Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Jewell taking Assistant Principal job!
I do not know why or if they have done away with the rule that Assistant Principals can't coach but Coach Deaton actually did a very good job as assistant principal (Dean of Students as they called it). He was in charge of disciplinary actions and when you're dealing with 14-19 year old kids, believe me, you have your hands full. Between tobacco, horse play, fights, tardies, or simple write ups from the teachers, Deaton had a pretty good amount of traffic in his office. He was firm, but he was fair and consistent as well. He certainly earne his money.

As for the "Glory Days", sure, Corbin hasn't won a title in 32 years but it is still a top job in the state. With the exception of a few years where talent is down (you have that with smaller schools), Corbin is usually a Top 3-5 team in the state and rarely out of the top 10. I admit that here, State Titles are the expectation but those aren't so easy to come by. The big trophy may not come to Corbin every year like we hope but Pride and Tradition still runs deep within Corbin. I do think that many teams have underachieved in the past 10-15 years but I wouldn't say Corbin has fell into oblivion. When Corbin is the next game on a schedule for a team, you can bet that date is circled.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Which job, football coach or Asst. Principal?

I'm assuming the Asst Principle job
If Jewell does step down. IMO Greg Duncum would be the best choice as new head coach. He has the respect of not only the players but the fans as well. He knows the program better than just about anyone out there. IMO the people of Corbin would rally behind him as well.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Which job, football coach or Asst. Principal?

ASST Principle
Hearing this may be true, Jewell may be offered, will he accept? I also here Mills, from Bell ,will be the next coach at Corbin.
Mills isn't going anywhere
:hilarious:
PRIDE101 Wrote:Hearing this may be true, Jewell may be offered, will he accept? I also here Mills, from Bell ,will be the next coach at Corbin.

That's almost as funny as Dudley going to Whitley county!!!:biglmao:
panther nation Wrote:If Jewell does step down. IMO Greg Duncum would be the best choice as new head coach. He has the respect of not only the players but the fans as well. He knows the program better than just about anyone out there. IMO the people of Corbin would rally behind him as well.

I like ole Greg but there is no way he can handle this position.
Steve Jewell will be assistant principal.

What does this do for Corbin this late in the game?
Most of the good coaches have found homes and were really close to spring practice...
Guts if this is true I drive to Middlesboro as fast as I can get there and hand Randy Frazier his first paycheck no interviews no messing around. Frazier and Tom Larkey are the only local coaches to beat Bell co since 2006 and guess who that was.....Rockcastle and Tom Larkey. Then you have to go back to prestonsonburg in 04 and to get Corbin you have to go all the way back to 03 over ten years.

Now not saying that Bell co is everyone's super bowl but, I hire the only coach that's beat my district foe in the last 8 years outside of Larkey
^
Im about sure its a done deal unless they hire someone from out of state. I don't see them hiring anyone in house over him.

If true, its going to be difficult to get that really good coach they need. If it does happen, I agree with you that Frazier should be on the list, but I promise you one thing, there will be more rumors about the Corbin job than the 50000 post on the whitley job thread.
Corbin needs a change hopefully they will look to the guys that made Corbin great while wearing the uniform. They have lost the luster of what it meant to be a Redhound around the region and state.
panther nation Wrote::hilarious:

Or Wburg beating Knox Central in basketball :biglmao:

Oh...wait a minute...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Im about sure its a done deal unless they hire someone from out of state. I don't see them hiring anyone in house over him.

If true, its going to be difficult to get that really good coach they need. If it does happen, I agree with you that Frazier should be on the list, but I promise you one thing, there will be more rumors about the Corbin job than the 50000 post on the whitley job thread.

I honestly don't think it will happen but if it does, Corbin will have someone in place in 30 days. Whitley drug their feet feet waiting on Dudley and it backfired. Corbin would not hire Dudley. Personally I'd be all for it but it will never happen.
panther nation Wrote::hilarious:

That was about as funny as the Whitley people thinking that Dudley was coming.:biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Or Wburg beating Knox Central in basketball :biglmao:

Oh...wait a minute...

We know it was embarrassing getting beat last night. But come on Whitley not made the boys region since Eisenhower was president. So if your going to pick on us at least do it on something besides boys basketball.
insideinfo Wrote:We know it was embarrassing getting beat last night. But come on Whitley not made the boys region since Eisenhower was president. So if your going to pick on us at least do it on something besides boys basketball.

2009 bud.
At least look on KHSAA to back up your facts.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:2009 bud.
At least look on KHSAA to back up your facts.

Thanks for making my point if I got to look it up it has been way to long. If you want to ride us on girls basketball or test scores go right ahead,but I don't think anybody from Whitley can ride us about boys basketball ,even after the embarrassing showing the other night.
insideinfo Wrote:Thanks for making my point if I got to look it up it has been way to long. If you want to ride us on girls basketball or test scores go right ahead,but I don't think anybody from Whitley can ride us about boys basketball ,even after the embarrassing showing the other night.

Its not just Whitley. There are several teams that have only been to the region tourney one time or less since 2009.
My remarks were because of the way panther was trolling Whitleys football this year.

So, in essence, no we cant talk crap about basketball, but Knox Central cant talk anything about football either.....I forget how successful they have been. Something like 9-247 during the 90s? Wasn't much better than that until 2008 or 2009 when district runner ups started piling up.
When can we expect this hire, Jewell or someone else?
Flicka Wrote:When can we expect this hire, Jewell or someone else?

Soon
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its not just Whitley. There are several teams that have only been to the region tourney one time or less since 2009.
My remarks were because of the way panther was trolling Whitleys football this year.

So, in essence, no we cant talk crap about basketball, but Knox Central cant talk anything about football either.....I forget how successful they have been. Something like 9-247 during the 90s? Wasn't much better than that until 2008 or 2009 when district runner ups started piling up.

When you got people like PJ and THE WHIZZ sometimes it just makes it easy. We got a couple that can't get over Coach Mills going to Bell and they troll every Bell thread.
insideinfo Wrote:When you got people like PJ and THE WHIZZ sometimes it just makes it easy. We got a couple that can't get over Coach Mills going to Bell and they troll every Bell thread.

Understood, its nothing personal. I find it quite amusing, hence my 20000 post Confusednicker:
Heard this was official.
TriCountySports Wrote:Heard this was official.

He already told the players.
Let the rumors begin.....
Let me be first DUDLEY to Corbin. I saw him looking at houses over the weekend.:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
Corbin High has confirmed it.
Told you guys :biggrin:

I had a good source. Hasn't let me down yet Confusednicker:

Maybe now Corbin and Whitley can actually play some football. No more scared Jewell running around. Imagine if they brought Frazier in. It would be a sure thing. Frazier and Chappell are good friends, it would be easy to set it up.
I hope Frazier gets this job and beats the life out of Middlesbore every time they play!