Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 58 Paintsville 57
Redneck Wrote:They only have one senior. You are right Doc, the rest are Juniors. It just kills me that they play like this against top teams then when they play low ranked teams they play like crap. I just don't see how they can look at themselves in the mirror, I would be embarassed to play 3, THREE top 15 teams in the state and take em to the wire then turn around and barely beat some of the weak teams they have beat. I know a win is a win, but playin to the competition is a very bad habit to get in like EKY Sportster said. How can you get in any kind of rythm when you play like that, you can't. I have seen these boys play like they are capable and I honestly believe that they are at least 15 points better than anyone else in the 15th region, except for maybe Valley. They need to sit down and decide whether they wanna play in Rupp Arena and win a couple games while they're there, or if they wanna rent a couple rooms and go watch Shelby Valley represent the 15th region.

:Clap: You are absolutely right!!
Didn't expect this game to be that close. Paintsville didn't play the best game hanging onto the ball, which was evident by the 16 turnovers. I heard that they started the game 0-12 to begin the first quater from the field. I think they could've won this game, and actually should've. Just let it slip through their fingers. Congrats to SL on the victory and to Paintsville for a good, hard fought game.
Congrats to South Laurel
Redneck Wrote:They only have one senior. You are right Doc, the rest are Juniors. It just kills me that they play like this against top teams then when they play low ranked teams they play like crap. I just don't see how they can look at themselves in the mirror, I would be embarassed to play 3, THREE top 15 teams in the state and take em to the wire then turn around and barely beat some of the weak teams they have beat. I know a win is a win, but playin to the competition is a very bad habit to get in like EKY Sportster said. How can you get in any kind of rythm when you play like that, you can't. I have seen these boys play like they are capable and I honestly believe that they are at least 15 points better than anyone else in the 15th region, except for maybe Valley. They need to sit down and decide whether they wanna play in Rupp Arena and win a couple games while they're there, or if they wanna rent a couple rooms and go watch Shelby Valley represent the 15th region.
They actually have 4 seniors, 1 that starts, 1 that usually gets quality PT off the bench, and 2 that know what their role's are.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I am not saying they wouldn't, but I wouldn't count on it either! A lot of it would depend on who's night it was. After you get to a certain level of talent, any team can knock off the other on a given night!

I think he was being sarcastic.:thatsfunn
congrats south laurel
MRC06 Wrote:Yeah, but they're only on top of their game like 1% of the time. The rest, they are mediocre. This team has never lived up to the hype and never will. If BMR can't lead this team to win one measly 15th region title, then maybe he's not the coach you all think he is.

Now there is a scientific statement if I have ever seen one.

It is pretty clear to me, that you don't know much. Good luck in the future. While we do believe Coach Runyon is a good coach, it certainly isn't us who made him one -- his record stand alone.

The Tigers, on the other hand, are easily the best team in this region. If we are going to discuss mediocrity, then we need to discuss the schedules of the teams that you think are so much better than Paintsville.
IRISH4 Wrote:Didn't expect this game to be that close. Paintsville didn't play the best game hanging onto the ball, which was evident by the 16 turnovers. I heard that they started the game 0-12 to begin the first quater from the field. I think they could've won this game, and actually should've. Just let it slip through their fingers. Congrats to SL on the victory and to Paintsville for a good, hard fought game.

You are right. The Tigers played a terrible first quarter, and also took some bad shots in the third quarter. Overall, they played very good defense.

On a side note, the officiating wasn't too good. Ty Proffit, a very good player, was very much protected all game. He had only one foul called on him the entire game. Also, South Laurel walks more than Ghandi.

Nonetheless, the officials missed some calls on Paintsville too, as usual, but South Laurel is a very good team, and they are certain to be a frontrunner come March.
The Guru Wrote:They actually have 4 seniors, 1 that starts, 1 that usually gets quality PT off the bench, and 2 that know what their role's are.

Yeah, I thought Keeton was a Junior and I completely forgot about Ross and Meek. SO to those three boys a apologize.
MRC06 Wrote:Yeah, but they're only on top of their game like 1% of the time. The rest, they are mediocre. This team has never lived up to the hype and never will. If BMR can't lead this team to win one measly 15th region title, then maybe he's not the coach you all think he is.

Whoa....now those are some pretty lofty words there! I think I'd go easy on the BMR bashing!
Good job to both Paintsville and South Laurel

Great post, especially the last few lines!!! :Clap: