Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Belfry the best team in eastern Kentucky
Long live belfry
Pulp, I agree with you , and I like your posts but I would have to say that jj Jude's junior year was there best year. I can't remember their fullbacks name but he was an absolute man child.
Fundamentals Wrote:Pulp, I agree with you , and I like your posts but I would have to say that jj Jude's junior year was there best year. I can't remember their fullbacks name but he was an absolute man child.

JJ's junior year.... he graduated in 2011. So his junior year would be 2010....

Are you 100% sure it was his junior year...... we've had some beasts at the fullback position in the Matney era.....
^ He would be referring to the 2010 year when Tanner Bratton (spelling may be off) lined up in the fullback position. Guy was a heck of a lead blocker and a solid runner on a team that took Highlands to the wire in the regional final. The versatile J.K. Hall played the QB position. J.J. Jude played in 2011, so he likely graduated in 2012.
JC is the top team in Eastern Ky
I'm referring to the 2010 team. The year highlands squeaked by and Jc took it to us (belfry). I think the fb's name was dj ousley? Guy was a train. Tanner Braxton or however you spell his name was a great athlete as well though.
Your statement about fullbacks is very true! What do you all feed those boys down there??? People can whine about the whole hold back thing all they want. Those guys put time in the weight room.
meat loaf Wrote:Lindsey Wilson is not in the east!

Depends on who you ask.
I dont think EASTERN Kentucky University is in Eastern KY, but the name would sure make you think so.
Who has JC beat thTs actually a good solid football team.
Depends what you call solid I don't like them but I respect JC. They are so good they make everyone look silly so its hard to say. #notevenclose #everygame #sameinbelfrygame #runningclock
#thisis#nottwitter
Let's make sure we realize that Belfry is not losing any sleep thinking about JC and I am sure the same can be said for JC thinking about Belfry. More important fish to fry are on the schedule this week and then focus can be turned to the game next week. Belfry uses the JC game to measure itself on both sides of the ball against a big physical team. If they win, it is a bonus and if they lose they just try to emphasize and correct mistakes in preparation for the playoffs. Belfry is worried about being the best 3A team in the state, not the best team in eastern kentucky.
Highlands is playing Cincinnati Elder this weekend in order to prepare for Johnson Central. Who is JC playing? I think for JC to start competing with the Bluebirds, Coach Matney is going to have to beef up his schedule and take a few loses in the regular season. Perhaps play Louisville St. X or Trinity. Maybe go play some of the GCL Teams like Moeller or Colerain. Im sure they would love to play JC, they'd probably consider it an easy win. I feel like Belfry plays a tough enough schedule to play for a 3A title. JC doesnt. Highlands is the top of the food chain. To prepare for them, you have to play teams better than Highlands. And I know, those kind of teams are hard to find.