Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County coaching search
Congrats to Alan, He will be a good one!
How many football coaches actually work in the building/school system? Hard to win every year unless you can have the head coach and many assistants in the school system. Who do you see being the defensive coordinator???
bulldog4life Wrote:How many football coaches actually work in the building/school system? Hard to win every year unless you can have the head coach and many assistants in the school system. Who do you see being the defensive coordinator???

Alan is (Homebound, one of the best positions ever for a HFC; he gets into every building of the school.), John Caudill does as well (Alternative School) and Alan's brother, Bryan (who teaches at the HS).

Those numbers are a A LOT better than many places around the state. I'm not sure of any other paid members on staff right now, but that's 3 for 3.

It helps, but I know some that have coaches galore in the building and/or district, and they are terrible...then, others where they don't have anybody in the building other than the HC (and, other assistants spread out across a big district w/ multiple high schools) and they are as solid as it gets.

It's amazing what that whole 'talent' thing trumps. lol
Sounds to me like its a good hire. Best of luck.
Best of luck to coach short, the next couple of years are going to be tuff for LC boys sports, football, basketball, and basedall to a lesser extent. All of these sports are very Senior heavy this year, and these sr. Have been starting since varsity since 8th grade in basketball and baseball and freshman in football. That doesn't allow a lot of playing time to develop underclassmen, and it will definitely show up the next couple of years.
Congrats to Coach Short.
Any changes coming for the rest of the staff or will he run with what he has for a season?