Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Belfry the best team in eastern Kentucky
[In my opinion they are.
Opinions are like A-holes.
No, they are not the best, but they are among the best.
Being from Belfry I would love to say yes but right now I think Johnson Central has the edge. belfry is one of the best and you could even say Belfry and JC ate pretty close right now. I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks when these two juggernauts meet. Should be a good one if both play to their potential and limit their mistakes.
I guess we will find out next Friday night. Next Friday will settle all. I wish I could watch but we have I guess our biggest rival game against Bell that I will be attending and cheer on our Bears. Good luck to both Belfry and JC and may the best team in the mountains win.
^^
I know!!! I would LOVE to see the Belfry/Johnson Central game.....if we were playing anybody else but Bell.....maybe. But we aren't. I will be firmly planted on Log Mountain come November 1st!!
The Super Bowl on Pond Creek.....

JC vs. Belfry
I like your posts Belfry. I think, honestly, you're trying to be like me from a couple of the threads you started.

If I'm a Belfry fan, this is how I roll with starting this thread...

"Is Belfry the best team in Eastern Kentucky? It sure looks like it to me. After all, you have Bell County, who seems to have lost all hope. You have Ashland and Johnson Central with a combined 16 wins, all against easy, easy teams. Then, lastly, it's EKY, so how many good teams are there? We're the only ones around here that can ever make it past the third round."

And that, is how you do it.
Simple answer is no. Really good team and will possibly be 3a state champs but, no.
No
I think it would be real hard to say who is the best team in all of Ky. I would say it is between Bowling Green, Highlands and Male this year.
WideRight05 Wrote:I like your posts Belfry. I think, honestly, you're trying to be like me from a couple of the threads you started.

If I'm a Belfry fan, this is how I roll with starting this thread...

"Is Belfry the best team in Eastern Kentucky? It sure looks like it to me. After all, you have Bell County, who seems to have lost all hope. You have Ashland and Johnson Central with a combined 16 wins, all against easy, easy teams. Then, lastly, it's EKY, so how many good teams are there? We're the only ones around here that can ever make it past the third round."

And that, is how you do it.

HAHA...... well done. You forgot to rile up Corbin and Middlesboro fans though. They seem to have a bit of a quick fuse as well.
Also the answer is a definitive "NO"... JC clearly is the team to beat East of I-75
Who is the best? That's a hard one, but we will know the answer to this question next week when Johnson central travels to pond creek for what most of the people in the mountains will call the battle for king of the mountains 2013.
Will be a great game on Pond Creek, but I'm gonna go with JC.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA...... well done. You forgot to rile up Corbin and Middlesboro fans though. They seem to have a bit of a quick fuse as well.

True, although Belfry has a much larger crowd. Confusednicker:
Someone has got to mention Raceland they are getting Hot at the right time. But I forgot they are just 1a School lol but hands down JC the best this year.
1930, 11/1/13. We'll all know soon enough.
No. JC is 2- 3 td's better.
No.
The best team in EKY would probably be Eastern Kentucky University, followed by the Cumberlands, Lindsey Wilson, and then Pikeville. After that, I would have to assum its Union College, and then maybe Johnson Central.
I think male has proved them self beating trinity that's the first time since 2000 trinity has been beat by a Kentucky school let alone a public school.
Belfry and JC both could beat Lindsey Wilson lol.
^ this guy is obviously a troll.

The answer is NO however.
No. Johnson Central IMO is the best at this time. Belfry will have a chance to prove me wrong next week. I personally hope they do.
Belfry is the KING. JC has never been to the State Championship game. Dont matter if they have beaten Belfry a few times or not in the regular season. Long Live Belfry!!!!!
Sorry, I read and replied to this on my iphone. I missed the word eastern. They probably are the best team in eastern ky. They are not the best team in ky.
When you hear Belfry.... you think of Vipperman Stadium, Phillip Heywood, the pond creek nation and the 2003 & 2004 state championship teams.

Johnson Central is my team, I graduted there in 2003.... all of my family that live around the area graduted from JC or a Johnson County school at some point in time.

I'm sure some die hard fans from belfry can tell us how many 10-0 seasons they've had.... how many district, regional titles they've had.... and how many times they've been to the state finals in their history.

JC has never played in the actual state championship game... however, the JC vs. Highlands/Cov. Cath. game has been considered the state title game 4-5 times. JC has 1 regional title, two 10-0 seasons and I think 7 district titles. This years team is overall, IMO, the best in school history.

This year.... JC is by far the best team in the Mountains/Eastern Kentucky.
As much as it pains my soul to say this.... speaking from a "tradition" stand point, Belfry gets the nod based on their program's history.
The_Rock Wrote:Belfry is the KING. JC has never been to the State Championship game. Dont matter if they have beaten Belfry a few times or not in the regular season. Long Live Belfry!!!!!

:eyeroll: Confusedmoke:
Battle royale! JC
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No.
The best team in EKY would probably be Eastern Kentucky University, followed by the Cumberlands, Lindsey Wilson, and then Pikeville. After that, I would have to assum its Union College, and then maybe Johnson Central.
Lindsey Wilson is not in the east!