Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are there so many complaints about KCC?
[QUOTE=BasketBallonlyfan]I have no idea about the situation at KCC, but in my opinion, if a parent is worried about what a player reads about him or herself on here, they should just not let their child on here to read what is being said. If they don't see it, how can it bother him? From a parents point of view, my son doesn't get on here and read what people write about him, and that tickles me to death. If a kid is at his house at 9 or 10 at night reading this stuff and gets upset with it. Then my friends, it is not the coaches or couches fault. No politics in the programs fault. Not even the ball hog players fault. It falls on the parents. Supervise them like a parent instead of letting the internet be a babysitter. [/QUOTE]
What a revolutionary thought, parents being responsable for thier children and thier intake of information:thumpsup:
To The People Trashing Kcc Coachs And Players.i Think You Are
A Igorant Mouth And Should Not Be Allowed On Any Thread.
I Will Not Lower My Self To Argue With You Since You Are So Dumb.
musician Wrote:To The People Trashing Kcc Coachs And Players.i Think You Are
You just did though

A statement like that coming from someone who caps the first letter of every word. That makes a lot of sense to some I guess.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.

Sorry buddy but thats what you are doing.
political-power Wrote:Well I read all the comments on here about each and every game that KCC plays and I think it is shame to those boys how you team players and/or parents can get on here and start fights amongst each other with your comments when in fact you are nothing but jealous of either the team player or the parent of that player.. It is a known fact that KCC has a great team of boys on their starting five and they have a great team of boys on their bench.. I think if everyone knew the situation and the school and of course the county they would not be on here insulting these kids and causing more arguments between them unless that is what they are wanting!! If Knott County Board would hire a Coach that wasn't politically persuaded or if the Board would hire someone who knows how to coach a high school boys basketball team and not assist in other schools or be a former girls coach then yeah Knott County would in deed be undefeated but until then you people are hurting noone but those boys.. I mean some comments are true and some are too far fetched.. First of all Scott Mosley has more assist than anyone on that ball team so how could he be a ball hogg, secondly, I agree that Michael Lindon does have heigth and should be under the goal but he is also a great ball handler bringing it down the court, yes I agree that Stuart Stamper is a ball hogg when he gets his moment he slangs airballs and has turnovers like crazy.. I also agree that Matt Everidge is a great ball player he is good with rebounds and down low, Jarrod Amburgey is another great player as well... He rebounds good, he can make three's and plays good team ball.. They have so many good players on the bench that can fill in at any time.. So if you watch the games and know everything bout the team you will see its as much the Coach as anyone.. A good coach should have some plays set up, a good coach should see the mistakes and call some timeouts and change the plays instead of no time outs or wait till they are down so far they can't get back in the lead, and a good coach would put some fire under them instead of letting them trot down the court taking their time when they are down by 10 and only have 2 minutes left in the game I mean really !!! So for all you KCC haters out there keep your opinions to yourself cause you have no idea what its like for these boys to practice day after day walk in a gym where they already feel like loosers cause they have lost the last few games and their self esteem is already low enough then they get down in game and the Coach goes to screaming and yelling at them in front of everyone, on the way home on the bus the Coaches all tell them what they done wrong, and make them work twice as hard at the next practice, they've not had any home games to get wins to help build their confidence back up and then they get on here and have to listen to you all.. So if you have a complaint about a player or a comment to make why don't you call the Board instead of trashing these boys cause I would put either one of KCC's starters up against any of the other high school starters if they had a better coaching staff that wasn't so politically persuaded... At the beginning of season before coach had started this stuff they were winning and playing really great now they can't win cause of certain people and your comments don't help The old sayiing is (IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING GOOD THEN DON'T SAY NOTHING AT ALL) try it sometime cause they have a heart and an ego just like you all..

This is one of the most rediculous posts I have ever seen, not worth thinking about...
wiseman Wrote:This is one of the most rediculous posts I have ever seen, not worth thinking about...

