Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 27 Raceland 21 OT
Most 1A schools don't have a choice but to play their line both ways. Nice luxury to have.
bac2369 Wrote:Looks as if the center gets beat on several plays as well.

one of the lineman ones talking about is a center the other two play guard and can play tackle
A lot of things I could agree or disagree on about the game and/or the officials, but the bottom line is that we had our chances to win and we didn't capitalize on them. Time to move on and take care of business so we can get to the next meeting in Paintsville. Until then, good luck to both teams.
E's Army Wrote:Most 1A schools don't have a choice but to play their line both ways. Nice luxury to have.

I'm not saying we shouldn't use our depth, i think they should play but play by giving the others series off not by having your best lineman play half a game
anotherfootballnut Wrote:one of the lineman ones talking about is a center the other two play guard and can play tackle

I tell you what else I noticed from the 1st half to the 2nd half that Raceland didn't much row the QB out for a run pass option like in the first half. OT is the only time I recall it and they rowed to the short side instead of wide side.
That's because Raceland had to go to a three back set so they could use two backs as lead blockers bc the half the line was getting beat
anotherfootballnut Wrote:That's because Raceland had to go to a three back set so they could use two backs as lead blockers bc the half the line was getting beat

Make sense to me! Rams played a heck of a game! They were close to as advertised! I was very impressed with Walker. Kid is extremely explosive and a hard target to take down. He took many hits that shoulda brought a running back down and would spin and throw it off and keep running! Rams D was very good on containing KP for the most part! If Rams QB had more time I believe it woulda been a lot different game! He had a lot of pressure on him all night. No doubt IF these 2 teams meet again it's gonna be a good one! I woulda have to predict from what I seen Paintsville by 2 TD's but we all know anything can happen on a Friday night! It was an emotional game that's for sure!
bac2369 Wrote:Watching that video I see two things. They picked on senior josh Clark for Raceland on those touchdowns... I see no holding on the play in overtime but he may of been a fuzz early... I also noticed on the flip back from walker to Davidson if he throws to the left corner Raceland has 3 guys in that area and 1 Paintsville defender there... if he handled the throw back better

MAYBE. To me it looked the same as last night in person. A great defensive break up! A catchable ball both the receiver and defender have a right to go after it. Definantly no holding by going around from behind the receiver and batting the ball down! Anyway Paintsville D responded nicely and applied a lot of pressure on the Rams 5th attempt and pulled it out.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I don't think Raceland has a lineman that can block number 3, kid was a beast. I'm not even sure he was a kid, looked more like a grown ass man!

Lol he is young
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:MAYBE. To me it looked the same as last night in person. A great defensive break up! A catchable ball both the receiver and defender have a right to go after it. Definantly no holding by going around from behind the receiver and batting the ball down! Anyway Paintsville D responded nicely and applied a lot of pressure on the Rams 5th attempt and pulled it out.

I was just stating to why they threw it.. But if I was a ref I wouldn't of threw a flag there...because I don't see it... But if the QB throws the ball early the receiver makes the catch because the ball was late in my opinion..
Paintsvlle had a good game plan , come congrats to them hope to see them again in a few weeks
Footballnut blaming the OL for the loss. It's a team effort.
Two solid teams which will have another barn burner in week three of the playoffs
E's Army Wrote:Two solid teams which will have another barn burner in week three of the playoffs

Wrong, Paintsville by two-three TD's
Donald Trump would say this game was RIGGED........Vote Hillary fair and balance :igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup:
I should give you a infraction for posting off topic!!!

Take it to the political threads.
Hillary would just lie, then get away with it.

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:I should give you a infraction for posting off topic!!!

Confusednicker:

It's rigged even bigger. :lmao: Madam President
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Footballnut blaming the OL for the loss. It's a team effort.

Read again genius .. I said its a team loss just like they are team wins . But you can't have your 2 best lineman playing half a game
Granny Bear Wrote:I should give you a infraction for posting off topic!!!

Confusednicker:
But there would be no proof, the emails would get deleted. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Donald Trump would say this game was RIGGED........Vote Hillary fair and balance :igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup:

Governor Bevins has sent congratulations to Paintsville and will make sure the ref crew will never get a Paintsville game again :1:
Seems like I hit a nerve for you to come out cursing in such a Manor. I have,an opinion same as you. You want to name one group of high school kids I believe they all had equal parts. Like I said in an earlier post the offensive line didn't give up 1 long touch down runs or 2 long to passes. They also were no responsible for getting no pressure on the opposing QB. I believe that was on the defense. They win as a group they loose as a group. Both sides of the ball had a hand in this loss. And to be so poor they did score 21.