Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the??
Jarons Wrote:That is sort of the point I trying to make in the Hazard appealing threads. They had no true reason to appeal IMO, at least they are in a district with 4 teams. Raceland, Paintsville, and Fairview should have appealed their district, since they are the only district in the state with a 3 teams. But there is a district in class A with 5 teams. The KHSAA created a scheduling headache for these 3 schools. They are required schedule an extra non-district game, most likely in a week when all other schools are playing a district games with no wriggle room to change games late into the season. Most likely, Raceland, Paintsville, and Fairview will be playing 9 games due to scheduling nightmare created by the KHSAA.

They might be the only 3-team district PROPOSED, but it might not be like that in the future.

Meade County-Central Hardin was a TWO-TEAM district in 6-A for at least one year (maybe two) after Nelson County split (Thomas Nelson), Greenwood split (South Warren) and North Hardin (declining enrollment) dropped to 5-A. With all the other districts fairly compact, made no sense to force a Central Time Zone team from the west into the Meade-Central district or force a Lexington or NKY team to come all the way to south of Louisville (when much closer games are at home).

Bottom line: It's been done before.

As far as the scheduling, eh. At least one team in a five team district will have a non-district game during mandatory district weeks because:
- A v B
- C v D
- Nobody for E to play in district, since you can't do two district games in a week for one team (or two games in general).

Also, 33 teams were placed in 1-A -- FOR NOW -- for two reasons:

1) Because of the South Floyd/Allen Central merger. Merger will take South Floyd out of 1-A. 33 teams gives ability to shift teams around.

2) Fort Knox. FK is currently a 2-A program, but will NOT be by time alignment takes effect. Base is losing THOUSANDS of soldiers (which will also affect 6-A Central Hardin, 5-6-A North Hardin, 5-A John Hardin and even 3-A Elizabethtown. North Hardin has argued it should NOT get sent back to 6-A because by time alignment goes into effect, its numbers should drop as well.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Does anyone know the status of Bishp Brossart's program? I had heard they were thinking of doing away with football all together.

Bishop Brossart will play football this year, and plans on having football next year

Speaking of Brossart, why is Brossart and Berea in the same district?

And while I'm at it, looking at the enrollment data and how the schools rank, why didn't the KHSAA just flip Brossart and Beechwood?

KHSAA football enrollment for 2015-18

Based off of the link, Beechwood has the largest enrollment in 1A. Both Brossart and Beechwood are in NKY and Beechwood already plays Holy Cross and NewCath. There's just way too much shenanigans going on with this one
Because they don't want Beechwood winning the east.
cksportsfan Wrote:Also, 33 teams were placed in 1-A -- FOR NOW -- for two reasons:

1) Because of the South Floyd/Allen Central merger. Merger will take South Floyd out of 1-A. 33 teams gives ability to shift teams around.

Have they started building the new school?
I hadn't heard anything lately on it.
Maybe we can get a Fulton Co/Fulton merger.
cksportsfan Wrote:They might be the only 3-team district PROPOSED, but it might not be like that in the future.

Meade County-Central Hardin was a TWO-TEAM district in 6-A for at least one year (maybe two) after Nelson County split (Thomas Nelson), Greenwood split (South Warren) and North Hardin (declining enrollment) dropped to 5-A. With all the other districts fairly compact, made no sense to force a Central Time Zone team from the west into the Meade-Central district or force a Lexington or NKY team to come all the way to south of Louisville (when much closer games are at home).

Bottom line: It's been done before.

As far as the scheduling, eh. At least one team in a five team district will have a non-district game during mandatory district weeks because:
- A v B
- C v D
- Nobody for E to play in district, since you can't do two district games in a week for one team (or two games in general).

Also, 33 teams were placed in 1-A -- FOR NOW -- for two reasons:

2) Fort Knox. FK is currently a 2-A program, but will NOT be by time alignment takes effect. Base is losing THOUSANDS of soldiers (which will also affect 6-A Central Hardin, 5-6-A North Hardin, 5-A John Hardin and even 3-A Elizabethtown. North Hardin has argued it should NOT get sent back to 6-A because by time alignment goes into effect, its numbers should drop as well.

If/when this happens between 2015-2018, class A will still have a district with 3 teams and South Floyd's district will drop down to 4. What are they going to do when it comes playoff time in the east? It does not make any sense at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Probably give a bye.
^^^thats the only way to balance the "fair". I say give the odd team out the bye. Lol
It's a bye. No big deal.

If a four-team district is opposite a three-team district, the No. 1 seed from the four-team district gets a bye since there is no No. 4 seed to play.

There will be THREE districts with only three teams in 6-A (Plus no good solution to put one or two teams with Meade-Central Hardin. They have no travel buddies. You can pull teams from the west, but that means Double (or more) the travel and a time zone to take into account. Plus, double the travel for Meade and Central Hardin. Can't really pull a team from Louisville. Same with LEX and NKY.

Is having 3 three-team districts in 6-A not a bigger issue than the one in 1-A?
HDE Wrote:Have they started building the new school?
I hadn't heard anything lately on it.

I honestly do not know. At all.

But I do know the KHSAA expected it to happen in the time frame which includes the next alignment, because it was brought up during the re-alignment process.

It's listed on the KHSAA somewhere.
mysonis55 Wrote:Because they don't want Beechwood winning the east.

I was suggesting Beechwood replaces Brossart in 2A, while Brossart replaces Beechwood in 1A. It's not like Beechwood would take a hit going to 2A