Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green 49 Pulaski County 14
Great season by the Maroons! The best season in the school's history.
Thunder Lips Wrote:May I suggest your beloved birds figure out how to defeat small upstart 4A schools before you talk about beating the monster that is BG.

Highlands slaughtered BG in 2007. BG had many chances since to play Highlands. Instead, the west sent teams like Christian County that lost 50-0.

PaytoPlay Wrote:Again, COMON MAN!

You are on a Troll sir. :Thumbs:

You need to learn some proper grammar sir. That Collins edumication is showing! Come on man!
I know several coaches that don't have their kids take a knee in that situation due to cramping and other things associated with being in an unnatural position for an extened period of time.

I used to feel the same way about the knee, but IMO it is much to do about nothing.

Classless would be if any of the BG players or fans were cheering for the injury...I've seen that many times and that is classless, not taking a knee is not classless.
Congrats to BG and their speedy athleticism. As a Maroon fan, I do not necessarily think the whole action of not taking a knee by BG was classless. I agree that the time should be used constructively, to hydrate, game plan, etc. However, when it is your own blood brother out there sometimes all one can do is stare. I don't think the entire Maroon nation was upset or even noticing the knee'ing incident. We just wanted our Riley to be okay.

Hats off to the Maroons. Cannot wait for next year!
Great Season Maroons. Hold your heads high. I think its safe to say you will be there again and again for the next few years. Paybacks are sweet.
BG simply had more athletes this year. From what I saw though PC will have a lot in the near future. I hope the qb is okay.
Bowling green was just a better team than us yesterday-I could care less if a team takes a knee or not as long as they are not celebrating. Pulaski will learn form this great experence and move on to next season in hopes of returning to the carpet for a chance to win one, good luck to all.
Didn't get to go to the game because they rescheduled it but, from what I was told and from the very small amount I heard on the radio, Pulaski was the better team in the first half. Sounds like it came down to a demoralizing first drive for the Maroons in the 2nd half as well as adjustments. Bowling Green was able to make the needed adjustments and Pulaski wasn't. Absolutely amazing season for the Maroons! I could not be happier!

Congrats to Bowling Green on yet another perfect season! Hope to see you again next season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I really thought after the first 3 drives for PC, that they were gonna upset the Purples. Then, here comes BG and it got ugly quick.
Congrats to Bowling Green on their third straight title. Quite a feat indeed. Hopefully PC earned the respect from BG as well. Happy Holidays to all.
The_Rock Wrote:Great Season Maroons. Hold your heads high. I think its safe to say you will be there again and again for the next few years. Paybacks are sweet.

I am not trying to pick your post apart but the Maroons better not take anything for granted or they will be like Calloway Co. whom I thought would win 2a this year.

With hard work, focus and determination they could get back next year.
Woody Hayes Wrote:Congrats to Bowling Green on their third straight title. Quite a feat indeed. Hopefully PC earned the respect from BG as well. Happy Holidays to all.

Pulaski County was as good as advertised. Mr. Hall has a great future in football. He is one of the best sophomores I've seen in a long time. They have some big time players on that team. I wish they could get some more kids to try out and play. Other than depth, I don't see any reason they won't cruise into the final next year. I wish them luck.
Willie Turnover Wrote:I am not trying to pick your post apart but the Maroons better not take anything for granted or they will be like Calloway Co. whom I thought would win 2a this year.

With hard work, focus and determination they could get back next year.

You meant Caldwell County, right?
lol yes thats exactly what i meant. Sleep deprivation is a bad thing.
Congrats to Bowling Green. #3 and #12 very fast and know how to take it to the house. They made the necessary adjustments in the 2nd half to stop the running game of PC. As for the class thing, my biggest complaint is that when#7 went down they celebrated over him. The Corner that was on PC side actually ran over the top of him while the ref was checking on him. I'm ok with celebrating a big hit but not like that. The video looks like when he jumped over him he said something. Not sure though since I wasn't on the field. Outside of that, great game by born teams, BG deserves the victory.
wiseguy85 Wrote:Congrats to Bowling Green. #3 and #12 very fast and know how to take it to the house. They made the necessary adjustments in the 2nd half to stop the running game of PC. As for the class thing, my biggest complaint is that when#7 went down they celebrated over him. The Corner that was on PC side actually ran over the top of him while the ref was checking on him. I'm ok with celebrating a big hit but not like that. The video looks like when he jumped over him he said something. Not sure though since I wasn't on the field. Outside of that, great game by born teams, BG deserves the victory.

I believe kids watch too much Pro and college football. When they make a big hit or sack, they act like they have won the lottery. I don't like it either. I thought their QB was really hurt and I don't like those kinds of celebrations. They should throw a flag or something. I don't think it will happen, but it might make them think a little more. They all do it.
The_Rock Wrote:Great Season Maroons. Hold your heads high. I think its safe to say you will be there again and again for the next few years. Paybacks are sweet.

Yeah, just ask Collins!
Wink

mysonis55 Wrote:I really thought after the first 3 drives for PC, that they were gonna upset the Purples. Then, here comes BG and it got ugly quick.

The momentum changed for BG's favor just before halftime, and they never looked back!!

adopted purple Wrote:I believe kids watch too much Pro and college football. When they make a big hit or sack, they act like they have won the lottery. I don't like it either. I thought their QB was really hurt and I don't like those kinds of celebrations. They should throw a flag or something. I don't think it will happen, but it might make them think a little more. They all do it.

Injuries are terribly tragic for any football player, and I don't give a damn WHAT team they represent!! These kids have given everything for their respective team, and deserve that honor and respect!! JMO
BG is a powerhouse, they proved why they're the best in the state, however PC is retuning all of 5 kids. We'll see this matchup again next year.