Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green 49 Pulaski County 14
Final in 5A Championship Game.
Great game for a half. Congrats to Bowling Green on the three peat.
I concur.
Zero penalties on BG in 2nd half..

Zero sportsmanship from BG. Very disappointing to see

Better game than the score indicates, good game Maroons. There's no reason to hang your heads, one heck of a season. Bright future ahead.
KarnivalKat Wrote:Zero penalties on BG in 2nd half..

Better game than the score indicates, good game Maroons. There's no reason to hang your heads, one heck of a season. Bright future ahead.

Really? You had to throw that in? It was a good game for a half, but BG made adjustments and shut down a very good Pulaski County team in the second half. The only bad sportsmanship I've seen is your post.
adopted purple Wrote:Really? You had to throw that in? It was a good game for a half, but BG made adjustments and shut down a very good Pulaski County team in the second half. The only bad sportsmanship I've seen is your post.

He speaks the truth. I'm sure you feel good with Highlands no longer in your division.
Congrats to Bowling Green!!!
14-0 PC Early in the second qtr

14-14 at haltime

second half was all BG
adopted purple Wrote:Really? You had to throw that in? It was a good game for a half, but BG made adjustments and shut down a very good Pulaski County team in the second half. The only bad sportsmanship I've seen is your post.

How so?

Complete lack of class shown when you fail to take a knee for an injured player.
Taunting the sidelines when the refs aren't around.

Don't deny this, it makes you look bad.

At the end of the day, BG is bigger and more talented from top to bottom. They're certainly the better team, but, they showed a very low level of class at times.
WideRight05 Wrote:He speaks the truth. I'm sure you feel good with Highlands no longer in your division.
May I suggest your beloved birds figure out how to defeat small upstart 4A schools before you talk about beating the monster that is BG.
Only 1 team had a player ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. That was PC #80. You don't get to decide when a team takes a knee this ain't girls soccer.
Great season Pulaski County :Cheerlead
WideRight05 Wrote:He speaks the truth. I'm sure you feel good with Highlands no longer in your division.

Again, COMON MAN!

You are on a Troll sir. :Thumbs:
KarnivalKat Wrote:Zero penalties on BG in 2nd half..

they was a little to cocky for sure...
Iam4thecats Wrote:Only 1 team had a player ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. That was PC #80. You don't get to decide when a team takes a knee this ain't girls soccer.

What does girls soccer have to do with taking a knee.

I hate to break it too you, but it's the norm to do so espc in a situation like that.
Congrats Bowling Green !! 44 in a row
Congrats to BG on a job well done. PC is a very young but talented team that will play in many more State games. Great job to both teams and their coaches.
Man this has gotten nasty. Some teams do not teach the taking a knee thing, as we do. I don't think the kids meant any disrespect. I think there are hurt feelings here.

What I would like to say is that I would put the sophomore qb from Pulaski right up there with the top athletes that BG had. I would think BG faithful will agree. That kid is gonna be special. I would say he will be in the running with McCracken's Hughes for Mr Football of 2015.
^
Pulaskis Sophomore and frosh classes are loaded.
The entire complexion of the game changed early in the 3rd. On 3rd & 3 Pulaski completes a pass for the first down at the BG 19, but was flagged for illegal man down field. It negated the 1 st down making it 3rd & 8. Next play was a holing penalty by PC making it 3rd & 28. You could feel every bit of energy go out of the PC side after those 2 plays. Instead of 1st & 10 at BG 19, it was 4th & 28+ from around the 45. Game changer. Proud of this Maroon team! I'm sure they will be back!
Sometimes that makes all the difference in the world win playing against championship caliber teams.
BG was a little better than I thought or I should say #3 was better than I thought. I also think if PC takes advantage of the on sides kick after half time might been a different outcome, but I give BG credit they got a stop and took control of the game. It's sad that the 2 words that come to mind when I think of BG football is not state champion it's NO CLASS!!!!!!! Period. At what level of football are kids or young men not thought to take a knee and show respect to a injured player. Absolutely the worse showing of dis-respect I've ever seen at a high school, college, or youth league sporting event. I would rater lose every game cheering for the Maroons as win everyone cheering for BG.
That not how its done here. Sorry your feelings are hurt. You can't put your feelings on other people. The qb played like Johhny Manziel, hope he is ok.
Congrats to Bowling Green on another undefeated season and state championship. They have had a very impressive run the past 3 seasons!

Congrats to Pulaski County on a great season and good luck to them in the future. Getting experience in the big game, working hard, and getting a year older can make a huge difference. Just ask Collins.
I heard the score of 14 to 0 and just assumed it was BG, almost fell out of the chair when i heard it was PC. Congrats Pulaski, best season in school history and looks like a bright future for you, was rooting the whole way.

With that said, it seems like P.C. is distracting the loss with the unsportsmanship ideas. I may come under fire for this, but I honestly don't understand why its disrespectful to not take a knee. As long as BG is on their sidelines not taunting the injured player i don't see anything wrong with it. It gives both teams a moment to catch their breath and get a quick game plan together. Don't taint the end of a great season with this unsportsman like stuff. It sucks to lose, we all know it.
jim rome Wrote:BG was a little better than I thought or I should say #3 was better than I thought. I also think if PC takes advantage of the on sides kick after half time might been a different outcome, but I give BG credit they got a stop and took control of the game. It's sad that the 2 words that come to mind when I think of BG football is not state champion it's NO CLASS!!!!!!! Period. At what level of football are kids or young men not thought to take a knee and show respect to a injured player. Absolutely the worse showing of dis-respect I've ever seen at a high school, college, or youth league sporting event. I would rater lose every game cheering for the Maroons as win everyone cheering for BG.

I've seen lots of games where neither team took a knee during an injury.
jim rome Wrote:BG was a little better than I thought or I should say #3 was better than I thought. I also think if PC takes advantage of the on sides kick after half time might been a different outcome, but I give BG credit they got a stop and took control of the game. It's sad that the 2 words that come to mind when I think of BG football is not state champion it's NO CLASS!!!!!!! Period. At what level of football are kids or young men not thought to take a knee and show respect to a injured player. Absolutely the worse showing of dis-respect I've ever seen at a high school, college, or youth league sporting event. I would rater lose every game cheering for the Maroons as win everyone cheering for BG.

I fail to see how BG has "no class." When the PC QB was injured PC turned the ball over on downs. BG was running of the field and in transition between the squads. BG did not have any players on the field to take a knee.

We all could make an argument for PC having a player ejected for throwing a punch as a showing of having "NO CLASS." We could also have an argument for PC not having #80 listed on the PC team roster. Just my two cents. PC is a good team and number 7 and 11 played a heck of a game.
jim rome Wrote:BG was a little better than I thought or I should say #3 was better than I thought.

So a young man with over 100 points on the season is not someone to watch out for? Blake Pillow finishes the season 599 rushing yards, 618 receiving. Plus an MVP to top off the year. Although these numbers are not astronomical you have to remember BG starters usually played two-three quarters per game though the year.
Why would you instruct players to take a knee? Let them get a drink take a breath and get some coaching. It ain't like staring at an injured player will make him better.

Thanks for your kind words in the first half of your post. I think Bowling Green's defense was the difference in the 2nd half. As to the second part of your post, I will have to agree with you on the taking a knee thing. A couple of them forget to do it every now and then. I don't think it's meant to be rude, but it is football. They are the 3 times defending state 5A champs in football. Regional runner up in taking a knee.