Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berea job open
sad story.
Doesn't pract start tomorrow
Any coach yet
They should fire the Admins at Berea for not having a coach by now!!!!!
papagrit Wrote:I was up to the swimming pool watching my niece swim in competition the other day and they have fenced the Berea Football Stadium off. I heard it has been condemned until a decision is made as to whether it is worth refacing and repairing or demolishing. That stadium has been there about as long as I remember back to and was constructed in 1970.
The middle school team was informed last night that their games will be played at the field by the park or skatepark due to the bleachers being condemned. That's just sad. Have they still not hired a high school coach?
Sounds like the stadium and the program are in pretty much the same condition.
Has anyone considered the kids?
I don't know a whole lot, but I think one of the players father is coaching the team. It's a shame because there are some good players on this team. We'll see how this turns out but not sure it's gonna be good.
Why don't you coach them??
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I don't know a whole lot, but I think one of the players father is coaching the team. It's a shame because there are some good players on this team. We'll see how this turns out but not sure it's gonna be good.

I thought Berea according to others had nothing and all talent was on soccer team

I still think a good coach could win at least half games there.
Hopefully Berea gets a coach who cares.
The Tate kid would start at almost any school, and a few decent lineman, but there are so few of them. I watched 2 of their games last year and saw some talent, but with NO coach...they will probably stink.
former Wrote:I thought Berea according to others had nothing and all talent was on soccer team

I still think a good coach could win at least half games there.
Hopefully Berea gets a coach who cares.

You can call me out instead of those subtle jabs towards somebody without calling them out.

I never said all of the talent was on the soccer team. All I said, and all I've ever said about several programs that are smaller and/or rural schools is that soccer takes a hit on football.

It's a numbers game. Both sports are in the fall. Both sports, in order to be any count whatsoever, require guys on the team that can run ( not be able to jog for 2 hrs, but sprint..bursts..etc). Most schools the size of Berea can't adequately support both at a high level, nor close.
Where are they at in the hiring process?
Berea named interim coach Michael Tate their permanent head coach on the 15th
Granny Bear Wrote:Why don't you coach them??

Granny...I like and know a few kids on the Berea team, but I'm an Eagle!!!
Hire Dustin Busler he would be a great fit at a school like Berea ha
LOL...he was on the hiring committee, cause that's who told me most of what I've written. He said there were several candidates that applied. I just got off the phone with him and he said should of hired Todd Harris...ha! Good luck to Coach Tate, those kids are gonna be behind the eight ball so to speak, but it's not like there is much expectation.
Glad that a hire has been done
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Berea named interim coach Michael Tate their permanent head coach on the 15th

The lead singer of the Newsboys? :biglmao: just kidding.