Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central 21 Bell County 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Final

to much speed:igiveup:
Dang...Congratulations Central :welcome: to Corbin :worthy:
Congrats to Central.
Good run Bobcats!
congrats Central
Congratulations Central!
Great year for the Bobcats.. Very classy football program..
To bad those 2 have to play so early.
Congrats to Central's seniors . For sweeping Bell for their entire hs career.
Speed kills, congrats to Bell on a good season
It wasn't speed that killed us.
Bobcatsrocks Wrote:It wasn't speed that killed us.

wasn't at the game…Give us a breakdown..Turnovers? Play calling?
52 smash Wrote:wasn't at the game…Give us a breakdown..Turnovers? Play calling?

Turnovers killed Bell County, was told they had 4 or 5.
Turnovers, tackling and no offense play calling and enough said.
Here we go.

Central makes a whole lot of teams play calling looks bad.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Here we go.

Central makes a whole lot of teams play calling looks bad.

Yeah,but the play calling looked bad prior to playing Central.
Bobcatsrocks Wrote:Turnovers, tackling and no offense play calling and enough said.

No offense play calling? Explain?
With all due respect to those claiming turnovers killed Bell County, Central was just the better team. If you want to look at turnovers killing a team look at the multiple times Central put the ball on the ground keeping them from putting the game out of reach early and putting the game away late. Central fumbled a hand off on the 1 yard line which would have put them up 21-0. Instead Bell County recovered in the endzone and took the next snap 80 yards for a TD. Other than the long TD run I think Bell County only had 2-3 first downs in the first half, and I don't recall any Bell turnovers in the first. Central then had the ball inside the 5 First and Goal and Bell made a big time stand. First half could have easily been 28-0. Bell had 2 decent drives in the second half negated by fumbles, however Central did as well. Bell just simply came out flat for this game and a decent second half wasn't enough to overcome Central.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:With all due respect to those claiming turnovers killed Bell County, Central was just the better team. If you want to look at turnovers killing a team look at the multiple times Central put the ball on the ground keeping them from putting the game out of reach early and putting the game away late. Central fumbled a hand off on the 1 yard line which would have put them up 21-0. Instead Bell County recovered in the endzone and took the next snap 80 yards for a TD. Other than the long TD run I think Bell County only had 2-3 first downs in the first half, and I don't recall any Bell turnovers in the first. Central then had the ball inside the 5 First and Goal and Bell made a big time stand. First half could have easily been 28-0. Bell had 2 decent drives in the second half negated by fumbles, however Central did as well. Bell just simply came out flat for this game and a decent second half wasn't enough to overcome Central.

If you are saying that Central is the better team then Corbin won't win this week. Sorry
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:If you are saying that Central is the better team then Corbin won't win this week. Sorry

I'm pretty sure I have never claimed or predicted an outcome on Corbin/Central game. If you're claiming Bell was the better team than Central why is there season over. I said nothing negative about Bell County. If Bell would have played with half of the intensity they did at Corbin I think they could have won this game. I know you are still grieving, but sooner or later you have to move to acceptance. Corbin and Central were the better teams, that's why they were on the winning end against Bell.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I'm pretty sure I have never claimed or predicted an outcome on Corbin/Central game. If you're claiming Bell was the better team than Central why is there season over. I said nothing negative about Bell County. If Bell would have played with half of the intensity they did at Corbin I think they could have won this game. I know you are still grieving, but sooner or later you have to move to acceptance. Corbin and Central were the better teams, that's why they were on the winning end against Bell.

Not grieving some times the better team doesn't all ways win. Bell was the better team agains Corbin should have been up 21-0 at one pont in the Corbin game just like Central should have been up 21-0 against us. All I am saying that if Central is better than Bell Corbin will not win Friday.JMO Corbin hasn't seen a team like Central it will be hard for them to win if they are having to depend on throwing. Good luck against Central.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Not grieving some times the better team doesn't all ways win. Bell was the better team agains Corbin should have been up 21-0 at one pont in the Corbin game just like Central should have been up 21-0 against us. All I am saying that if Central is better than Bell Corbin will not win Friday.JMO Corbin hasn't seen a team like Central it will be hard for them to win if they are having to depend on throwing. Good luck against Central.

Bell could have been up 21-0 on Corbin, and Corbin could have been up 21-7 on Bell. Problem is that's not how it played out. The better team made the plays to win the game. It was hard for Bell to win while depending on the running game. ..
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Bell could have been up 21-0 on Corbin, and Corbin could have been up 21-7 on Bell. Problem is that's not how it played out. The better team made the plays to win the game. It was hard for Bell to win while depending on the running game. ..

