Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 68 Pikeville 61
Sorry King, but Shelby Valley doesnt have anything to do with this thread. When there is a thread about their game, I will post in it.

I dont think Paintsville played down to Pikeville, and I honestly dont think Pikeville played up to Paintsville. The Pikeville team now is a different Pikeville team than the one from a few years ago. I have seen a big change in them from the start of last year to now both on the court and the way they see themselves as a team. I remember reading in this thread that it was a moral victory for Pikeville to play with the number 1 ranked team in the region to 7 points. For whoever posted that, no it wasnt. Pikeville wanted the win, they played just about the whole game for the win. They thought they could win and they still do.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Sorry King, but Shelby Valley doesnt have anything to do with this thread. When there is a thread about their game, I will post in it.

I dont think Paintsville played down to Pikeville, and I honestly dont think Pikeville played up to Paintsville. The Pikeville team now is a different Pikeville team than the one from a few years ago. I have seen a big change in them from the start of last year to now both on the court and the way they see themselves as a team. I remember reading in this thread that it was a moral victory for Pikeville to play with the number 1 ranked team in the region to 7 points. For whoever posted that, no it wasnt. Pikeville wanted the win, they played just about the whole game for the win. They thought they could win and they still do.

Great post BBallonlyfan:thumpsup:
I don't think that Paintsville played down to Pikeville. It is just that sometimes Paintsville plays down period. That may very well be their weakness. And there isn't this big divide between the Paintsville Tigers and the rest of the 15th as some would think. Paintsville with their A game is the best in the 15th IMO. But for whatever reason, and it happened many times last year, the Tigers play their B and C game a lot. If anyone knows why, you tell me? But the Tigers do have the best top to bottom talent of any other 15th team and they are Region favorites. But as has been said, that won't get them to Rupp. Any of the top 15th teams can give them a game if they aren't mentally prepared or motivated or if they are just having an off night. They definately don't have the dominance that the 96 team had nor the talent. That was dominance and even that team didn't win every game. So expect some good games this season, whether its the Tigers or some other 15th teams. Only the tourney in March will tell us if the Tigers can shake the inconsistency. But they have the talent and deserve the preseason ranking.
Well at the game the other night I did notice that some of the Paintsville players don't get along too good while on the floor. One of them was telling the other one something and then that person cussed him out. It was very loud but I guess the refs didn't notice.
3Sportfun Wrote:Well at the game the other night I did notice that some of the Paintsville players don't get along too good while on the floor. One of them was telling the other one something and then that person cussed him out. It was very loud but I guess the refs didn't notice.

I noticed it too Sportfun, but not gonna mention any names. As for the refs not hearing it, it wouldn't matter, they don't give T's to players cussing out their own teammates.
Big Jim Wrote:\\

What other team would you debate has more talent top to bottom than Paintsville and why?

That last part is completely different than (paraphrasing) why is paintsville treated like 4 time champion world beaters.

To give a logical possible answer to your new question. How about a road game against a traditional rival? That would explain plenty of close scores in these games and be true. Or, Pikeville's better than many thought? I said some other things in a previous post, as well.

I contend those to be more reasonable than Paintsville not being very good. I could be wrong...I doubt it.
I never said that I thought Paintsville wasn't very good. I just don't think they are playing the best basketball in the 15th at this time, and this it is strictly my opinion and I am entitled to it as you are to your opinion.
TRAIN85 Wrote:I got up for every game no matter who we played. I didn't care if it was Beechwood or Paintsville or anyone in between. I played hard so I could play half of the game and get the younger kids in to play. Pikeville gave Paintsville all they wanted end of story. No more excuses from either side. The games over and the better team that night won. But don't blame it on not playing hard because it's Pikeville basketball, or because the refs are really mean and wanted to feel in control of the game. i don't want to hear the petty BS excuses that everyone makes. That's why kids now a days aren't as tough as they used to be even 4-5 years ago. For the love of God quit the whining and take the win or the loss for what it is.

yea if you cant get hyped up for a 15th region game then u dont have pulse...you need to come hard every single game...and why would paintsville not be pumped to play PIKEVILLE its not the easiest team theyve ever faced...