Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey county at Corbin
turtle32 Wrote:If my memory is correct some was saying running clock the first time these two played, but i dont think it happened. I guess you Casey haters or Corbin lovers better enjoy making your bold predictions this week, since you all are so sure this is going to be a walk in the park I'm wondering how loose at the lip you will be next week after blowing Casey out facing Belfy? lol

I dont think I'd ever put Casey and Belfry in the same sentence. Corbin vs. Casey will for sure be a walk in the park.
E's Army Wrote:Belfry is a different animal than Casey

Different zoo... let alone animal lol
Corbin 46 Casey 8 Running Clock
For the 2nd time, Corbin will show Casey how weak their schedule was this year. 49-7.
Hounds by 35
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can remember playing against Casey co. in HS. Not trying to trash them, but it was a joke. Opening KO ran back, freshman in after the half. With that said, they've came a long way since then, but still no where close, they may never be on Corbin's level. But I do hope they continue to get better because good competition in the regular season only makes us better.
Corbin 42 Casey County 13.. Corbin is much the superior team.
I do agree with that. Most Corbin fans are well above average in their knowledge, comes from the tradition, and probably a lot of those fans played for, or could coach some high-school teams. Anyways, I don't think this will be a running clock type game. Casey played pretty darn well against Corbin last year just by D.J. White keeping them in the game. Running clock would shock me, prediction? I do have a little secret info on Casey, and hate to give that away explaining my score, but I'll say it's along the lines of 40-21, Corbin. No running clock. Casey needs a pretty early score to keep confident in their offense.
Hound05 Wrote:I can remember playing against Casey co. in HS. Not trying to trash them, but it was a joke. Opening KO ran back, freshman in after the half. With that said, they've came a long way since then, but still no where close, they may never be on Corbin's level. But I do hope they continue to get better because good competition in the regular season only makes us better.

I cannot dispute this really. So many Corbin teams have walked over Casey. The closest game was maybe 21-14 and Corbin was supposed to be really down that year. But, excuse or not, one of the main reasons Casey was "a joke", arriving to a Corbin game with 16 kids, dressed...That joke was not a good one, but a realistic one. Casey always had 4 or 5 players that could play for anyone in the state, at some position. I remember going to Corbin a few years ago, one of our most talented players who was a D1 body, 6'5", 240, best at defensive end but we played him linebacker. He ran a 4.72, legit. No real desire to go to college. Anyways, we go to Corbin. I go to the booth. Corbin announcer and I are chatting and he's like "coach is this your whole team"...we had 19 kids get off the bus, maybe 9 of them were really varsity kids, a few young guys etc.. Our big D1 type kid was so tired after 1 quarter, literally Corbin would put in a 5'7" 165 pound back and he could barely tackle the kid. Part of that was on Corbin's tough minded kids, despite being small run with crazy determination. But the biggest factor was this dude was tired, not from 1 quarter of a Corbin game, but from 40 quarters, or 160 quarters of getting the heck beat out of his freakishly talented, God given great football body. The most backup he ever had was maybe finishing a year with 27 kids, 1 year out of 4. The rest we were in the low 20's, high teens. Which was still an IMPROVEMENT from when I was in high-school at Casey. Anyone, sad sad story over, I hope to try and give you guys a game. The "prize" for both teams is a date with the best team, probably in the state, and I mean ALL of state.
Confusedmoke:
smoke1015 Wrote:I cannot dispute this really. So many Corbin teams have walked over Casey. The closest game was maybe 21-14 and Corbin was supposed to be really down that year. But, excuse or not, one of the main reasons Casey was "a joke", arriving to a Corbin game with 16 kids, dressed...That joke was not a good one, but a realistic one. Casey always had 4 or 5 players that could play for anyone in the state, at some position. I remember going to Corbin a few years ago, one of our most talented players who was a D1 body, 6'5", 240, best at defensive end but we played him linebacker. He ran a 4.72, legit. No real desire to go to college. Anyways, we go to Corbin. I go to the booth. Corbin announcer and I are chatting and he's like "coach is this your whole team"...we had 19 kids get off the bus, maybe 9 of them were really varsity kids, a few young guys etc.. Our big D1 type kid was so tired after 1 quarter, literally Corbin would put in a 5'7" 165 pound back and he could barely tackle the kid. Part of that was on Corbin's tough minded kids, despite being small run with crazy determination. But the biggest factor was this dude was tired, not from 1 quarter of a Corbin game, but from 40 quarters, or 160 quarters of getting the heck beat out of his freakishly talented, God given great football body. The most backup he ever had was maybe finishing a year with 27 kids, 1 year out of 4. The rest we were in the low 20's, high teens. Which was still an IMPROVEMENT from when I was in high-school at Casey. Anyone, sad sad story over, I hope to try and give you guys a game. The "prize" for both teams is a date with the best team, probably in the state, and I mean ALL of state.

If I were an AD at a 3A school and my coach only has 19 players dressed, I'm looking for a new coach for next season. The ability to recruit your own hallways is a quality you must have to coach at my school. There's absolutely no reason a 3A school with those enrollment numbers should have below 20 players on a roster. That's just an outsider's opinion.