Don't remember Corbin ever getting close to being up 21-7 not getting in a pissing contest you guys are playing this week and we aren't just trying to say that not all ways the best team wins.
Lets face it, Bell is not now and will never be the same as they were with Dudley Hilton. Mills is a solid football coach and will always be competitive with him, but Hilton was a hall of fame coach that Bell County was blessed to have for many years and its difficult to deal with the reality that its not ever going to be the same it once was. Turnovers, play calling, bad tackling, bad whatever, bottom line is Bell County is not a hot bed for physical talent any more than any other mountain school is, but they have 2 state championships and numerous regional championships and a whole lot to be proud of, they have played high quality HS football for a couple or more decades now and they can thank Dudley Hilton for that. Hats off to the Bell County Bobcats players and coaches!
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Don't remember Corbin ever getting close to being up 21-7 not getting in a pissing contest you guys are playing this week and we aren't just trying to say that not all ways the best team wins.

I don't recall Bell having a chance to up 21-0, considering Corbin was ahead 14-7... The Best team doesn't always win I agree, but the team that plays the Best on Friday nights does win. Unfortunately for Bell they were not the better team on the Friday nights that they played Central and Corbin.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Not grieving some times the better team doesn't all ways win. Bell was the better team agains Corbin should have been up 21-0 at one pont in the Corbin game just like Central should have been up 21-0 against us. All I am saying that if Central is better than Bell Corbin will not win Friday.JMO Corbin hasn't seen a team like Central it will be hard for them to win if they are having to depend on throwing. Good luck against Central.

Bell is not as good as Corbin. Their probably two or three touchdowns better than bell. Your evaluation of Corbin is way off and sounds more like sour grapes than anything. They also haven't needed to go to their passing game much this year, but in games they have they've been very successful at it, including putting up over 200+ yards last week in the air and almost putting up that amount on Danville. They do a lot of things right and are one of the most balanced offenses left in 3A. They can go to five different receivers when needed, and their offensive line is probably one of the best fundamentally along with belfry. Every time Central has been met with a team of that caliber this year they've been manhandled all over the field. Central absolutely has more athletes but I don't think it will be enough to overcome what Corbin will put them through.
I said from the start of the season that I like this Bell tam but their biggest Achilles' Heel was that for all their size and strength and grit,,, they simply did not have the team speed or home run hitters to make teams pay.

If this Bell team had a Davenport or Robbins and a few faster players on the edge defensively I think they would have represented the West. As it stands though, when you play teams as good and fundamentally sound as Central and you don't have the speed to cover up mistakes it puts scoring points at a premium and any defensive mistake or missed tackle suddenly becomes a disaster.

Major props to Coach Scroggins!One of the best in the business.
baseball1974 Wrote:Bell is not as good as Corbin. Their probably two or three touchdowns better than bell. Your evaluation of Corbin is way off and sounds more like sour grapes than anything. They also haven't needed to go to their passing game much this year, but in games they have they've been very successful at it, including putting up over 200+ yards last week in the air and almost putting up that amount on Danville. They do a lot of things right and are one of the most balanced offenses left in 3A. They can go to five different receivers when needed, and their offensive line is probably one of the best fundamentally along with belfry. Every time Central has been met with a team of that caliber this year they've been manhandled all over the field. Central absolutely has more athletes but I don't think it will be enough to overcome what Corbin will put them through.

Sir, Sir, ! Did you watch the Bellco vs Corbin Game ? Corbin was out gained on offense, Bell almost doubled there offensive yards and Corbin only won by 1 point at home in overtime. How on earth can you say Corbin is 2 or 3 TDs better, thats just crazy we have proof they are not. You crazy Corbin fans better come back to reality it wasn't sour grapes but your false since of Corbin football that is off Sir. I've said all year corbin was undervalued and a good football team but to say they are 2 or 3 tds better than a team they just barley beat at home is absurd. I know it's the wrong thread but Corbin loses by 2 TDs maybe more to Central. There's you some sour grapes.. Stick to baseball apparently you know nothing about football ....rant over
Objective Wrote:Sir, Sir, ! Did you watch the Bellco vs Corbin Game ? Corbin was out gained on offense, Bell almost doubled there offensive yards and Corbin only won by 1 point at home in overtime. How on earth can you say Corbin is 2 or 3 TDs better, thats just crazy we have proof they are not. You crazy Corbin fans better come back to reality it wasn't sour grapes but your false since of Corbin football that is off Sir. I've said all year corbin was undervalued and a good football team but to say they are 2 or 3 tds better than a team they just barley beat at home is absurd. I know it's the wrong thread but Corbin loses by 2 TDs maybe more to Central. There's you some sour grapes.. Stick to baseball apparently you know nothing about football ....rant over

It's all about matchups.

Bell's style matches up well to Corbin's. Corbin runs the spread but they aren't a very fast team.

Bell's style did not match up well to Central's. Central could match their power and Bell didn't have the speed to hurt Central.

The question now is how will Corbin's style match Central's? I think they matchup better than Bell because they can stretch the field and open up some room.

At the end of the day I think all three teams are about the same...it just now comes down to who matches up the best and who makes plays.
Pages: 1 2