Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What the??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone explain to me how the KHSAA collective minds work? I just read the 1A proposal, something doesnt quite sit well with me. Maybe someone can give me some more info.

The 5th place team from district 8 will become the 4th seed in district 6. Yet the 5t seed from district 2 is out of luck? Why in god's green earth would that be correct? So EVERY team in the entire Single A class makes the playoffs, eve if they go 0-10 in the regular season and never even score a point, EXCEPT, the team from district 2 who finishes last. That makes no sense to me. Someone please tell me I am missing something here.
I think they do that in one of the 6A districts also.
The key number is to remember is 32. Eight districts. Four teams per district. It has to add up to 32, in all six classes.
Some of the other classes have five-team districts, but only four make the playoffs. The Laurel-Pulaski 5A district has six teams, so two don't make it.
I think the Class A situation should have been fixed by moving South Floyd to District 6. It would have been much less complicated.
I agree. Lets make it all have a point. Make winning the district mean something. Take the top 2 and be done with it.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree. Lets make it all have a point. Make winning the district mean something. Take the top 2 and be done with it.
Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner...Sctotty I nominate you to be in charge of the KHSAA...:Cheerlead
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Can someone explain to me how the KHSAA collective minds work? I just read the 1A proposal, something doesnt quite sit well with me. Maybe someone can give me some more info.

The 5th place team from district 8 will become the 4th seed in district 6. Yet the 5t seed from district 2 is out of luck? Why in god's green earth would that be correct? So EVERY team in the entire Single A class makes the playoffs, eve if they go 0-10 in the regular season and never even score a point, EXCEPT, the team from district 2 who finishes last. That makes no sense to me. Someone please tell me I am missing something here.

they are a lot like NCAA. biased and worthless.
That is sort of the point I trying to make in the Hazard appealing threads. They had no true reason to appeal IMO, at least they are in a district with 4 teams. Raceland, Paintsville, and Fairview should have appealed their district, since they are the only district in the state with a 3 teams. But there is a district in class A with 5 teams. The KHSAA created a scheduling headache for these 3 schools. They are required schedule an extra non-district game, most likely in a week when all other schools are playing a district games with no wriggle room to change games late into the season. Most likely, Raceland, Paintsville, and Fairview will be playing 9 games due to scheduling nightmare created by the KHSAA.
I would like to see Raceland go out find a really good quality opponent to fill the slot. Maybe even extend their seach into Ohio or WV. Huntington High, Wheelersburg, Portsmouth East or West, could all be possibilities. It does make it difficult thogh, bc so many teams have that definite 3rd or 4th district game. In Hazard and Pikeville's case, they very well may have to lose one of their rivalry games in the early part of the season, to make room for the extra district game. Maybe Raceland could pick up whoever that might be. Prestonsburg and Middleboro are both on regulars on the Pikeville schedule, I have said for years that we need to be playing Prestonsburg. They always field a auick squad.
OldJacket Wrote:Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner...Sctotty I nominate you to be in charge of the KHSAA...:Cheerlead

