Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Male 24 - Trinity 14
adopted purple Wrote:Just because I think Bowling Green is #1, doesn't make them #1. Everyone has their own opinion. You talk about facts, but you use data from the 1990's and 2000's. Facts this year are, Trinity wore Highlands out in a scrimmage this year. Highlands barely beat Paducah Tilghman and John Hardin this year. This Highlands team is nowhere near the best Highlands team ever, as advertised this year.if you have any facts from this year, I'd love to hear them. This year.

When a team cannot consistently compete against the best schools, that is fact enough. It is hard to compare schedules and get an accruate analysis this year because they haven't played the same teams. See, it's one thing when a school gets beat one year or even spanked one year in the state finals, as Highlands did to Boyle County in 2003. It's another thing when a team consistently proves, as BG has done, that they cannot win against the big boys. Highlands bounced back and has won 7 titles since that 2003 loss. BG has all those close games with St. X and Trinity and only blowouts to Highlands, Lex Cath, and Cov Cath to show for it. Better yet, you should try proving to me that BG is the best team in the state. They beat Lex Cath, solid win. They beat St. X, solid win. McCallie is usually a tough out, but a 40-36 win against a 3-5 McCallie team isn't going to cut it this year. Highlands played a horrible game against a Paducah Tilghman team that came to play, and was missing Harris, our star runner, as well as Thurston on the line.. John Hardin wasn't as close as you make it out to be. It was a 27-6 game late, and if there is one weakness on this Highlands team, it is that when they build a big lead they are bad to let other teams come back.

I will happily take a huge loss to Trinity in a scrimmage if we keep winning state titles. Several players were missing against Trinity, and Dale Mueller does not play scrimmages to win. Trinity ran the same plays over and over that were working, trying to win moreso than actually work on plays. Winning is important, don't get me wrong, but what's most important about a scrimmage is developing in a real game scenario. Dale made all kinds of different calls, trying to see what worked and what didn't. I guarantee you that should Highlands and Trinity ever play in the regular season, and I hope they do, that it's a much closer game.

Now, prove to me that BG is the #1 team in the state, using facts from only this year. Maybe the fact that they had enough class to put up 91 points in a game would be justification. Confusednicker:
catsallthetime Wrote:Highlands has some good athletes. They are not in the top 20 if you ranked them on pure athleticism. Hell they wouldn't be in the top 3 or 4 in Lexington. Let alone Louisville. Yes you can compete with Elder or anyone else in High School if you have coaching. If you were an athlete you would know what I mean by that statement. But since you are not (An ex athlete with any success on the gridiron would not carry on the way you and wide do) . So since you are both fan-atics. You get a pass. I have seen Highlands play and they have elite coaching as I said earlier. Dale is a top 5% coach in the state. I also think French at Boyle, Jim McKee at Scott Co. is in the same class and not so sure Dunbar's Paul Rains isn't as well. Those are just who I have seen in this part of the state. The best coaching Highlands has been up against is a little better than average. I don't know about Cov Caths coach I will leave him out. Looks like he does a good job. What you do have at Highlands is Tradition. That goes a long way. When kids step on the field they know they are going to win. Bowling Green has the same mindset
just so you know. Oh one other thing. Since you guys don't recruit and BG
doesn't recruit stop spouting stats from 10 years ago. What the heck do those
teams have to do with todays team. There is turn over every year so don't
even mention that.

You are right about Highlands having excellent coaching, better than the top 5% that you stated. But they also have athletes, maybe not D1, but a lot of good hard working intelligent athletes. You can not beat a team like Elder with good coaching and poor athletes. And if you are listing stardust as a highlands fanatic you are wrong, he is a campbell co fan.
Whats with all this "cannot consisently beat" bull crap?
Were not talking about the best programs over the past decade, 5 years, or even two years.

Its about the best team this year, and who looks the best
I think Bowling Green has set themselves apart this year.
I think Male has stepped in to place themselves in that two spot, with Trinity, St. X, and Highlands rounding out the top 5, maybe. Im not sure if there arent other teams around the state that could beat the other 4.
sstack Wrote:You are right about Highlands having excellent coaching, better than the top 5% that you stated. But they also have athletes, maybe not D1, but a lot of good hard working intelligent athletes. You can not beat a team like Elder with good coaching and poor athletes. And if you are listing stardust as a highlands fanatic you are wrong, he is a campbell co fan.

Who said anything about poor athletes? You didn't read that in my post. I think they have average athletes but great smart well coached and prepared football players. As for stardust he maybe a Campbell County fan but he is Nky Football first and foremost.
catsallthetime Wrote:Who said anything about poor athletes? You didn't read that in my post. I think they have average athletes but great smart well coached and prepared football players. As for stardust he maybe a Campbell County fan but he is Nky Football first and foremost.

I can agree with that. I've seen Highlands beat many a team with better athletes over the years, including this year. Which is one of the reasons I don't necessarily agree that BG is a better football team than Highlands is this year.