Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why are there so many complaints about KCC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I read all the comments on here about each and every game that KCC plays and I think it is shame to those boys how you team players and/or parents can get on here and start fights amongst each other with your comments when in fact you are nothing but jealous of either the team player or the parent of that player.. It is a known fact that KCC has a great team of boys on their starting five and they have a great team of boys on their bench.. I think if everyone knew the situation and the school and of course the county they would not be on here insulting these kids and causing more arguments between them unless that is what they are wanting!! If Knott County Board would hire a Coach that wasn't politically persuaded or if the Board would hire someone who knows how to coach a high school boys basketball team and not assist in other schools or be a former girls coach then yeah Knott County would in deed be undefeated but until then you people are hurting noone but those boys.. I mean some comments are true and some are too far fetched.. First of all Scott Mosley has more assist than anyone on that ball team so how could he be a ball hogg, secondly, I agree that Michael Lindon does have heigth and should be under the goal but he is also a great ball handler bringing it down the court, yes I agree that Stuart Stamper is a ball hogg when he gets his moment he slangs airballs and has turnovers like crazy.. I also agree that Matt Everidge is a great ball player he is good with rebounds and down low, Jarrod Amburgey is another great player as well... He rebounds good, he can make three's and plays good team ball.. They have so many good players on the bench that can fill in at any time.. So if you watch the games and know everything bout the team you will see its as much the Coach as anyone.. A good coach should have some plays set up, a good coach should see the mistakes and call some timeouts and change the plays instead of no time outs or wait till they are down so far they can't get back in the lead, and a good coach would put some fire under them instead of letting them trot down the court taking their time when they are down by 10 and only have 2 minutes left in the game I mean really !!! So for all you KCC haters out there keep your opinions to yourself cause you have no idea what its like for these boys to practice day after day walk in a gym where they already feel like loosers cause they have lost the last few games and their self esteem is already low enough then they get down in game and the Coach goes to screaming and yelling at them in front of everyone, on the way home on the bus the Coaches all tell them what they done wrong, and make them work twice as hard at the next practice, they've not had any home games to get wins to help build their confidence back up and then they get on here and have to listen to you all.. So if you have a complaint about a player or a comment to make why don't you call the Board instead of trashing these boys cause I would put either one of KCC's starters up against any of the other high school starters if they had a better coaching staff that wasn't so politically persuaded... At the beginning of season before coach had started this stuff they were winning and playing really great now they can't win cause of certain people and your comments don't help The old sayiing is (IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING GOOD THEN DON'T SAY NOTHING AT ALL) try it sometime cause they have a heart and an ego just like you all..
So your saying their losing because people talking bad about them? OK
I would also like to say to the KCC team that you guys are great players!! So what if some of your teammates are jealous or their parents are jealous or people on here love to trash you..SO WHAT!!! What you need to remember is that you know how to play ball and you know how to win.. Don't listen to these bad posts on here or don't let your jealous teammate get to you.. Get out on that court and do what you know how to do, do what you love to do, do what comes natural to you...PLAY BALL and guess what if you loose it's ok your fans will still respect you whether anyone else does or not....We know the situation and we understand.. To you 3 Seniors, LINDON,MOSLEY, and EVERIDGE this is your last year so make it count, for yourselves, no one else, you have worked to hard and come to far to let a few losses take you under..And for you freshmans, you need to remember you have three more year so have fun while you're working hard don't try to don't let it discourage you if you're on the bench or on the court cause you will have next year.. But boys play teamball and have fun with it cause win or loose you are still special boys to alot of people.... And to you Coaches, lighten up!! give em a break so what if they're not making you look as good as Tubby!! they are already down enough without you all trashing them and pointing out all of their flaws instead of using your mouth to help them why don't you try a new technique called coaching strategies!! They know they lost they know what people are gonna say and what people think so why even hurt them any more than they are already.. Why not try a pep talk, or a different practice technique, or how about some new plays, anything to show effort but you guys don't do that instead you use them to take the blame well a kid can only play the way they are coached so what's that say about you all..
political-power Wrote:If Knott County Board would hire a Coach that wasn't politically persuaded or if the Board would hire someone who knows how to coach a high school boys basketball team and not assist in other schools or be a former girls coach then yeah Knott County would indeed be undefeated but until then you people are hurting noone but those boys..

