Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central 21 Bell County 7
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It's all about matchups.

Bell's style matches up well to Corbin's. Corbin runs the spread but they aren't a very fast team.

Bell's style did not match up well to Central's. Central could match their power and Bell didn't have the speed to hurt Central.

The question now is how will Corbin's style match Central's? I think they matchup better than Bell because they can stretch the field and open up some room.

At the end of the day I think all three teams are about the same...it just now comes down to who matches up the best and who makes plays.

Agreed Bell's one dimensional game style hurt them with Central it's hard to beat a team who can stack 9 to 10 in the box. Corbin matches up better than Bell because they can pass a little better. Central also has the ability to cover the pass as well as anyone so I think this will kill the passing attack.

4 turnovers made the Bell vs Central game closer that it was. Central is better than the score showed. Corbins ability to match up a little better isn't gonna be enough. speed kills and defense wins championships and after watching Central last friday they are the best team in 3A by a good margin. They are better than I thought

positives for Corbin

Home field will also help
pass game will help

positives for Central

Central plays two squads and have replacements for them they play 25 to 30 kids that would all start at Corbin
Central has speed for days you cant run out side on this team
They defend the pass well
DL #5 is a monster on the D line it will take two to block him on pass play or he will get a sack every time
Won't pass much pretty much play mountain football with speed
Qb #7 is smart fast and will pitch the ball on you 15 yards down the field
Rb #25 has 4.5 speed be ready and will remind you of Darren Sproles hard to bring down and shifty he's 5'9 210 or so
Objective Wrote:Sir, Sir, ! Did you watch the Bellco vs Corbin Game ? Corbin was out gained on offense, Bell almost doubled there offensive yards and Corbin only won by 1 point at home in overtime. How on earth can you say Corbin is 2 or 3 TDs better, thats just crazy we have proof they are not. You crazy Corbin fans better come back to reality it wasn't sour grapes but your false since of Corbin football that is off Sir. I've said all year corbin was undervalued and a good football team but to say they are 2 or 3 tds better than a team they just barley beat at home is absurd. I know it's the wrong thread but Corbin loses by 2 TDs maybe more to Central. There's you some sour grapes.. Stick to baseball apparently you know nothing about football ....rant over

Bell County out gained Corbin by 40 yards, won the turnover battle, and won time of possession. Bell County played their best game of the season and still wound up on the losing end. And if you haven't watched the replay of Bell's touchdown in OT it should have been negated because of an ineligible receiver.
Objective Wrote:Sir, Sir, ! Did you watch the Bellco vs Corbin Game ? Corbin was out gained on offense, Bell almost doubled there offensive yards and Corbin only won by 1 point at home in overtime. How on earth can you say Corbin is 2 or 3 TDs better, thats just crazy we have proof they are not. You crazy Corbin fans better come back to reality it wasn't sour grapes but your false since of Corbin football that is off Sir. I've said all year corbin was undervalued and a good football team but to say they are 2 or 3 tds better than a team they just barley beat at home is absurd. I know it's the wrong thread but Corbin loses by 2 TDs maybe more to Central. There's you some sour grapes.. Stick to baseball apparently you know nothing about football ....rant over

Obviously you're the one that missed the game. Bell out gained Corbin on the ground and Corbin out gained bell in the air. The difference was around 40 yards. Corbin and Bell always matchup well against each other and always have. You're taking one game out of the season and deciding a teams skill level and that's not how it works. However, if you're so caught up in comparing one game on a schedule then you could always use Wayne County? Both Corbin and Bell beat Wayne in back-to-back weeks. Bell won 19-0 with 255 total yards offensively and it took them the whole game to get to that. Corbin beat Wayne a week later 48-7 with a total of 516 total yards offensively. So if you want to use your logic then Corbin is head and shoulders above Bell.

I don't like using one game because football comes down to matchups and it's hard to get a gague on a team with one game. Corbin is absolutely the better team, whether it's offense or defense or the line of scrimmage, or even special teams, Corbin is the better team. I know how difficult that is to hear but I'm not a Corbin fan at all. I have been able to see almost all of their games on film and I was able to see them against Danville in person. I can easily and with absolute confidence say that Corbin is a better team than Bell.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Lets face it, Bell is not now and will never be the same as they were with Dudley Hilton. Mills is a solid football coach and will always be competitive with him, but Hilton was a hall of fame coach that Bell County was blessed to have for many years and its difficult to deal with the reality that its not ever going to be the same it once was. Turnovers, play calling, bad tackling, bad whatever, bottom line is Bell County is not a hot bed for physical talent any more than any other mountain school is, but they have 2 state championships and numerous regional championships and a whole lot to be proud of, they have played high quality HS football for a couple or more decades now and they can thank Dudley Hilton for that. Hats off to the Bell County Bobcats players and coaches!

:truestory:
JIMO, Corbin is a better football team than Bell. How much,who knows.. Coaching staff is much better than Bells. Talent is better than Bell.
Good win
Definitely expected a totally different outcome......