Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey county at Corbin
Thoughts and predictions
I thought Corbin played their worst game of the year against Casey County this year. With that said and playing on a better football field. TongueirateSho

Corbin 49
Casey County 07
64 you just can't bring yourself to give Casey County any credit can ya ? Well that's OK they don't need any from you.
Casey has a lot to be excited for and be proud of, this has been a major step forward for their program and it is very clear that with Stonebreaker they are on the right track to really take their entire program to a new level they have been accustomed to.

With that said they just simply don't have the depth or playmakers to beat the Hounds unless Corbin is peaking ahead on their schedule and overlook them.

I think Casey gives a valiant effort but I will take the Hounds by 28
turtle32 Wrote:64 you just can't bring yourself to give Casey County any credit can ya ? Well that's OK they don't need any from you.

Turtle32 Casey County is a very good looking football team Qb and WR is dang good.....Casey County defensive line is one of the better lines Corbin has played against this year. Now that not credit but RESPECTS :Cheerlead
I think 64 has the prediction right, the Hounds won 35-7 at Casey, so I would think that Corbin would be 2 scores better at home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Stonebreaker is one of the most underrated coaches in the state of Kentucky. He is doing big things out there at Casey county and this is probably the best team Casey county has ever had. That being said, they are not at the level of the top 5 teams in 3a. Hopefully they gat there, somebody had to fill bell county's shoes in our district. Corbin wins THIS game by 35+ imho though. I'll go 43-7 hounds on top.
I gave Casey a little advantage last time with a prediction of 35-14. Not gonna low ball that bad this time, Corbin's execution the past 2games of the playoff's has been incredible!! Casey just cant hang with them at home. 46-8. Running clock in the 3rd. Starters keep fresh for the pirates next week!
Hounds by 21
Bad things for Casey Co.
I believe that this could possible be a close game but then again this could be like Lawrence county and belfry last year play a close one in the regular season and only win by one or a very close score but then huge blowout in the playoffs but Casey has a lot to be proud of and should compete I hope they make it close hell maybe pull out I'm gonna say
Corbin 42
Casey 33
I hope (as a Casey fan), we can make this a ballgame. I ain't making any crazy foolish predictions of a Casey win when we have NEVER beat Corbin, ever. But I think we will play our toughest, hardest game ever. Will it make a difference? I have no idea. Corbin is very good. I was angry, because of one turd of a fan for Corbin (1 out of a bunch isn't bad), and I'm sure we had our own turds as well. But I wish the good Casey QB could make the guy that dogged him in the worst possible unsportsman way, eat his words. Even in a Casey loss I hope some respect is gained even by that guy. Corbins head coach is a heck of a competitor, he has my respect, 100%, as a player/competitor, and coach. Glad so many here are showing respect for coach Stonebraker and also see the strides Casey has made. Again, everyone knows that Corbin won the last game in a workman like fashion, but they didn't play bad simply because of having an off game, I heard their coaches, personally say, "this team ain't the same Casey"...so fans can make all the excuses they want. How in the heck can a 35-7 win make the winner come out with excuses?? Casey just happens to have some darn good football players, coached up in a MASS youth league effort the past 15 to 20 years. And from the youth leage, 6th grade down, Casey is going to compete with Corbin for years in the not so distant future. If we are able to pull off the upset Friday night, I will always give Corbin the respect they have earned. Praying for a great game, no injuries. That's what I'm praying for, and HOPING for a major league upset. Face it, the prize for either team is facing one of the best 3A teams in 20+ years, Belfry.
smoke1015 Wrote:I hope (as a Casey fan), we can make this a ballgame. I ain't making any crazy foolish predictions of a Casey win when we have NEVER beat Corbin, ever. But I think we will play our toughest, hardest game ever. Will it make a difference? I have no idea. Corbin is very good. I was angry, because of one turd of a fan for Corbin (1 out of a bunch isn't bad), and I'm sure we had our own turds as well. But I wish the good Casey QB could make the guy that dogged him in the worst possible unsportsman way, eat his words. Even in a Casey loss I hope some respect is gained even by that guy. Corbins head coach is a heck of a competitor, he has my respect, 100%, as a player/competitor, and coach. Glad so many here are showing respect for coach Stonebraker and also see the strides Casey has made. Again, everyone knows that Corbin won the last game in a workman like fashion, but they didn't play bad simply because of having an off game, I heard their coaches, personally say, "this team ain't the same Casey"...so fans can make all the excuses they want. How in the heck can a 35-7 win make the winner come out with excuses?? Casey just happens to have some darn good football players, coached up in a MASS youth league effort the past 15 to 20 years. And from the youth leage, 6th grade down, Casey is going to compete with Corbin for years in the not so distant future. If we are able to pull off the upset Friday night, I will always give Corbin the respect they have earned. Praying for a great game, no injuries. That's what I'm praying for, and HOPING for a major league upset. Face it, the prize for either team is facing one of the best 3A teams in 20+ years, Belfry.

Was this turd on the visitors side,home side or in the booth, Myself I was sitting in the end zone eating a hotdog being a good sportsman. :popcorn:
Corbin by 1...4th quarter Hail Mary
64SUR Wrote:Was this turd on the visitors side,home side or in the booth, Myself I was sitting in the end zone eating a hotdog being a good sportsman. :popcorn:

Lol, visitor's side, no one is going to be a jerk in the booth or they will not be in the booth. I love good enthusiasm, but "Hey #4, I new you were an f'n loser"...etc.., not cool. He and Corbin players both pretty decent friends being around each other for academic scholarships, etc.. Our routes weren't the sharpest that night, and mostly cause of Corbin's great coverage.
smoke1015 Wrote:Lol, visitor's side, no one is going to be a jerk in the booth or they will not be in the booth. I love good enthusiasm, but "Hey #4, I new you were an f'n loser"...etc.., not cool. He and Corbin players both pretty decent friends being around each other for academic scholarships, etc.. Our routes weren't the sharpest that night, and mostly cause of Corbin's great coverage.

:igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup:
Casey has had a great year and should be commended but Corbin has to many athletes.
E's Army Wrote:Casey has had a great year and should be commended but Corbin has to many athletes.

True true, but can't tell our kids that. I think this may be an even matchup in terms of athletes, in, say, 5 to 6 years. Casey's little league is getting on par with some of the better leagues. With Stonebraker I think we can keep the numbers all the way to high-school. It's all about building blocks for guys like us. The trying to get to Corbin, Belfry, Central type level, in 3A. Not an easy thing to do. Breece Hayes Sr. has done an amazing job in the youth league for a lot of years. Of course going 5-5 was a great year for us, most of our programs existence. I don't think Stonebraker thinks in those terms, if you aren't winning every game, he's not happy. Anyways, good luck to all remaining. Always hoping for no injuries and all teams bring their best game.
It is amazing how far Casey has come. Belfry and Corbin have traditions of excellent football going back decades. You have to think you can play at that level to get there. Casey is well on their way. Corbin and Belfry both have way above average teams even for their programs. Casey picked the wrong year to break through.
smoke1015 Wrote:Lol, visitor's side, no one is going to be a jerk in the booth or they will not be in the booth. I love good enthusiasm, but "Hey #4, I new you were an f'n loser"...etc.., not cool. He and Corbin players both pretty decent friends being around each other for academic scholarships, etc.. Our routes weren't the sharpest that night, and mostly cause of Corbin's great coverage.

I know who you are talking about. He was embarrassing and not indicative of the rest of us Corbin supporters. We respect everyone and fear no one. The QB from Casey is top 3 that we've faced all year imho. Before you get upset about that remember that we've played mayfield and Danville this year. Casey has a lot of good players. If the rebs continue to improve at the rate they are now then it won't be long until the Casey vs Corbin game will be a slobber knocker. I actually hope that Casey gets to that level AND bell county makes a comeback. I liked it when our district was the toughest in 3a and I would like to see it get back there again.
waughdaddy59 Wrote:I believe that this could possible be a close game but then again this could be like Lawrence county and belfry last year play a close one in the regular season and only win by one or a very close score but then huge blowout in the playoffs but Casey has a lot to be proud of and should compete I hope they make it close hell maybe pull out I'm gonna say
Corbin 42
Casey 33

Looking at Corbin's schedule, they only surrendered 93 total points all season. 35 of those 93 came to Mayfield in a one point defeat with Haddix going for two. Outside of that game, they have given up 58 total points, which includes holding Danville, Southwestern, and Louisville Central to 29 total points combined. While Casey County has a potent offense with Hayes and Miller, I highly doubt the Hounds give up 33 points to Casey at Campbell Field. Unless Corbin is looking ahead to a potential matchup with Belfry, I don't see the Hounds slipping up on the defensive side of the ball and giving up more than two scores, which has only happened twice (Mayfield and Central).

To put this in Belfry's dominance into perspective, they have surrendered 128 total points on the season. 66 of those points came to out of state teams (Knoxville Catholic who scored 45, Belfry's lone loss, and Cabell Midland, WV who scored 21. If you take those 66 points off the board, Belfry has surrendered 62 total points, with Johnson Central scoring 16 of those points in their matchup.

Needless to say, both Corbin and Belfry's defenses have been out of this world this year if a rematch of last year's game can be played.
Running clock
If my memory is correct some was saying running clock the first time these two played, but i dont think it happened. I guess you Casey haters or Corbin lovers better enjoy making your bold predictions this week, since you all are so sure this is going to be a walk in the park I'm wondering how loose at the lip you will be next week after blowing Casey out facing Belfy? lol
turtle32 Wrote:If my memory is correct some was saying running clock the first time these two played, but i dont think it happened. I guess you Casey haters or Corbin lovers better enjoy making your bold predictions this week, since you all are so sure this is going to be a walk in the park I'm wondering how loose at the lip you will be next week after blowing Casey out facing Belfy? lol

I don't hate Casey County, but I will stand by my prediction 49-7 and live another day. You're :welcome:to remind me of my prediction after Friday night SMOKE Confusedmoke:
For Corbin to run the clock on Casey wouldn't take that much more than their last game. I mean, a 28 point win is literally 1 score away from being a running clock.

So, in that entire game, there wasn't a single play where Corbin could have/should have scored but didn't? That would have equaled a running clock then.

Corbin is a really really good team. Casey is a good team. Corbin isn't going to lose this one, especially at home. If it were back in Liberty, I'd say the score would be pretty much the same as before. But, since it's in Corbin, I'd be willing to give the Hounds an extra 14 points, at least.
Corbin blow out, running clock.
Hats off to Coach Stonebreaker, his staff and players! They have taken a bottom- dweller and turned it into a winning program. All things considered, Corbin wins in dominate fashion! This takes nothing away from Casey County and what they have accomplished. Corbin would dominate most teams in their class.
I predict 64 is smiling all the way to Belfry next week.
Belfry is a different animal than Casey
Casey moved the ball pretty good the first game and just couldnt get it into the endzone. Give the corbin D the credit but if casey puts a couple of those in, it may have gotten interesting. I expect a good game and a running clock would shock me.