I agree... prolly the biggest waste of time on this site. haha:Clap:
If ya dont have anything good to say...then dont say anything at all....hmmmm...guess Im gonna have to be quiet about Coach Amburgey LOL!!!! ( but just for the book....didnt like him as my son's teacher and sure glad he teaches some other school now....couldnt teach worth CRAP he was always too worried about talking to the girls on the basketball team who seem to be in his room constantly....dont know how they managed to get away with that..sure cant teach and apparently has the same problem with coaching LOL!!!) Ok....I shouldnt have said that BUT its my opionion....KCC does have talent in the PLAYERS!!!
FAIR_GAME_FAN Wrote:If ya dont have anything good to say...then dont say anything at all....hmmmm...guess Im gonna have to be quiet about Coach Amburgey LOL!!!! ( but just for the book....didnt like him as my son's teacher and sure glad he teaches some other school now....couldnt teach worth CRAP he was always too worried about talking to the girls on the basketball team who seem to be in his room constantly....dont know how they managed to get away with that..sure cant teach and apparently has the same problem with coaching LOL!!!) Ok....I shouldnt have said that BUT its my opionion....KCC does have talent in the PLAYERS!!!
You have problems. Your son must have not played much under him, so your mad. As far as his coaching ability, you guys have a good one, great season being 5 and 13 this year and 12 and 15 last year.
FAIR_GAME_FAN Wrote:If ya dont have anything good to say...then dont say anything at all....hmmmm...guess Im gonna have to be quiet about Coach Amburgey LOL!!!! ( but just for the book....didnt like him as my son's teacher and sure glad he teaches some other school now....couldnt teach worth CRAP he was always too worried about talking to the girls on the basketball team who seem to be in his room constantly....dont know how they managed to get away with that..sure cant teach and apparently has the same problem with coaching LOL!!!) Ok....I shouldnt have said that BUT its my opionion....KCC does have talent in the PLAYERS!!!
And as far as girls going into his room, well it's how you look at it. When Honeycutt was at KCC I saw a lot of boys going in and out of his room. Know how do you look at it now?
Hazard lost to PCC several times in the district tourney in the last few years. We didn't give up or fall apart by bashing players or coaches. Not very many people at all wanted to see spulock go but it happened. Morris has come in and done a good job. Face it! Yeah KCC has lost several coaches in the last few years. I think that Honeycutt is the only coach to even take Knott to the regional tourney since 2000 or 2001. Last year Knott lost to JBS and they lost to Cordia the year before in district tourney. Looking at the KHSAA website most losses this year were by less than 10. Give the coaches and players a break... I have buddies whose boys are on the team. They will bounce back soon...

Nice post make a lot of since. I think one reason they like to have coaches in the school is so they can be around their player know what they are doing in school and keep up with their behavior and grades. I doubt you will find a coach that their players dont come in their class rooms and talk to them, I would be worried if they didnt. You must be from the head of kelly fork.
further more....why shouldn't the coaches tell them what they do wrong? how would they learn from their mistakes if they didn't know them? Listen to what you said at the end of your post. "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything!" well, follow your own advice. if you would then, this thread would not be here.
why wouldn't you work twice as hard in practice if you have lost? that's normally what coaches do. what do you expect them to do? order cake and ice cream and celebrate?
#1ukfan Wrote:further more....why shouldn't the coaches tell them what they do wrong? how would they learn from their mistakes if they didn't know them? Listen to what you said at the end of your post. "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything!" well, follow your own advice. if you would then, this thread would not be here.
No, their wouldnt be 2 people on this forum if it was only good things being said about teams. Its just simple, everyone likes to argue. Noone likes to read or say stuff like, Yea they are a good team and thats it. Alot of people just get on here to argue about JBS,Knott, and Hazard. Without them their wouldnt be to many people on this site.
The coach is a waste and the players have been measured and have come up short this year.
Parents making decisions at KCC has been a problem since the early 90's. I can say that cause i played and graduated from KCC in mid 90's and saw it 1st hand. I wish i would have transferred like i was going to after my freshman yr but didn't cause of my friends. There are good people and parents in the county, but a few rotten apples destroy the bunch. There probably isn't a school that has had more talent walk through the doors at KCC with the least to show for it. that is a shame.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Political Power is mad because he doesn;t have any power. How can you say the coach is playing certain players and not others? Each game 10 to 11 players play. I don;t get your point. If you are referring to Stamper then your wrong. He dosn;t shoot the most shots a game and he does get the bench when he does something wrong.

I agree with you. But I dont agree with the person who said that Stuart is a ball hog. He's not. He shoots when he has the shot. He shares the ball too.
JBS Fan Wrote:The coach is a waste and the players have been measured and have come up short this year.

