Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 34 Raceland 7
Sure would like to have seen this game. Congrats to the Burg. 64, you must have known something all season that none of us did. Congratulations , and good luck at BG. Will be pulling for your team. No offence 55, but got to pull for the East in this one. GO JACKETS!!
Williamsburg looked very good offensively tonight. It is usually the defense that sets the tone for the Jackets. Tonight it was the offense that set the tone. Chase Lowrie played a heck of a game both offensively and defensively.
I'm very happy for the Wburg faithful tonight. I may give you guys a hard time but you are representing this area very well.
Now, go finish this thing.
We got handled up front period. You don't control the line of scrimmage you lose.
Congrats to Williamsburg. They have an impressive offense, but I was more impressed with their defense. They seemed to have five and six defenders in on every tackle. That's all I will say for now, don't wanna upset the others.
Congrats Jacket fans. I'll be pulling for you guys next week...
Nobody gave this Williamsburg team a chance. I picked them in pre-season to go to the state finals. Everybody picked against them every week in playoffs and they are on their way to Bowling Green. I guess they will pick Mayfield to beat them too. Not me Williamsburg wins Class A Championship.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:We got handled up front period. You don't control the line of scrimmage you lose.
Eleventy billion times....
Topnotch has been trying to tell everybody how good Ethan Wilson and Chris Helton were up front. They are two standouts. The whole line, both sides, held up very well last night.
Congrats to Williamsburg. Very impressive win.

64 will go nuts till kickoff with Mayfield. 55 he is coming for you.
Congrats to the Jackets, great game play, good luck next week.
After several hours of research Ram-A-Devil's predictions was missed by eleventy billion 27 making it the largest point spread missed predition in the history of ever!
A Big Cong: to Dalton and his Gang. Great win!!! Will be pulling for you in BG. Sur 64 a man from Bob Fork could get lost in BG.lol
64SUR could get lost in Hyden.
I get lost in London Confusedhh:
Hats off to Williamsburg. Solid team, and they deserved to win. RAMS could never get untracked never recovered after the turnover in the 3rd quarter trailing 14-7.

Good luck against Mayfield. Great season RAMS, another steppingstone to build for the future.
Raceland, you all were a class act all across the board. Fans, coaches and players were all very respectful and people of character. Kudos to all of you from raceland.
congrats on Raceland football team and wow great fan support from raceland :Thumbs:
I suspect some of the Rams bunch will be at Friday's game.
Coach Maynard and the Rams went as far as they could go, speed kills, and it killed them last night, they had a good season but came up short again, they still will have to wait to dance on the carpet. Alot of good seniors departing they will definitely have to reload for next season, maybe they can get some Fairview transfers.
Eagle/Rams
old warrior Wrote:Coach Maynard and the Rams went as far as they could go, speed kills, and it killed them last night, they had a good season but came up short again, they still will have to wait to dance on the carpet. Alot of good seniors departing they will definitely have to reload for next season, maybe they can get some Fairview transfers.

I was told some are going to Ironton after the year is over and we already know one is at Ashland. Also heard they may go to Cabell Midland or Spring Valley I guess it is a waiting game.
I like how they can just shop around over there.
old warrior Wrote:Coach Maynard and the Rams went as far as they could go, speed kills, and it killed them last night, they had a good season but came up short again, they still will have to wait to dance on the carpet. Alot of good seniors departing they will definitely have to reload for next season, maybe they can get some Fairview transfers.

I doubt VERY seriously that will happen. Raceland loses some seniors yea, but their JV/FROSH teams had alot of tallent. They return all of the WRs and DBs, Minus Beech, which was really only used in the nickel package. They return Lucas Bradley(will be a a Senior Center 6'0" 290) and Isaac Wallace(O/Dline wil be a Soph 6'1" 300).

Defensively The key will be who comes up to replace Risner and Boggs on the edge. Offensively it will be a matter of who takes over the reigns from Elkins. Josh Young, imo, will be the front runner. You will also probably see alot of Wildcat and Messer out of the backfield. Snyder, Christian, and Walker all saw alot of carries this year. They along with Robinson(sleeper stud), will see most of the touches out of the backfield. Much like Hazard with Olingers, the Manis name will carry on as well. Austin's brother Jared will be a soph next hear and shoukd see some time at DE.

It will be a tough season for Raceland next year, but they will be a team to make some noise by playoff time. Problem is, Ashland and Lawrence Co were young last year and Pikeville, Paintsville, Hazard and Williamsburg were all dominated by Soph/Jrs. Raceland will have to do alot of work in the off season to get where they want to be next year.Lots of tallent, good bit of size, very little line experience though. Who will step up on AND off the field?
Who is the Robinson kid you speak of????
I do that every time RamPride! Davidson...Nathaniel. I always flub his last name.
Yes he is a player for a freshman, he will be a fine addition for next year. I would see him fill a linebacker or the DOG position.
Either him or Carson at LB.