Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Runningbacks in each division?
Ellis Cain is at Male not Manual.

However, Manual does have a nice running back in Michael Nero.
Jonathan Gist

46 attm
342 yards 171 yards per game 2 games
4 TDs

One of the best in 4a
panther nation Wrote:Jonathan Gist

46 attm
342 yards 171 yards per game 2 games
4 TDs

One of the best in 4a

I'm with you if there is five backs better than Gist in 4a I would love to see them.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Jones is a hard nosed, strong, and fast runner. He barley needs a whole b. he can make one for himself. His downfall, imo, lies in ball security. He made some bad choices in the Pikeville game and fumbled for the sake of an attempt to truck someone. I am all for aggressive rbs. But if you are going to be a second effort back, you MUST hold on to the ball.

Agree. Fumbles are definitely a game changer. However, when Pikeville's linebackers, and safety s finally realized they needed to wrap up around his ankles, and lower legs, that's when they had success against him.
Jaylen Boyd Caldwell County Jr 6'0 180 Ask anybody from Mayfield about his speed.
I think in 3A you should add any of the running backs that Belfry has. ANY of them would be the number 1 back at any other school. Instead we share the wealth with them all. Instead of letting one back rush for 200-300 yards per game we always have at least 2 with over a 100 and another 2 with 50-80 each. Add in our mobile QB you have a great backfield.
Bell from Henry Clay
BluegrassHoops1972 Wrote:Bell from Henry Clay

Talked to a couple of friends in paintsville tonight when I read this thread, I know JC hasn't played that tough of schedule but Daymion belcher has to be mentioned."I was told" three games close to 350 yards on 22 carries 3 or 4 Tds. Against the team from indiania 5 carries for 177 yrds. Thats pretty good.
FullCount Wrote:I actually agree, Jones could play at a much bigger school and be successful.

However, it's not just the O-Lines that would be better... it's the defenses too. Most kids are one way players that are more fresh, older, and just more athletic than mountain kids.

I can't believe you posted that. You Sir are just sad. If you truly think this.

Here's one for ya. If you live in Kentucky, the mountains or the city. To the rest of the Nation. You're still a HICK!

Also for your info. The Phelps and Daniel kids at Paintsville. WOULD play or start at any of your "bigger" schools in the state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:I can't believe you posted that. You Sir are just sad. If you truly think this.

Here's one for ya. If you live in Kentucky, the mountains or the city. To the rest of the Nation. You're still a HICK!

Also for your info. The Phelps and Daniel kids at Paintsville. WOULD play or start at any of your "bigger" schools in the state.

Sometimes you have to get out of Paintsville once in a while, sir. Louisville/Bowling Green/Northern KY players > than most Mountain kids. :truestory:
FullCount Wrote:Sometimes you have to get out of Paintsville once in a while, sir. Louisville/Bowling Green/Northern KY players > than most Mountain kids. :truestory:

Trust me. I don't stay in the mountains. I was in everyone of those areas just last year watching athletic events.. Maybe you should come to the mountains "once in a while" and you wouldn't be such a stereo type. :dudecomeon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
[attachment=o2851]
[quote=NoPicks]Daylin Beach of Raceland. Hands down top running back in 1A, maybe in the entire state. He's D1 in my opinion.[/QUOTE

The kid is a great running back, no doubt, but you should probably take your homer goggles off.
If you get a chance to watch them, Middlesboro RB's Ryan Pittman and Seth Barton are fun to watch. Run hard, multi-talented and also very solid defenders. And they are both juniors!

On a side note, the key to great backs usually falls back to a solid, strong O line. Just an observation...
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:From what I understood, once Kash was back at Paintsville after the attempt to transfer to Pikeville, they already had a new qb in place and Kash was moved to RB and TE. Someone correct me if I am wrong. A shame the kid got hurt. Seemed to be on course to have a great year. Best wishes to him and good luck towards a speedy recovery.

ScottyB, I found out yesterday he had season ending ankle surgery. What a bummer for him and the team.
Johnson central has a back by the name of belcher. He should be mentioned too. But one thing coach eants to give the ball to those other running backs who are average backs. If you have a stud give him the ball. Can't keep everybody happy. Like I said the other backs are just average.
you can't be serious with this list!?!

Elijah Bell

Charles Walker
Just wanted to bring a little reality to the "homer" thread. :biglmao:
Iam4thecats Wrote:Just wanted to bring a little reality to the "homer" thread. :biglmao:

This person gets it. :beer:
podunker Wrote:Johnson central has a back by the name of belcher. He should be mentioned too. But one thing coach eants to give the ball to those other running backs who are average backs. If you have a stud give him the ball. Can't keep everybody happy. Like I said the other backs are just average.

Hey, belcher may be the best back but Matney has to mix it up and give it to all three backs so teams can't key on one player!!
Iam4thecats Wrote:

Charles Walker

Good looking back, but Whitehead, Wilson from HC. Johnson, Hatfield and Carr from Belfry and im sure there is several more that could look as impressive on that team. We get it down here. Yes we know there is great talent in the bigger metro areas, but the truth is there are backs from these here hills that would compete for starting positions even in the larger metro area's. It usually turns out there the best athletes on the team and have to play both ways, the difference is as a whole the metro schools have more talent from top to bottom.
Carson Whitehead from Harlan County should be considered.
Caldwell County's Jaylen Boyd is probably only behind Dylan Byrd of DeSales in 2A. Ask the Mayfield crowd
In 3a Nick Conley is going to be up there. Just a freshman. I think already better than the Brown kid from West Carter.