:yikes:
Cucumber Wrote:So your saying their losing because people talking bad about them? OK
No , I'm saying they know they are loosing but all you people on here don't have to keep trashing them as individuals like it was one certain players fault or something and furthermore what school do you play at cause I've not known of one that has never had a loosing streak before so if you can't comprehend what you read then why comment...
political-power Wrote:Well I read all the comments on here about each and every game that KCC plays and I think it is shame to those boys how you team players and/or parents can get on here and start fights amongst each other with your comments when in fact you are nothing but jealous of either the team player or the parent of that player.. It is a known fact that KCC has a great team of boys on their starting five and they have a great team of boys on their bench.. I think if everyone knew the situation and the school and of course the county they would not be on here insulting these kids and causing more arguments between them unless that is what they are wanting!! If Knott County Board would hire a Coach that wasn't politically persuaded or if the Board would hire someone who knows how to coach a high school boys basketball team and not assist in other schools or be a former girls coach then yeah Knott County would in deed be undefeated but until then you people are hurting noone but those boys.. I mean some comments are true and some are too far fetched.. First of all Scott Mosley has more assist than anyone on that ball team so how could he be a ball hogg, secondly, I agree that Michael Lindon does have heigth and should be under the goal but he is also a great ball handler bringing it down the court, yes I agree that Stuart Stamper is a ball hogg when he gets his moment he slangs airballs and has turnovers like crazy.. I also agree that Matt Everidge is a great ball player he is good with rebounds and down low, Jarrod Amburgey is another great player as well... He rebounds good, he can make three's and plays good team ball.. They have so many good players on the bench that can fill in at any time.. So if you watch the games and know everything bout the team you will see its as much the Coach as anyone.. A good coach should have some plays set up, a good coach should see the mistakes and call some timeouts and change the plays instead of no time outs or wait till they are down so far they can't get back in the lead, and a good coach would put some fire under them instead of letting them trot down the court taking their time when they are down by 10 and only have 2 minutes left in the game I mean really !!! So for all you KCC haters out there keep your opinions to yourself cause you have no idea what its like for these boys to practice day after day walk in a gym where they already feel like loosers cause they have lost the last few games and their self esteem is already low enough then they get down in game and the Coach goes to screaming and yelling at them in front of everyone, on the way home on the bus the Coaches all tell them what they done wrong, and make them work twice as hard at the next practice, they've not had any home games to get wins to help build their confidence back up and then they get on here and have to listen to you all.. So if you have a complaint about a player or a comment to make why don't you call the Board instead of trashing these boys cause I would put either one of KCC's starters up against any of the other high school starters if they had a better coaching staff that wasn't so politically persuaded... At the beginning of season before coach had started this stuff they were winning and playing really great now they can't win cause of certain people and your comments don't help The old sayiing is (IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING GOOD THEN DON'T SAY NOTHING AT ALL) try it sometime cause they have a heart and an ego just like you all..

You just said if you can't say something good then don't say nothing at all. Read your own post again. You just talked bad about a couple of the players in yourself in that book you just wrote.
Courtside Wrote:You just said if you can't say something good then don't say nothing at all. Read your own post again. You just talked bad about a couple of the players in yourself in that book you just wrote.
No buddy I spoke good of each player which was the truth cause I know you're talking about the ball hogg comment and it is the truth but evidently you all don't comprehend what you read at all cause what i said was you all get on here trashing these boys like they don't know they lost the game or like you all want them to be hated by everyone and that's not right.. You all talk bout them like they are scum of the earth no they're not.. So what if they have lost a few life will go on for them just like it does for you..
Courtside Wrote:You just said if you can't say something good then don't say nothing at all. Read your own post again. You just talked bad about a couple of the players in yourself in that book you just wrote.