JBS FAN you know nothing about our players. I could match any JBS player with a KCC player. You guys are weak, and Clark is the weakest.
political-power Wrote:As far as my book well now I know why you guys get on here and talk trash bout these kids.. GO BACK AND READ MY POSTS WHERE I TALKED ABOUT NOTHING BUT POLITICS AND HOW THEY WERE TRYING TO BUILD THE ONE KID UP TO MAKE THE PATRIOT TEAM ALL ABOUT HIM.. oh my bad ... you can read you just can't understand can you all...of all the stupid things I've ever dealt with this is by far the worst.... SO TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO GET OFF ON TRASHING KCC AND THEIR LOSSES HEY GO FOR IT.. CAUSE YOU SURE DONT HAVE A LIFE NOW DO YA..Furthermore I said the truth but did you all..NO I THINK NOT... so I think I will end this comment and let you all rattle on cause it's Friday nite and you ain't got nothing else better to do well I do it's called living and someday you all will learn how to read a book and comprehend what you just read and be able to understand the meaning of it. but until then bye all you loosers.... One more thing, KCC might be down but they ain't out.. REMEMBER THAT OK....
Gee whiz pal lossen up its only a game, try midol,,hope you feel better tomorrow.You sound like your really really upset and Im sorry you feel so bad.It will be better tomorrow.KCC is a good team with fine young people in their program.
#1ukfan Wrote:it's always the coach's fault right? it's not that when they can't shoot they get down on thierselves or their inabilty to get back on defense and play d. i mean i think you have to give the coach a break. it's his first year. he will learn. kcc has had 5 coaches in the past 10 years. maybe that is what is wrong with them. maybe they need to give someone a chance!!!

I totally agree with you..This is his first year and I think he has done a very good job with those boys..Being as they only have 3 seniors......Give him a break.....He has got them this far.....
JBS Fan should be the coach.
Yeah really... i haven't seen knott in the regional semifinals in quite some time....So i would like to say to every non believer in Coach Amburgey, get over it!!! lol Beat those dawgs PATS !!!!! :redboxer:
I guess alot of people wish they could have these posts back. District champions first time in 7 years, first regional win in 7 years. Anyone who watches this team and doesn't think we play hard isn't watching the the right game. Anyone who can say this team is selfish definitely isn't watching the right game, 4 people in double digits in the last 3 games. Running the flex offense almost to perfection averaging more than 15 assists per because of it. We'll see what these haters have to say when we're walking onto the court at RUPP!
JBS Fan Wrote:The coach is a waste and the players have been measured and have come up short this year.

You're the waste.......Get over it we beat you..........At least our team can show some good sportsmanship unlike JBS....If we would have lost to you all we would have walked out on that floor and got our trophy with our heads held high....The picture in the paper shows it all.......IF we get beat on Monday so be it......Notice that big if......I bet anything that we don't throw a fit about it like you all......There is always next year.......Lets Go Pats..Hollar Rats and check drawers.....:letsparty
hopefully KCC will get better next season
Originally Posted by political-power
If Knott County Board would hire a Coach that wasn't politically persuaded or if the Board would hire someone who knows how to coach a high school boys basketball team and not assist in other schools or be a former girls coach then yeah Knott County would indeed be undefeated but until then you people are hurting noone but those boys..

[
When is the people in Knott Co. going to wake up and realize what is wrong with our school system and what it take to bring some pride back to knott co. Consider this point and answers these quesitions.

1)Why do we put up with a commander in chief(AKA super) that has more interests in appearing on The Girls Next Door Program than running our school system?
2) Why have a transportation director that if the trust benefited him he would still tell a lie and doesnt have enough sence to get out of the rain
3) we have a bus driver that doesnt even have a GED which is against the law but we hire him cause he keeps his nose up the super's butt all the time.
4) we allow a want a be photographer runs our girls basketball program
5)We have an athletic director that has the personallity of a goat and cant communicate with anybody.
what is everyones thoughts. are we going to continue to put up with this or are we going to bond together for a change.
FUNNY!!!!! you are getting a dose of your own medicine.. You have said things about other teams all year and now it's coming home.Smile
UKBLUE Wrote:Originally Posted by political-power
If Knott County Board would hire a Coach that wasn't politically persuaded or if the Board would hire someone who knows how to coach a high school boys basketball team and not assist in other schools or be a former girls coach then yeah Knott County would indeed be undefeated but until then you people are hurting noone but those boys..

[
When is the people in Knott Co. going to wake up and realize what is wrong with our school system and what it take to bring some pride back to knott co. Consider this point and answers these quesitions.

1)Why do we put up with a commander in chief(AKA super) that has more interests in appearing on The Girls Next Door Program than running our school system?
2) Why have a transportation director that if the trust benefited him he would still tell a lie and doesnt have enough sence to get out of the rain
3) we have a bus driver that doesnt even have a GED which is against the law but we hire him cause he keeps his nose up the super's butt all the time.
4) we allow a want a be photographer runs our girls basketball program
5)We have an athletic director that has the personallity of a goat and cant communicate with anybody.
what is everyones thoughts. are we going to continue to put up with this or are we going to bond together for a change.
#1 100% In agree #2 I think he is coming to his sences alot better, but #1 has a big influence on him. #3 I don't know who this is, but it does'nt matter,the law is the law,but they (board) work it any way to suit themelves.#4 60% true. #5 Who is the AD.