Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 75 - Shelby Valley 72 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Evidently this one ended with some extra-curricular activity
Heard it was a wild finish !!! Pikeville / Shelby Valley games are alway heated
What happened?
Big Don Wrote:What happened?

Not sure ... We had middle school game tonight didn't get to make it ... I'm sure someone on here has some insight
At Valley??
Yes
Ridiculous display by Valleys coach. He needs to go.
I heard some Bball player's mom's knuckled it out in the parking lot. Tell me this is not true.
Unfortunate timing for any event to go down with Coach Hicks right now with all the recent discussion on here about him. Attempt to keep the discussion as responsible as possible. Sad this event overshadowed what seemed like a great game.
Shelby Valley coach displayed some inexcusable actions tonight. During and after the game. Administration was in attendance and hopefully this will be address.

No need for that behavior in the game if basketball or in the class room.
Was there a physical altercation?
K40 Wrote:Was there a physical altercation?
Yes.
Elaboration, please???
Leonidas Wrote:Elaboration, please???
There is an investigation ongoing. To my knowledge, Hicks from Valley was going after a Pikeville assistant coach yelling and cursing when a Pikeville player stepped in between them, and he punched the Pikeville player in the face. Regardless of what was said prior to, etc, striking a student athlete is INEXCUSABLE. I do NOT know what, if anything, transpired to make Hicks think he could or should follow the Pikeville assistant cursing him like that. I was there but did not see the lead up to it, only the end of the altercation and a Valley basketball player basically carrying Hicks screaming and kicking to the Valley locker room in the midst of the melee.
And want to add, this was actually a good game prior to all the silliness.
Cops watched the video and Hicks did not hit any kid or anyone for that matter.
hootie Wrote:Cops watched the video and Hicks did not hit any kid or anyone for that matter.

Glad that didn't happen , sometimes coaching get caught up in the heat of things especially in a rival game.
hootie Wrote:Cops watched the video and Hicks did not hit any kid or anyone for that matter.
Then who punched the Pikeville player? Granted, my angle was not the best in the world and people were milling around, but it sure looked like he was the one who hit him.
Pikeville will be tough come region time
Hicks was out of line. We also need to put out several Pikeville fans were out of line also. Small groups from both sides have lost site of what this was.......a game. I was close to the altercation and did not see Hicks punch anyone. I have no idea what started it but it looked like a verbal exchange between Hicks and Jones from Pikeville. It was great game and both teams played hard.
Someone from Pikeville was recording it on a cell phone. So there won't be any he said she said. It will be proved by watching the film. I'm not saying one way or the other but everyone will know by today what really happened. If he threw a punch and hit anyone he should be held by the same standards as a fan striking a referee in Kentucky it should be a felony!

I love how vicious rumors get started that aren't true! Next thing you know you will hear that Hicks body slammed Bart and then Booher splashed Hicks off the top bleacher.
Panthers Dominate Wrote:Someone from Pikeville was recording it on a cell phone. So there won't be any he said she said. It will be proved by watching the film. I'm not saying one way or the other but everyone will know by today what really happened. If he threw a punch and hit anyone he should be held by the same standards as a fan striking a referee in Kentucky it should be a felony!

If it is proven that Hicks didn't hit anyone what do you think should happen to the people and player that said he did?
I was in attendance last night and watched the entire game along with the hand shakes.

SV coach shook everyone's hands then made comments to a Pikeville assistant and proceeded to attack. SV coach was restrained broke free again and proceeded to attack again when a Pikeville player was in the way so he threw punches toward the players.

Not rumors. SV coach doesn't need to be coaching. IMO
Pikeville Wrote:I was in attendance last night and watched the entire game along with the hand shakes.

SV coach shook everyone's hands then made comments to a Pikeville assistant and proceeded to attack. SV coach was restrained broke free again and proceeded to attack again when a Pikeville player was in the way so he threw punches toward the players.

Not rumors. SV coach doesn't need to be coaching. IMO

Says the person with the username Pikeville.

You honestly trying to say Lee Jones was an innocent bystander?
Glory Days Wrote:I love how vicious rumors get started that aren't true! Next thing you know you will hear that Hicks body slammed Bart and then Booher splashed Hicks off the top bleacher.
Yea and Booher wasn't even there lol , he was over at Johns Creek helping coach Pikeville Middle School team in county finals . This issue will be he said she said and people love to feed off these situation. Hopefully a postitive outcome will be made of this. We have to thing about the kids envolved!!
Mr Napier was in attendance and witnessed the incident.

Administration will make the appropriate decision.
Until evidence comes out one way or another, let's focus on the game. I will only say what I saw. And I SAW Hicks acting like a raving lunatic towards a Pikeville player. What was said/happened prior, I can't say. But I do know he basically was carried kicking and screaming to the valley locker room.

Big shout out to Clay Slone from Pikeville. Dropped 28 points and many huge shots right when Pikeville needed them most. Total team effort, but that kid was playing his heart out.
We sure lost our focus on this one.... For Pikeville to win the District and get the #1 seed, after all the players lost and injuries is quite a feat...really a great job by their players and coaches.
BlueSky Wrote:We sure lost our focus on this one.... For Pikeville to win the District and get the #1 seed, after all the players lost and injuries is quite a feat...really a great job by their players and coaches.

Very true, now SV will have to best East Ridge in at East Ridge in the District tournament.. Going to tough
Pages: 1 2 3