Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 75 - Shelby Valley 72 (OT)
I thought someone had referred to a video of the situation. An objective investigation of that video, if it exists, should be all that's required.
I think Hicks knows he overreacted. Just curious how you all would react if a Pikeville assistant slammed a basketball in your stomach and call you a prick?
He knows he list his cool. Who knows what will happen .
hootie Wrote:I think Hicks knows he overreacted. Just curious how you all would react if a Pikeville assistant slammed a basketball in your stomach and call you a prick?

IF I were a 15-25 year old with no responsibilities, nothing to lose, and no self control,,,I would do exactly what he did!! If I were an educator, a coach and responsible leader of young men, I would put THEM FIRST instead of myself. I would think about their interest, what I was really teaching them, about the up coming post season,,, and how my actions could get them hurt or harm their chances and distract them from achieving their goals,,,, and at the most maybe smart off back at someone but then see that all my boys made it safely back to the locker room!!
hootie Wrote:I think Hicks knows he overreacted. Just curious how you all would react if a Pikeville assistant slammed a basketball in your stomach and call you a prick?

This is obviously Hicks' side of the story. Not buying it. Every SV game I've watched, Hicks is a lunatic. Why would anyone from Pikeville staff want to start something after that win. Sorry, Hicks is lying if he is saying this is what started it.

If it's true then he should accept it
Well I guess that would depend on if the person actually IS a prick? Wouldn't it?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Well I guess that would depend on if the person actually IS a prick? Wouldn't it?

I don't know who called that basketball coach a prick. What I want to know is, who called that prick a basketball coach!!!

J/K, this is an old joke. I don't know a thing about the SV coach!:truestory:
Looks like ole Pville didn't get their wish
DonaldDuck Wrote:Looks like ole Pville didn't get their wish
Meaning?
shady21 Wrote:if i were a 15-25 year old with no responsibilities, nothing to lose, and no self control,,,i would do exactly what he did!! If i were an educator, a coach and responsible leader of young men, i would put them first instead of myself. I would think about their interest, what i was really teaching them, about the up coming post season,,, and how my actions could get them hurt or harm their chances and distract them from achieving their goals,,,, and at the most maybe smart off back at someone but then see that all my boys made it safely back to the locker room!!

............*
jetpilot Wrote:I don't know who called that basketball coach a prick. What I want to know is, who called that prick a basketball coach!!!

J/K, this is an old joke. I don't know a thing about the SV coach!:truestory:

This made me LOL. Short, simple and to the point. I'm impressed.
Looks like some of this was more or less fabricated. Nothing more than a little shoving. Hicks hasn't been suspended and remains the SV coach
K40 Wrote:Looks like some of this was more or less fabricated. Nothing more than a little shoving. Hicks hasn't been suspended and remains the SV coach

Not quite over yet, but yes a lot of people could look really foolish when this is all said and done. Like I said earlier neither side has much to be proud of in this situation.
Oh, I'm sure it was an embarrassing situation for both parties.
It didn't appear to be anymore than what Coach Cal did, just more people in closer quarters. With that being said, I will say I was quite proud of Coach Williams, he man handled one player quite easily and removed him from the court. His assistants however were running around screaming and agitating the situation. I for one would like to see them play again. I think Coach Williams is a good coach and would probably do better if not pressured by assistants. I have noticed that teams now have 5-6 assistants on the bench,is this really necessary? As for Coach Hicks,his style of coaching is his,I could care less. I am there to watch the game not the coach. I don't envy any high school coachs job. Coach Williams has his style,coach McCoy has his,etc. I feel in reading previous posts that there is another game being played and it is not basketball.
You're right. Jim Hicks was never who the community wanted and they're still hanging on to the thought that they could get Elisha back. Most would like to see Hicks fired.
Mjolnir Wrote:It didn't appear to be anymore than what Coach Cal did, just more people in closer quarters. With that being said, I will say I was quite proud of Coach Williams, he man handled one player quite easily and removed him from the court. His assistants however were running around screaming and agitating the situation. I for one would like to see them play again. I think Coach Williams is a good coach and would probably do better if not pressured by assistants. I have noticed that teams now have 5-6 assistants on the bench,is this really necessary? As for Coach Hicks,his style of coaching is his,I could care less. I am there to watch the game not the coach. I don't envy any high school coachs job. Coach Williams has his style,coach McCoy has his,etc. I feel in reading previous posts that there is another game being played and it is not basketball.

Agreed. Like you, most people are there to watch the game, or more importantly the kids who play it. Hick's needs to realize it is about them, not what they can do for him.