Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 footer at JCHS?
Mountain BB Fan Wrote:You are correct. Were 5A until the past year or so, weren't they? Point is they have at least 300-400 more students than next biggest school in district, Magoffin Co.. Bigger than Paintsville and Sheldon Clark combined, 2 of their district rivals.

Not sure who next biggest region school is but JC has them by 300 to 400 I would guess.

JC has bounced back and forth from 4A to 5A since the new football alignment.

Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Lawrence County, Magoffin County and Pike County Central are the 3A schools in the 15th region.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
If he could play, he would still be in Germany.
WinkWinkler Wrote:If he could play, he would still be in Germany.

You are exactly right, and man are you ever on top of your game...That's why Ray Kasongo came to Kentucky...He couldn't play a lick either.:eyeroll:
As far as recruiting at the Middle School, are you sure it's for Athletics? Seems like they lead the State, oh wait, Nation, oh wait, International Championships over the last decade, wait, two decades! Not sure which to send them for, Athletics or Academics? And if the, "you have more kids than everyone else" excuse is valid, what happens to the big schools like St. X and all the others. No matter what sport is played, I'm quite sure you have to play the same number of players! Now if a Donny Brook breaks out, that's a different matter!!!!
Bob Seger Wrote:You are exactly right, and man are you ever on top of your game...That's why Ray Kasongo came to Kentucky...He couldn't play a lick either.:eyeroll:

I am confused, what exactly did Ray Kasongo accomplish with his time playing high school basketball in Kentucky? Provide one example of a foreign exchange student making a championship impact in Eastern Kentucky.
108 Stitches Wrote:As far as recruiting at the Middle School, are you sure it's for Athletics? Seems like they lead the State, oh wait, Nation, oh wait, International Championships over the last decade, wait, two decades! Not sure which to send them for, Athletics or Academics? And if the, "you have more kids than everyone else" excuse is valid, what happens to the big schools like St. X and all the others. No matter what sport is played, I'm quite sure you have to play the same number of players! Now if a Donny Brook breaks out, that's a different matter!!!!

It is a fact that you play the same amount of players. but it comes to reason that if I am choosing a team from 600 boys or from 200 boys the team with 600 choices should be better year in and year out. That should be simple math. A team with more good players can wear a lesser team down as game godson, foul trouble not as much of a problem with deeper team and injuries are easier to replace if you have more choices. Would be same situation if JC were playing ST. X or Trinity in football. Numbers would catch up with them.
WinkWinkler Wrote:I am confused, what exactly did Ray Kasongo accomplish with his time playing high school basketball in Kentucky? Provide one example of a foreign exchange student making a championship impact in Eastern Kentucky.

Who said he accomplished or didn't accomplish anything?...Who said anything about a championship anything? That was not the point...You were implying that just because a kid comes to Kentucky it automatically means he cant play.

Don't stay up too late tonight trying to figure it out because all you'll do is give yourself a headache.
You are the one that brought Kasonga up. This is just another case of Johnson Central recruiting kids who do not even live in their county. The 7-footers host family lives in another county. Play with your own in-county kids or quit acting like Johnson County does not attempt to recruit.
WinkWinkler Wrote:You are the one that brought Kasonga up. This is just another case of Johnson Central recruiting kids who do not even live in their county. The 7-footers host family lives in another county. Play with your own in-county kids or quit acting like Johnson County does not attempt to recruit.
lol.....So now it's ugly head shows... You just want to holler recruits...

About what I figured....Confusednicker: