4.Quentel Bradley Glascow
5.Seth Barton Middlesboro

1A
1.Chase Hall Pikeville
2.Kent Phelps Paintsville
3.Conner Ford Pineville
4.Daylon Beach Raceland
5.Tanner Dolan Fairview
You can't not tell me that you don't think Brandon Jones form hazard is not anyplace on your 1a list. Your are funny!!!!!
pork Wrote:You can't not tell me that you don't think Brandon Jones form hazard is not anyplace on your 1a list. Your are funny!!!!!

Got to agree. Brandon Jones should be listed, imo.
Should be first if you ask me !!!!!
I know I haven't seen any of them yet this year, but I would have to say someone forgot about the, I think it was Kash, kid from Paintsville that got hurt in the Pikeville game. He sounded like a stud and deserves some credit if for nothing else, the way he left it all on the field in that game.
I honestly think Brandon Jones is overrated... This is just my list
Jones is a hard nosed, strong, and fast runner. He barley needs a whole b. he can make one for himself. His downfall, imo, lies in ball security. He made some bad choices in the Pikeville game and fumbled for the sake of an attempt to truck someone. I am all for aggressive rbs. But if you are going to be a second effort back, you MUST hold on to the ball.
Brandon Jones should be No. 1 on the 1A list. He is the real deal.
Still think he is better than anyone on this list !!!! Hands down but that's just me
mysonis55 Wrote:I know I haven't seen any of them yet this year, but I would have to say someone forgot about the, I think it was Kash, kid from Paintsville that got hurt in the Pikeville game. He sounded like a stud and deserves some credit if for nothing else, the way he left it all on the field in that game.

He is a qb not a rb , but he is one heck of a qb
From what I understood, once Kash was back at Paintsville after the attempt to transfer to Pikeville, they already had a new qb in place and Kash was moved to RB and TE. Someone correct me if I am wrong. A shame the kid got hurt. Seemed to be on course to have a great year. Best wishes to him and good luck towards a speedy recovery.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:From what I understood, once Kash was back at Paintsville after the attempt to transfer to Pikeville, they already had a new qb in place and Kash was moved to RB and TE. Someone correct me if I am wrong. A shame the kid got hurt. Seemed to be on course to have a great year. Best wishes to him and good luck towards a speedy recovery.

:Thumbs:
The kid from Hazard is def one of the top backs in class A. Kid can flat out play. I would not like to be a safety and see him break thru the line heading my way.
Brandon jones is the best RB in 1a in the east :runtouchd:runtouchd:runtouchd
Daylin Beach from Raceland is not bad either.
TOP 15 RUSHING LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 2 games)
(ranked by net yards rushing average)
Player School Gms Att Yds TD Avg
Chase Hall Pikeville 2 51 368 5 184
Kent Phelps Paintsville 3 61 447 3 149
Conner Ford Pineville 2 24 264 3 132
Shelby Armstrong Eminence 2 19 227 3 114
Tanner Dolen Fairview 2 23 213 3 107
Daylin Beach Raceland 3 38 291 4 97
Isaiah King Fairview 2 25 185 1 93
Dylan Huff Bellevue 3 47 262 5 87
Kurtlen Brown Fairview 2 10 170 0 85
Darian Fountain Fulton City 3 21 250 3 83
Brad Fuson Pineville 2 31 161 2 81
Aaron Williams Paris 3 36 236 0 79
Jordan Duff Kentucky Country Day 3 20 232 2 77
Austin Charles Pikeville 2 18 140 1 70
Tommy Staffeiri Kentucky Country Day 3 33 204 1 68
Brandon Jones stats: yds 708
TDs 7
atmp 66

He is a top 5 in 1A.
Not all teams have reported stats to the khsaa.
Blue Tisdale and Blake Pillow for Bowling Green.
Daylin Beach of Raceland. Hands down top running back in 1A, maybe in the entire state. He's D1 in my opinion.
Watch a few weeks of Louisville, Bowling Green, and Northern KY high school football in person.... this list would drastically change.

The second and third stringers at those high schools are better, for the most part, than the "stars" of Eastern and Central KY.
^Nice way to take a shot at less populated regions, I do agree that the bigger schools with more pop. to draw from in turn have better backs much more often than their southeastern counterparts. I watched trinity destroy Cathedral a few years back, they are insane with talent.
2 Rbs that MUST BE considered in this ranking.

Tristan Luke RB for 3a Fort Campbell-2000 yds last year
Jalen Boyd RB for 2a Caldwell County-also 2000 yd rusher last year.

I would would put both of these RBs near the top in any class after Damien Harris and Dylan Byrd.
Jones could play at any of the city schools. What you have to remember is that those backs in the city also have the luxury of having big, athletic lines blocking for them. Give some of the backs in the mountains the same lines and watch their stats go up.
I actually agree, Jones could play at a much bigger school and be successful.

However, it's not just the O-Lines that would be better... it's the defenses too. Most kids are one way players that are more fresh, older, and just more athletic than mountain kids.
FullCount Wrote:I actually agree, Jones could play at a much bigger school and be successful.

However, it's not just the O-Lines that would be better... it's the defenses too. Most kids are one way players that are more fresh, older, and just more athletic than mountain kids.

Yeah and they might not be as good if they play both ways in the bigger schools and as successful fullofitcount :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
Anyone got stats on JC running backs?
64SUR Wrote:Yeah and they might not be as good if they play both ways in the bigger schools and as successful fullofitcount :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

Was that your attempt at making a point?Confusederiously:
FullCount Wrote:Was that your attempt at making a point?Confusederiously:

No not really full count :moon::moon::moon::moon::moon: :closeenough:
NoPicks Wrote:Daylin Beach of Raceland. Hands down top running back in 1A, maybe in the entire state. He's D1 in my opinion.

Disagreed. As everyone knows I am a ram down to the core. But where does your reasoning come from? Daylin is a great athelete, but to call him best in the state is obsurd. As for being d1? Idk just yet. While he is fast, he doest run a sub 4.3. He has gotten tougher and for a taller rb doesnt go down easily. But to say he is best in the state is way past a bt of a stretch.