Courtside - You are so right about Political Power. Also go back to his post on Jan. 3, 2007 under KCC-PCC. He was trash-talking these players even then. Maybe this person/ parent should practice what he or she preaches.
Political Power I've often asked myself the same questions.. These kids get on here and love to bash n trash each other but you never see them on here when they're the ones in the loosing bracket. Don't waste your time trust me, this is suppose to be a good thing for kids but instead they have destroyed it with their awful threads. But it is a great point and those boys do need to enjoy the season and not worry about these posts cause they love that it's KCC and not them this time.
political-power Wrote:No buddy I spoke good of each player which was the truth cause I know you're talking about the ball hogg comment and it is the truth but evidently you all don't comprehend what you read at all cause what i said was you all get on here trashing these boys like they don't know they lost the game or like you all want them to be hated by everyone and that's not right.. You all talk bout them like they are scum of the earth no they're not.. So what if they have lost a few life will go on for them just like it does for you..

Go to the comment made by political power on Jan 8 under Breathitt and KCC. It is also talking about players. Most of his/her comments are trashtalking KCC's players. Political power you have to support players not trash talk them - any of them. It don't do the players any good for you to trashtalk the coach either. They are kids.
As far as my book well now I know why you guys get on here and talk trash bout these kids.. GO BACK AND READ MY POSTS WHERE I TALKED ABOUT NOTHING BUT POLITICS AND HOW THEY WERE TRYING TO BUILD THE ONE KID UP TO MAKE THE PATRIOT TEAM ALL ABOUT HIM.. oh my bad ... you can read you just can't understand can you all...of all the stupid things I've ever dealt with this is by far the worst.... SO TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO GET OFF ON TRASHING KCC AND THEIR LOSSES HEY GO FOR IT.. CAUSE YOU SURE DONT HAVE A LIFE NOW DO YA..Furthermore I said the truth but did you all..NO I THINK NOT... so I think I will end this comment and let you all rattle on cause it's Friday nite and you ain't got nothing else better to do well I do it's called living and someday you all will learn how to read a book and comprehend what you just read and be able to understand the meaning of it. but until then bye all you loosers.... One more thing, KCC might be down but they ain't out.. REMEMBER THAT OK....
political-power Wrote:As far as my book well now I know why you guys get on here and talk trash bout these kids.. GO BACK AND READ MY POSTS WHERE I TALKED ABOUT NOTHING BUT POLITICS AND HOW THEY WERE TRYING TO BUILD THE ONE KID UP TO MAKE THE PATRIOT TEAM ALL ABOUT HIM.. oh my bad ... you can read you just can't understand can you all...of all the stupid things I've ever dealt with this is by far the worst.... SO TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO GET OFF ON TRASHING KCC AND THEIR LOSSES HEY GO FOR IT.. CAUSE YOU SURE DONT HAVE A LIFE NOW DO YA..Furthermore I said the truth but did you all..NO I THINK NOT... so I think I will end this comment and let you all rattle on cause it's Friday nite and you ain't got nothing else better to do well I do it's called living and someday you all will learn how to read a book and comprehend what you just read and be able to understand the meaning of it. but until then bye all you loosers.... One more thing, KCC might be down but they ain't out.. REMEMBER THAT OK....

