Knott is number 1. I agree PCC and Hazard among others are very good. No I don't believe in participation trophies. Kids need criticism from coachs, parents, and those close to them. Not from a keyboard warrior.

Not like I said something terrible. Only that you can't justify that Knott is the best team by how they played against Owsley.
Nobody is saying anything bad about the kids,but the simple fact is some teams are are better than others. In a 4 team district there's a first place team and a fourth place one. That's what we love to discuss on here, but I don't think anyone commenting would say bad things about the players. When someone says a 4th place team is not as good as a 1st place one and you accuse them of saying bad things you take the fun out of the discussion. Lighten up a little street outlaw and let's all enjoy discussing our team and all the games. Just my opinion
Big Hammer Wrote:Nobody is saying anything bad about the kids,but the simple fact is some teams are are better than others. In a 4 team district there's a first place team and a fourth place one. That's what we love to discuss on here, but I don't think anyone commenting would say bad things about the players. When someone says a 4th place team is not as good as a 1st place one and you accuse them of saying bad things you take the fun out of the discussion. Lighten up a little street outlaw and let's all enjoy discussing our team and all the games. Just my opinion

You just made my point for me. Read the post. I stated it was fine to say one team is better than another or rank teams. It's not alright to flat out say a team is no good.
Saying the team is not a good team says nothing bad about individual kids. If you go 0 and 20 this year it might be you're young or you got bad coaching or you just don't have the talent but you're not a good team. In that cases why not tell them they're not good and encourage them to improve. Denying the facts to me is the same thing as a participation trophy. Just my opinion
Big Hammer Wrote:Saying the team is not a good team says nothing bad about individual kids. If you go 0 and 20 this year it might be you're young or you got bad coaching or you just don't have the talent but you're not a good team. In that cases why not tell them they're not good and encourage them to improve. Denying the facts to me is the same thing as a participation trophy. Just my opinion

What is your opinion on Owsley then.
Have not seen Owlsley play this year. I have seen the Gibson girl play in past years and she is a load down low. Just going by what I hear and what I've read they are a young team that will improve by tournament time. Are they one of the top 5 in the region? Not in my opinion
Pages: 1 2