Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Steve Jewell taking Assistant Principal job!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rumor has it Jewell will talk the assistant principal job in 2014-2015 school year. I was told he would not be allowed to coach if he took the position. Is this true and has anyone else heard this??????
Go Big Red! Wrote:Rumor has it Jewell will talk the assistant principal job in 2014-2015 school year. I was told he would not be allowed to coach if he took the position. Is this true and has anyone else heard this??????

He may take it if offered, don't think they have made a decision on it yet, at least as far as I know.
Jewell will be on the sidelines next year.
Dave Mitchell would do a good job.
Can assistant principals not coach football or any sport?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Can assistant principals not coach football or any sport?

Corbin does not allow their Principals or Asst. Principals to coach.

Hard to coach an collect gate money....I would think you could do both..Good question. TongueirateSho
Your probably right GUT!! I was hoping he would take it and Corbin would make Mouser, Jackson or Greg the Head coach. I think if we got rid of Jewell and Farris it would be big move in the right direction. I like Farris A LOT as a person but I think his better days on the sidelines are over.
Go Big Red! Wrote:Your probably right GUT!! I was hoping he would take it and Corbin would make Mouser, Jackson or Greg the Head coach. I think if we got rid of Jewell and Farris it would be big move in the right direction. I like Farris A LOT as a person but I think his better days on the sidelines are over.

I hadn't though about it, but now that you mention it, I wish Whitley would have talked to Jackson. Big time up and comer, and could very well be Corbins next coach once Jewell is gone. The kids love him.
I love all of those guys and think they are great people and would do great as the Corbin coach. However, part of me wants to see an "outsider" get a look or at least someone that is connected that knows what Corbin football is all about but distant enough from the current regime but wouldn't be afraid to do their own thing.

I know his wife is a Corbin person but did see Reid hobknobbing wifh the Redhound faithful tonight. Why not? Him or Mike Jackson would be my top two since Chuck Smith is off the board.
HAROLD Wrote:I love all of those guys and think they are great people and would do great as the Corbin coach. However, part of me wants to see an "outsider" get a look or at least someone that is connected that knows what Corbin football is all about but distant enough from the current regime but wouldn't be afraid to do their own thing.

I know his wife is a Corbin person but did see Reid hobknobbing wifh the Redhound faithful tonight. Why not? Him or Mike Jackson would be my top two since Chuck Smith is off the board.

Who is Coach Reid's wife and what is he qualified to teach?
I was told Jewell has already met with players to discuss spring football and such.
If that's the case, I would think hes gonna be on the sidelines.
Chappell could be lured away from his commitment to Whitley.
^
Confusednicker:

If Corbin wants him, I guess we could let him go...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Confusednicker:

If Corbin wants him, I guess we could let him go...

Another buy out bingo money going fast Gut Confusednicker:

In the past, my understanding was only the Principal isn't allowed to be head coach. I've never heard such a silly rule saying the asst. couldn't.
The rumor was also that Tony Pietrowski applied. I think both are just rumors. It seems like this happens every other year or so.
Deaton was the assistant principal and coached basketball.
Real Badman Wrote:In the past, my understanding was only the Principal isn't allowed to be head coach. I've never heard such a silly rule saying the asst. couldn't.
It all depends on the district and its policies...there are some districts that allow it and some that dont.
Not for sure, but I believe that Corbin changed its policy after Deaton left. Because he never did anything as asst. principal!
redstorm Wrote:Not for sure, but I believe that Corbin changed its policy after Deaton left. Because he never did anything as asst. principal!

You are correct. The thought was that the coach may be tempted to put the coaching position over the administrative job, so they put an end to it.
Whitley doesn't allow it.
Announcement coming on this issue Friday from the school board.
This would be the best thing to happen to Corbin since the 82 championship if he did take the job!!!
Hope he does. Its time fir Corbin to get back to the glory days. :redboxer:
^
Some head coaches weren't even born yet when Corbin was in there glory days.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Some head coaches weren't even born yet when Corbin was in there glory days.
. Confusednicker:

Isn't that the truth!!
Corbin was interviewing yesterday for this job.
^
IF Corbin gets a new coach I'm gonna let Go Big Red out of our Avatar bet so he can celebrate properly.... he'll be stoked!!!
E's Army Wrote:Corbin was interviewing yesterday for this job.

Which job, football coach or Asst. Principal?
Pages: 1 2