No one but you is trashtalking anyone or anything. If parents would stay out of things then players would come together as a team. Usually parents are out at Walmart or Kmart on a friday night or watching a ballgame instead of trashtalking their kid's coach and teammates on the internet. Hazard parents have more class than this. I would say MOST of Knott's have too.
political-power Wrote:Well I read all the comments on here about each and every game that KCC plays and I think it is shame to those boys how you team players and/or parents can get on here and start fights amongst each other with your comments when in fact you are nothing but jealous of either the team player or the parent of that player.. It is a known fact that KCC has a great team of boys on their starting five and they have a great team of boys on their bench.. I think if everyone knew the situation and the school and of course the county they would not be on here insulting these kids and causing more arguments between them unless that is what they are wanting!! If Knott County Board would hire a Coach that wasn't politically persuaded or if the Board would hire someone who knows how to coach a high school boys basketball team and not assist in other schools or be a former girls coach then yeah Knott County would in deed be undefeated but until then you people are hurting noone but those boys.. I mean some comments are true and some are too far fetched.. First of all Scott Mosley has more assist than anyone on that ball team so how could he be a ball hogg, secondly, I agree that Michael Lindon does have heigth and should be under the goal but he is also a great ball handler bringing it down the court, yes I agree that Stuart Stamper is a ball hogg when he gets his moment he slangs airballs and has turnovers like crazy.. I also agree that Matt Everidge is a great ball player he is good with rebounds and down low, Jarrod Amburgey is another great player as well... He rebounds good, he can make three's and plays good team ball.. They have so many good players on the bench that can fill in at any time.. So if you watch the games and know everything bout the team you will see its as much the Coach as anyone.. A good coach should have some plays set up, a good coach should see the mistakes and call some timeouts and change the plays instead of no time outs or wait till they are down so far they can't get back in the lead, and a good coach would put some fire under them instead of letting them trot down the court taking their time when they are down by 10 and only have 2 minutes left in the game I mean really !!! So for all you KCC haters out there keep your opinions to yourself cause you have no idea what its like for these boys to practice day after day walk in a gym where they already feel like loosers cause they have lost the last few games and their self esteem is already low enough then they get down in game and the Coach goes to screaming and yelling at them in front of everyone, on the way home on the bus the Coaches all tell them what they done wrong, and make them work twice as hard at the next practice, they've not had any home games to get wins to help build their confidence back up and then they get on here and have to listen to you all.. So if you have a complaint about a player or a comment to make why don't you call the Board instead of trashing these boys cause I would put either one of KCC's starters up against any of the other high school starters if they had a better coaching staff that wasn't so politically persuaded... At the beginning of season before coach had started this stuff they were winning and playing really great now they can't win cause of certain people and your comments don't help The old sayiing is (IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING GOOD THEN DON'T SAY NOTHING AT ALL) try it sometime cause they have a heart and an ego just like you all..

This post is hypocritical. You should take some of your own advice. You completely trashed the coaching staff and called one of the players a "ballhog", Isn't that what your condemning in your post. These forums are meant to voice opinions and sometimes you may not like those opinions. You can't tell people to keep their opinions to themselves on a website devoted solely for that reason. If you don't like what you read, then don't logon. We still live a a free society with free speech. You condemn people for trashing the program but yet you get on here and trash the coach, do you think that helps their situation? I do understand where you are coming from and I'm not trying to say anything bad about you at all, I admire what your doing. I just think that there is a better way to handle it. I can see that your passionate and I admire that also and I see your intentions are in the right place. Telling people to keep their opinions to themselves in just going to make people upset.
The reason there is so much talk about Knott is because of your first comment, Stuff like that is being said.
Political Power is mad because he doesn;t have any power. How can you say the coach is playing certain players and not others? Each game 10 to 11 players play. I don;t get your point. If you are referring to Stamper then your wrong. He dosn;t shoot the most shots a game and he does get the bench when he does something wrong.

