Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 60 Knox Central 59
Final. Clay County advances to the 13th region championship. Heck of a game by both teams and two big shots by Farmer. Clay and Williamsburg should be a dandy
Wow is all I can say what a game!!!!! Smith may have gotten player of the game somehow but there's no question in anyone's mind who the player of the game was,,trey farmer scored the last 5 points and game winner to send the tigers to the championship.......hats off to the tigers and farmer they never quit....good luck against the burg...go getem..
The Farmer legend continues in Clay Co. and 13th region basketball.
Great job Tigers. Go Clay. We need Clay to represent the 13th. Region.
Congratulations Clay County on seeing why clay is clay in mountain basketball...unbelievable win. Confusederiously:
Farmer made two huge shots to pull the Tigers through. Smith had a great game also for Clay. Panthers played well enough to win but Farmer just made two huge plays.
All I can say is wow and maybe lucky but never the less hats off to the Tigers
Well Blake Smith absolutely dominated this game in the 2nd half. No one could do anything with him, Farmer made 2 huge shots, and Ryan House absolutely cut Barger water off tonight. Tigers never quit and once again have been there before and it showed. The Knox Central fans cant blame there coach on this one. Kids got tight and when the game was on the line. I really hope Clay puts it on the burg, But FARMER will have to play better defense than he did tonight or Massey and Griffth will kill them.
Congrats to Clay and Coach Robert Marcum.
Tiger Nation!
Never count coach Marcum and these boys out. Congrats Tigers. Now go get them Jackets.
Comeback Cats 2.0......I don't believe I have ever witnessed anything like it before!
I'm BACK!!! Just got out in time to see this game, Been stuck to listening on the radio, But Thanks to LCDC I'm a changed man. ALL ive got to say is That Barger Kid caught the biggest case of T- Rex arms ive ever seen. Just like that Motley Crue song says, '' Same OL Situation''. Knox CHOKES again.

Ryan House for president! Big Offense yesterday, and HUGE defense today.
Flash154 Wrote:Great job Tigers. Go Clay. We need Clay to represent the 13th. Region.

Two straight trips to Rupp... two straight first round bounces... I dunno, maybe the Jackets could go up there and win at least ONE for the 13th region.
bballfan20 Wrote:Wow is all I can say what a game!!!!! Smith may have gotten player of the game somehow but there's no question in anyone's mind who the player of the game was,,trey farmer scored the last 5 points and game winner to send the tigers to the championship.......hats off to the tigers and farmer they never quit....good luck against the burg...go getem..

Come on Man, Smith dominated that game, Yes Farmer made to huge shots but once again the game is played on both ends. If clay wins Monday Ryan House should be the MVP. He took Barger out of the game with his defense tonight. And was the only one who showed up to play against Corbin

Great comeback for the tigers, survive and advance. Knox just cant get over the hump. Please, Please, Please Trey Farmer please guard someone on Monday night.
Avery Bullock Wrote:Two straight trips to Rupp... two straight first round bounces... I dunno, maybe the Jackets could go up there and win at least ONE for the 13th region.

They Couldn't even win one in the ALL A against a very mediocre Danville team. JOKES!!!!!!
Randy_Watson Wrote:Well Blake Smith absolutely dominated this game in the 2nd half. No one could do anything with him, Farmer made 2 huge shots, and Ryan House absolutely cut Barger water off tonight. Tigers never quit and once again have been there before and it showed. The Knox Central fans cant blame there coach on this one. Kids got tight and when the game was on the line. I really hope Clay puts it on the burg, But FARMER will have to play better defense than he did tonight or Massey and Griffth will kill them.

I don't think I would be holding my breath on Farmer and defense. Kid is unbelievable shooting the ball and especially the big shots at end of games, but defense……nah. Like the old saying goes….He can't guard an old wore out fence post. Aside from House this Clay team plays very little defense. Knox Central had wide open shot after shot. Clay always finds a way to win and of course Knox always finds a way to lose.
Avery Bullock Wrote:Two straight trips to Rupp... two straight first round bounces... I dunno, maybe the Jackets could go up there and win at least ONE for the 13th region.

Try 7 straight losses for the 13th region. Clay had a nice showing last year but bottom line was another loss.
Clay might have lost to Cov Catholic last year, but Clay definitely brought back RESPECT to the 13th.
Best game I have seen in a long time, Glad to see Smith back to his normal self, and Farmer has ice water in his veins. But I thought Clay didn't play very well. Outside of House and Smith there defense is awlful. But I thought the scheme had a lot to do with it. Once they went man they looked a ton better and the 1-3-1 was way better than that Crap 1-1-3. Still though the kids fought and never gave up, and Knox did what Knox does best. Clay should have been beat the last 2 nights but some how found a way to win.

Leonard you can say what ever you want about losing at the state but I know for a fact a lot of teams doesn't want to see this clay team. They have the capability to beat anyone if they are giving effort on defense 1-5. You sound a whole lot like them jokers from North.
Wow! What a game, and what an ending. How can Monday get any better? It'll be a classic.
I'm not sure I understand the constant harping by Clay fans about Farmer's defense. I will grant you he doesn't play much d. And I will grant you he doesn't have the all-around game of Smith. But at this stage of his career I think you would have to understand that's what you're gonna get. On offense, He is THE CLOSER. Money with games on the line. The three at South earlier this year, as good as I've seen with a game in the line. His under appreciated work in the second half against Corbin. And his stone cold finish against KC. I think most of the Clay posters love Smith and House so much, they don't give Farmer the credit he deserves. But jmo.
Farmer has icewater in his veins. Mr. Clutch!
Play all the D. You want, wtthout farmer shots who WINS.
Flash154 Wrote:Great job Tigers. Go Clay. We need Clay to represent the 13th. Region.

NO NO We need the best team to represent the Eastern Ky. mountains
Like they did in All A. Clay County has the respect of all teams in the state. They represent well whether they win or lose. We need Clay.
topnotch Wrote:NO NO We need the best team to represent the Eastern Ky. mountains
That sure is not Williamsburg.
Farmer is the man. Never shys away from the big moment or taking the big shot. He is the straw that stirs the drink. Talking about his defense is funny.
He is what he is and that's the face of the Tigers and a reminder of the glory days of the 80s
The Closer!
Was A real barn burner, How many points did Farmer have? He did what he was supposed to do, He is not only one of the best basket ball player in the State he is A fine young man. We hear down here that he has several D1 schools looking at him.
Wreakit Wrote:Farmer is the man. Never shys away from the big moment or taking the big shot. He is the straw that stirs the drink. Talking about his defense is funny.
He is what he is and that's the face of the Tigers and a reminder of the glory days of the 80s
The Closer!

If you open your eyes and look out the window and you see A man carrying another man, You don't have any trouble seeing who is carrying who.
Congrats Clay you have A good team I can't waite.