Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 60 Knox Central 59
Listen i agree he is what he is but the fact that there is no effort on his part is what kills me. It's not the fact that he can't guard it's that he doesn't even try. No doubt he is as clutch as they come when. The games on the line. But if he would put forth a little effort on the other end then a lot of these games would never be in question. I know He can do it I've seen it. We cannot beat the top tier teams without all kids playing with effort that's all I'm asking for.

You will never hear me say a bad word about his offense or when crunch time comes. He wants the ball
Van Hagar Wrote:I'm not sure I understand the constant harping by Clay fans about Farmer's defense. I will grant you he doesn't play much d. And I will grant you he doesn't have the all-around game of Smith. But at this stage of his career I think you would have to understand that's what you're gonna get. On offense, He is THE CLOSER. Money with games on the line. The three at South earlier this year, as good as I've seen with a game in the line. His under appreciated work in the second half against Corbin. And his stone cold finish against KC. I think most of the Clay posters love Smith and House so much, they don't give Farmer the credit he deserves. But jmo.

I give him all the credit in the world on the offensive end. His game is polished and I love it. He can score on most everyone. Just asking for some effort. But alot of people only see points. I see the game as a whole. I love the fact that he either wants to be the Hero or Zero. He doesn't shy away from the big moments. And this is JMO.
Dawgfan123 Wrote:Play all the D. You want, wtthout farmer shots who WINS.

You play D you don't need those shots....Defense wins championships. Great teams do both. Good teams do one. Just want this team to achieve what they are capable of. This is a special group of kids don't won't to see them under achieve.
PREACH Broken one, you are not the only one who sees it. But I do agree with the posters u know what u are getting at this point from the bearded one. Man that kid can shoot....Ain't nothing better than North can even make it to the region , then sending them sorry red hounds home with their tails tucked between their legs then Knox choking on their own vomit. I love it. Now let's put this little 1A school back in there place and show them what playing a bunch of nobodies does.....
Farmer carried Tigers to win last night. They were dead without him. I can't believe his own fan base would trash him. Skunk head has made the plays in both games or the Tigers would be at home.
Farmer is clutch. Blake Smith played great basketball last night. He made up for his bad performance against Corbin. House played killer defense. Wolfe I thought had several huge rebounds. Sexton is playing hurt but he gives his all. Even Mills came in off the bench and fought all night.
I'd like to give a shout out to Travis Mills of CC. He came off the bench and played Marsee's tail off. I thought his minutes were huge for CC. Not much in the stat book but great effort. Great job Travis.
Congrats to clay... just a heartbreaker of a lose for the panthers.. free throws is what cost Knox. Clay had better make the most of this gift that knox has given them. Cause anyone that was there will tell you clay didnt win this game knox gave it to them.. yeah knox chokes again and clay slides away with a unearned win.. good luck Williamsburg kick some tiger tale.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Wow! Gave the tigers the game? Doubt it...

Clay was clutch every time it counted, they came back from a double digit deficit and Farmer hit two must fall shots to end the game with every sing soul in the arena knowing he'd take the last shots and Knox couldn't stop him TWICE....give the Tiger Nation some credit....

Knox's problem was they thought they could beat Clay and Clay's kids knew they weren't going to lose...pressure is a part of the game, some teams can shoulder it, some can't....
Oldtiger Wrote:Wow! Gave the tigers the game? Doubt it...

Clay was clutch every time it counted, they came back from a double digit deficit and Farmer hit two must fall shots to end the game with every sing soul in the arena knowing he'd take the last shots and Knox couldn't stop him TWICE....give the Tiger Nation some credit....

Knox's problem was they thought they could beat Clay and Clay's kids knew they weren't going to lose...pressure is a part of the game, some teams can shoulder it, some can't....

Tiger Nation!
TongueirateSho
I hope Williamsburg pulls off the win tomorrow night! I haven't heard one person comment about who should get the credit for their success!!! On the other hand all you hear from Clay posters is who should get the most credit?? Sad...... Lets go Wburg get it done!!!
^^^
Hey cuz, don't let a few overly zealous fans give u the wrong impression. This group of kids are 100% united and so are their parents. These guys on here just love their team but have favorite players for one reason or the other. CC parents actually get a kick out of this stuff and I don't think the kids even pay any attention to us on here. This is where us has beens and never was guys go to relive what was or never was.
We are CC.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I hope Williamsburg pulls off the win tomorrow night! I haven't heard one person comment about who should get the credit for their success!!! On the other hand all you hear from Clay posters is who should get the most credit?? Sad...... Lets go Wburg get it done!!!

I think winning in football help a lot and give coach Robinson credit by not over scheduling this team it was a very long season in football. Williamsburg has play 4 or 5 less game on their schedule compare to the other teams.....I think that help....Clay posters are great but they do brag a lot..:popcorn:
Clay County has one of the 3 best players in the 13th and maybe one of the 10 best in Kentucky. I know, any place you go, in eastern Ky. all they talk about when you talk about all around best players is Farmer. I have seen him play, three times and I can say for certain this guy is awesome, he is headed to the next level, he is the most feared athlete in the mountains, that does not mean that he is all Clay has, I liked the house kid, and sexton and smith. You have to give them credit they have A great team. I just wonder how Skyler, Shelton and Massey will stack up 64 can you match player for player? I think Lowery, is the most underated point guard in the region. Andrew can get you 20 anytime. I do not know enough about BB to go beyond MY personal opinion.
Fun fact: Knox returned all 5 starters from last year and those 5 weren't on the court with each other for 1 second all year due to injuries, major ones at that. Everyone knows if 100% healthy they would be totally different.
panther nation Wrote:Congrats to clay... just a heartbreaker of a lose for the panthers.. free throws is what cost Knox. Clay had better make the most of this gift that knox has given them. Cause anyone that was there will tell you clay didnt win this game knox gave it to them.. yeah knox chokes again and clay slides away with a unearned win.. good luck Williamsburg kick some tiger tale.

In all reality Knox shouldn't have even been playing this game. If Harlan County would have used their fouls in the last 16 secs Knox wouldn't have gotten a 3 off at the buzzer and would be sent home again in the first round....so I'd watch what I say about winning a game that you shouldn't have.
It was a classic and House gave this team a boost these last few games.Smith played a great game and Farmer was clutch for the Tigers again.I think Clay represents the 13th this year.Marcum has done another polished coaching job this year.
Marcum is the best I've seen at keeping the boys egos out of the picture. He truly fosters Teamwork and playing together. And these kids have bought in.
Honest Question....Has Marcum ever won COY...
When CC homers say we have the best athletes everyone says no, but on the other hand when Marcum wins everyone says its because we have the best athletes...Which is it...I think Marcum does the best job in the region with the best athletes in the region.
Count Wrote:Honest Question....Has Marcum ever won COY...
When CC homers say we have the best athletes everyone says no, but on the other hand when Marcum wins everyone says its because we have the best athletes...Which is it...I think Marcum does the best job in the region with the best athletes in the region.

I personal think coach marcum should have already won this award, and i think it a shame he hasn't. jmo :Sad04:
Every year they win the region .. He is coach of the year!!!
64SUR Wrote:I personal think coach marcum should have already won this award, and i think it a shame he hasn't. jmo :Sad04:

Got to agree-Coach Marcum 1st year brought the WYMT trophy back home and Clay in regional semis, then Regional runner-up and 2 Regional Titles. He has earned COY.
:Thumbs:
Think most fans know Great staff there. Just keep the bald headed guy in his chair. Please
^^^
I say turn em loose, turn em all loose.