as a fan of kcc and knowing the coaches and players for a long time now this is my opionion on this. I agree with most of what you say on this but some things is kinda annoying me. first you say don't say nothing bad about anybody. then just before that you go and talk down the coach, he is a good person. and maybe you should give him some time before you talk him down. Second i don't think there is politics at kcc. so maybe you should shut your mouth on that. and last you called stuart stamper a ball hogg once again if you don't have something good to say don't say it. i will admit that he doesn't know when to pass or when to shoot, but that doesn't make him a ball hogg. It makes him a kid, you get on here and make it out his a ball hogg. The whole team is young the coach is a young. Give them time, They're not going to come in and win the region. they have the ablitity to do this but they are young.
thier are people on here on both the girls and boys side saying kcc couchs are controled well lets see kcc couch has benched stamper more than a few times this year and pulled out another player. Stamper is a player he sometimes make stupid decsision but what player dont, but kcc is struggling why i dont know but i have heard a lot about thier staff i have watched everage rip down 10 rebounds and the stats say 0 and score 12 points and have him down for 4 however the head and assit couch work good together i think tim parks former clay county player could someday make a great head couch at kcc or any other school
There politics in every school. I'm not saying that is the reason Kcc is losing. The reason their losing is because the kids dont wanna put a 110 % into it and part of that is the coaches fault. Its both their faults, You cant blame one without the other.
thepasttime Wrote:thier are people on here on both the girls and boys side saying kcc couchs are controled well lets see kcc couch has benched stamper more than a few times this year and pulled out another player. Stamper is a player he sometimes make stupid decsision but what player dont, but kcc is struggling why i dont know but i have heard a lot about thier staff i have watched everage rip down 10 rebounds and the stats say 0 and score 12 points and have him down for 4 however the head and assit couch work good together i think tim parks former clay county player could someday make a great head couch at kcc or any other school

How would you know about KCC stats??????? I don't think that these coaches would fudge stats. Why would they? As of now they haven't reported stats to the KHSAA. Look at the KHSAA website. No reason to fudge stats if no one sees them except coaches......
political-power Wrote:As far as my book well now I know why you guys get on here and talk trash bout these kids.. GO BACK AND READ MY POSTS WHERE I TALKED ABOUT NOTHING BUT POLITICS AND HOW THEY WERE TRYING TO BUILD THE ONE KID UP TO MAKE THE PATRIOT TEAM ALL ABOUT HIM.. oh my bad ... you can read you just can't understand can you all...of all the stupid things I've ever dealt with this is by far the worst.... SO TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO GET OFF ON TRASHING KCC AND THEIR LOSSES HEY GO FOR IT.. CAUSE YOU SURE DONT HAVE A LIFE NOW DO YA..Furthermore I said the truth but did you all..NO I THINK NOT... so I think I will end this comment and let you all rattle on cause it's Friday nite and you ain't got nothing else better to do well I do it's called living and someday you all will learn how to read a book and comprehend what you just read and be able to understand the meaning of it. but until then bye all you loosers.... One more thing, KCC might be down but they ain't out.. REMEMBER THAT OK....

If you have a kid that plays on KCC's team ... tell them i am sorry for such embarrassing posts.... I just want you to know that I personally don't think KCC could be undefeated regardless of there coach ... they have good potential, but not that good of potential. There are a lot of things you could do to make the team better, i know, i know the team better than you think and it is sad their record is so bad. But as for blaming ppl for gettin on here and talkin trash bout them... That is Fair Game at BGR. The Hicks kid from Hazard is critisized all the time by ppl... also the Stepps and JBS get it ALL THE TIME but i haven't seen one of the Hazard or JBS parents get on here and fly off like you have... i am sorry. i don't want to sound disrespectful but there is more trash talk out there than just pointed at KCC... and If you Can't Handle the pressure... try a different forum:redboxer: !!!! I LOVE BLUEGRASS RIVALS!!!! :rockon:
King Wrote:If you have a kid that plays on KCC's team ... tell them i am sorry for such embarrassing posts.... I just want you to know that I personally don't think KCC could be undefeated regardless of there coach ... they have good potential, but not that good of potential. There are a lot of things you could do to make the team better, i know, i know the team better than you think and it is sad their record is so bad. But as for blaming ppl for gettin on here and talkin trash bout them... That is Fair Game at BGR. The Hicks kid from Hazard is critisized all the time by ppl... also the Stepps and JBS get it ALL THE TIME but i haven't seen one of the Hazard or JBS parents get on here and fly off like you have... i am sorry. i don't want to sound disrespectful but there is more trash talk out there than just pointed at KCC... and If you Can't Handle the pressure... try a different forum:redboxer: !!!! I LOVE BLUEGRASS RIVALS!!!! :rockon:

i agree with this post.
allthewayhome Wrote:i agree with this post.

Thanks!!! I'm not trying to be disrespectful... Just tryin' to get a point across.
it's always the coach's fault right? it's not that when they can't shoot they get down on thierselves or their inabilty to get back on defense and play d. i mean i think you have to give the coach a break. it's his first year. he will learn. kcc has had 5 coaches in the past 10 years. maybe that is what is wrong with them. maybe they need to give someone a chance!!!
#1ukfan Wrote:it's always the coach's fault right? it's not that when they can't shoot they get down on thierselves or their inabilty to get back on defense and play d. i mean i think you have to give the coach a break. it's his first year. he will learn. kcc has had 5 coaches in the past 10 years. maybe that is what is wrong with them. maybe they need to give someone a chance!!!

amen

I have never heard anything this stupid. Are you saying that if someone is an assistant coach or a girls head coach they cant become boys coaches? Then where do you get them from? Talk about not talking bad about people, you have just completely trashed the whole coaching staff, guess thats better than trashing the players. How are you suspossed to coach if you dont tell them what they are doing wrong and try to have hard practices and correct it how do you get better? How can you say they give no effort? They are seen scouting all over the region, are constantly in the gym and from what I have heard treat all their player the same and treat them well. Give them a chance to get it turned around.
in a perv. post i said that i had watched everage and other players put up more stats than credited for i didnt say anything about kcc couchs fudging stats if you look at kcc bench they have a head couch an assit couch and a stats person. I think kcc couchs are doing a good job a couch cant win games for the players.
the way i see it kcc could have a decent ball team. They will not give a coach a chance at that high school. If a coach doesnt do good after the first year then he is gone. I think it takes time for a coach to get the team to were he wants them. Im sure coach amburgey wont be there next season either. If they dont do good after their first year they are gone..Just a political thing!
NightFlier Wrote:I have never heard anything this stupid. Are you saying that if someone is an assistant coach or a girls head coach they cant become boys coaches? Then where do you get them from? Talk about not talking bad about people, you have just completely trashed the whole coaching staff, guess thats better than trashing the players. How are you suspossed to coach if you dont tell them what they are doing wrong and try to have hard practices and correct it how do you get better? How can you say they give no effort? They are seen scouting all over the region, are constantly in the gym and from what I have heard treat all their player the same and treat them well. Give them a chance to get it turned around.

I agree the last 4 ballgames i have been to the coach and assistant coach for kcc have been at the games watching, analyzing each of their future opponents.... i would bet my life they go watch JBS and Hazard tonight and learn somethin else out about each of them... i think they are trying pretty hard but there is tooo much bickering and fighting amongst the parents, players, and upper administration at kcc for them to get their own job done... They just need to suck it up ignore everyone else and listen to what their coach is telling them cuz maybe he does know something.:ChairHit:
I agree with you 100% konan. The seniors, Lindon, Mosley, and Everage have had 3 different coaches in their 4 years of high school. That is just ridiculous. You are never gonna win if you change coaches every year. You have to give a coach a couple of years to build and familiarize the players with the style of basketball they will be playing. However, if the coach does not have a breakout season in his first year, then he gets fired. So IMO KCC's success goes alot farther than the coaches and the players even though they carry most of the load. I think that if KCC can keep Coach Amburgey for a couple of years than they will get things turned around and become a winning program once again. The talent is there, but you can't blame the players completely when they get a different look every season.
I have no idea about the situation at KCC, but in my opinion, if a parent is worried about what a player reads about him or herself on here, they should just not let their child on here to read what is being said. If they don't see it, how can it bother him? From a parents point of view, my son doesn't get on here and read what people write about him, and that tickles me to death. If a kid is at his house at 9 or 10 at night reading this stuff and gets upset with it. Then my friends, it is not the coaches or couches fault. No politics in the programs fault. Not even the ball hog players fault. It falls on the parents. Supervise them like a parent instead of letting the internet be a babysitter.
Pages: 1 2