Man u jackets love thise avitars!lol

It's not rocket science. Having 6 classes is rediculous anyway. 4, well I could see ones argument that it created to much of a gap between schools, in regsurds to their size. Thats why I say go to 5 classes and take the top 2 from each class. The argument of "its better for the kids to experience a playoff loss than not at all", is absolutley insane. "Lets teach the kids that even if you dont earn something, we will still give it to you on a silver platter at a cost"(in this case, a more than likely a 3-4 hr bus ride and a 40+ point loss to a far superior opponent.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Can someone explain to me how the KHSAA collective minds work? I just read the 1A proposal, something doesnt quite sit well with me. Maybe someone can give me some more info.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe every team in Class A makes the playoffs under the current alignment.
In the current alignment yes. In the 2015-18 alignment, all but one team does. And thats the most ludicrous thing ive ever heard. Im all for making winng the district meaningful, but as I metioned in the topic paragraph, a the from district 2 could finish 6-4(1-3 in the district) but bc of tie breakers be the last place district squad, while the last place team from district 8 could go 1-9(1-3 in the district) but bc they are in the 8th district with 5 teams, they get a pass and still make the playoffs.
33 teams. 5th place team in district 5 will not advance.
5th place team in district 8 will be 4th seed in district 6
I also think 5 classes would be good. You could put 5-6 teams in every district and even if you kept top 4 you would at least have to win a district game to get in.
^^^each time I see it I am amazed. If that is the case and the number of teams is an odd number, bump a school up, or come up with something. I'd love to know the KHSAA logic behind all of it.
I like the 4 team districts no matter what is done some teams will get beat 40 pts or more several time a year and maybe in ten games. Remember this 40 yrs from now some of these kids will be telling their grandchildren. They play in the playoff against the state Champion,state runner-up, Semi final team or Districts champ. :why: should we want a 2 team Districts...Let's keep football memories alive.
Will the new regions stay in the same format?

Districts 1-2 region 1
Districts 3-4 region 2
Districts 5-6 region 3
Districts 7-8 region 4

Is that correct?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Will the new regions stay in the same format?

Districts 1-2 region 1
Districts 3-4 region 2
Districts 5-6 region 3
Districts 7-8 region 4

Is that correct?

now you are trying to confuse us 1A fans. :closeenough:
scotty_bronson Wrote:will the new regions stay in the same format?

Districts 1-2 region 1
districts 3-4 region 2
districts 5-6 region 3
districts 7-8 region 4

is that correct?

yes
Does anyone know the status of Bishp Brossart's program? I had heard they were thinking of doing away with football all together.
I think it is really messed up if one team out of all of class a does not qualify for playoffs. That isn't going to set well with some kids.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:In the current alignment yes. In the 2015-18 alignment, all but one team does. And thats the most ludicrous thing ive ever heard. Im all for making winng the district meaningful, but as I metioned in the topic paragraph, a the from district 2 could finish 6-4(1-3 in the district) but bc of tie breakers be the last place district squad, while the last place team from district 8 could go 1-9(1-3 in the district) but bc they are in the 8th district with 5 teams, they get a pass and still make the playoffs.

I totally misunderstood your point, and I agree, it's stupid, but what can the KHSAA do? You drop to a certain amount of classes and people complain, so you take it back up and different people complain. You realign the districts and put this team here and that team there and people complain, move that team here and this team there and people complain. It's a never ending battle.
I agree with whatever they need to do to make this system work. I just don't think they should make it leave only 1 team out. Move one up to 2a or only take 3 teams per district.
Yea its foolish. I know u cant please everyone but atleast make it fair.
I could see if it was 3-4 teams but 1.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree. Lets make it all have a point. Make winning the district mean something. Take the top 2 and be done with it.

But that would make way too much sense…I second old jackets nomination!

Confusednicker:
The current playoff structure is perfect.
The problem is theres not enough teams. I think 4 teams should go out of each district, who doesn't want to see more football? Your talking about shortening the season. It makes sense.
The problem lies within the numbers. KY should have 5 classes. It would be a PERFECT fit.
I like our current system as well.
The current system is fine...with that one blemish of one team in an entire class not making the playoffs. Simply because they r in an overloaded district.
I agree with 5 classes and 4 teams make the playoffs.

However, here is another interesting idea I've thought about. How about 3 teams from each district make the playoffs with the district title winner recieving a first round bye which would reward them for their season.

...................District 1 Winner

District 2 #2
District 1 #3

District 2 #3
District 1 #2

...................District 2 Winner

...................District 3 Winner

District 4 #2
District 3 #3

District 3 #2
District 4 #3

...................District 4 winner
^^^i like that idea. Its a shame none of this will ever be resolved. I dont understand the khsaa and 90% of the things they do with HS football.
Like was stated before, we get more football in the current system. I like it and I'm sure the kids do.
Pages: 1 2